The benefits of celery have been known since antiquity. He was credited with not only healing, but also magical properties. There was a sign that if you hang root vegetables over the entrance to the house, then there will always be happiness and prosperity in the house. Celery was imported to Russia during the reign of Catherine II.Since then, this useful vegetable has gained deserved popularity.
- chemical composition of the roots of celery
- Vitamins and calorie stems
- root Benefits of celery
- Useful properties of stems and leaves
- juice benefits
- seeds Benefits
- Application in
- cooking in
- cosmetology medicine
chemical composition of the roots of celery
root crop Celery is rich incomponents like:
- Ascorbic Acid( Vitamin C) .It promotes tissue regeneration, improves blood clotting, improves immunity to infectious diseases, strengthens blood vessels, helps in the process of restoring skin and strengthening teeth and bones.
- Retinol( Vitamin A) .Participates in the formation of new cells, slows the aging of the body, accelerates recovery from infections of the respiratory organs, measles, herpes, infections of the digestive system and urinary tract.
- Thiamine( Vitamin B1) .Normalizes the brain, improves memory, stimulates the heart muscle, improves appetite, slows the aging of the body, soothes toothache. It is a stimulator of muscle and bone growth, eliminates seasickness. Reduces the effects on the body of tobacco and alcohol.
- Riboflavin( Vitamin B2) .It is necessary to improve the work of the thyroid gland, the growth of nails and hair, to maintain healthy skin. Reduces the effects of toxic substances on the lungs and respiratory tract. It reduces eye fatigue and increases visual acuity. Accelerates healing if tissue is damaged. Improves the functioning of the nervous system. Strengthens the immune system, is involved in metabolism.
- Nicotinic acid( vitamin PP) .Contributes to the prevention of heart attack, stroke, migraine. It protects against the formation of blood clots, the occurrence of diabetes. Normalizes the liver and stomach. Improves tissue growth, is involved in the creation of hormonal levels. Displays cholesterol, promotes fat metabolism.
Root celery contains:
- carbohydrates. They are a source of energy.
- proteins. Serve as a building material for building tissues and cells.
- fats. Form the protective membranes of organs.
- potassium. Maintaining blood pressure levels, regulates heartbeat, improves kidney function, and normalizes bowel function.
- magnesium. Removes toxins, improves blood flow to the heart, relaxes muscles. Lack of magnesium leads to excessive fatigue, slower growth, the occurrence of tachycardia, insomnia.
- phosphorus. Great concentration in the bones. Deficiency in the body leads to hormonal disorders.
The caloric content of the root crop is 34 kcal per 100 g :
- protein - 1.3 grams;
- fats - 0.3 grams;
- carbohydrates - 6.5 grams.
Vitamins and Calories in Stems
Celery stalks contain vitamins, macro and microelements :
- ascorbic acid( vitamin C);
- nicotinic acid( vitamin PP);
- alpha-tocopherol( vitamin E);
- folic acid( vitamin B9);
- Riboflavin( Vitamin B2);
- pyridoxine( vitamin B6);
- thiamine( vitamin B1);
- retinol equivalent( vitamin A);
- beta carotene;
- phosphorus( P);
- potassium( K);
- magnesium( Mg);
- sodium( Na);
- Calcium( Ca)
- Iron( Fe).
The calories of per 100 gram are:
- proteins — 0.9 grams;
- carbohydrates — 2.1 grams;
- fat 0.1 gram;
- dietary fiber - 1.8 grams;
- water - 94.1 grams;
- Ash - 1 gram.
can be eaten raw, boiled or baked ( root crop).Stems can be fried or stewed, and the leaves added to the salad. Celery seeds can be used as a seasoning.
Use of celery root
This vegetable is not only a useful product, but also has healing properties. Celery root has the following beneficial properties:
- Due to the high content of biologically active substances and essential oils, it has a good effect on the body when overworked, increases the efficiency of .Relieves nervous tension, increases resistance in stressful situations, improves sleep.
- For rheumatism, ulcer, respiratory diseases, neuralgic diseases, tincture of the root helps well.
- Due to the high concentration of vitamins and microelements, with regular use in food, improves the condition of the lips, skin, hair, eyes .
- When added to food, you can opt out of salt. Celery significantly improves the taste of food and is suitable for people who use a salt-free diet.
- Root crop has diuretic properties. Used to prevent bladder inflammation and to treat kidney disease.
- Increases the potency of a male , prevents inflammation of the prostate gland and diseases of the urinary system.
- It is recommended that children over the age of 1 year should be added to food in order to prevent vitamin deficiency.
- When 100 grams are consumed in the daily ration of fresh root, pressure is reduced during hypertension.
- Due to the high iron content of , the condition is improved with anemia, anemia, and depletion of the body's .
- Due to the presence of fiber helps to lose weight.
- Strengthens the nervous system.
- Removes salt from the body, providing joint mobility.
- Stimulates memory, concentrates attention.
- Strengthens the immune system in diseases.
Useful properties of stems and leaves
- Cleans the body of toxins;
- Hinders the progression of cancer;
- Strengthening the immune system;
- Reduces inflammation in rheumatism and arthritis, reduces swelling and pain in the joints;
- Strengthens the nervous system ;
- In the treatment of urogenital diseases is used as a diuretic;
- Regulates blood pressure ;
- Improves liver function;
- Lowers blood cholesterol;
- Digestive stimulation while losing weight;
- Increases the energy of sexual desire in women;
- Prevents vascular protrusion after long heels;
- A high content of fiber will relieve constipation, normalizes the work of the intestines .
- Increases the body's tone;
- Normalizes acid regeneration;
- Reduces the desire to receive fatty foods and sweets;
- Helps eliminate cellulite, swelling, excess weight;
- Soothes the nervous system ;
- Removes sand from the kidneys;
- Removes redness of the eyes;
- is used as an anesthetic and antiseptic agent for injuries and cuts;
- In cosmetology is added to face masks. Beneficial effect on skin condition.
The benefits of
- seeds Infusion of seeds reduces pain during the menstrual cycle ;
- Help to normalize hormones in women with menopause, improve mood, raise the tone.
Despite all its beneficial properties, celery has contraindications. It is strictly forbidden to eat it:
- Patients suffering from with epilepsy. Provokes aggravation of the disease;
- May cause harm to with increased acidity, ulcers, gastritis ;
- With varicose veins;
- Kidney stones; Movement of stones is activated;
- During Pregnancy .May cause miscarriage at an early period and premature labor at a late date;
- When breastfeeding. Celery makes milk production more difficult; a higher content of essential oils can cause intestinal colic in a child. The presence of a specific taste can cause the baby to give up the breast.
Use in cooking
The use of this vegetable in cooking is varied:
- greens are added to salads, decorated with dishes;
- used as a side dish;
- celery soup is consumed in the diet;
- from dried root vegetables are made seasoning for meat and vegetable dishes;
- from the juice prepare vitamin cocktails, used in the preparation of sauces;
- is added when canning.
salads. In cosmetology
Essential oil made from celery seeds is used:
- in aromatherapy;
- when performing massage;
- for bathing( it has a relaxing and soothing effect);
- added to the cream( whitening effect);
- frozen celery juice is used by to wipe the face with .It has anti-inflammatory effect, tones the skin, reduces the appearance of acne.
- for oily skin insist celery, poured boiling water for 4 hours, filtered and used as a tonic for wiping the face.
- mask of celery greens and egg white, applied to the face for 5-10 minutes significantly narrow the pores;
- anti-aging mask for fading skin is prepared from 50 milliliters of milk and 1 tablespoon of chopped celery greens. Bring to a boil, wetting the gauze in the solution, and then applied to the skin of the face for 15 minutes. Remnants of the mask are removed with a cotton swab.
Has a wide use in medicine:
- reduces pain and inflammation in stomach ulcers;
- use for ;
- for the treatment of urticaria, depriving;
- in inflammation of the liver, kidneys, bladder;
- children to improve their appetite;
- prevention of atherosclerosis ;
- as a laxative;
- for the normalization of water-salt metabolism in the elderly;
- as a choleretic agent;
- for enhanced performance;
- to improve brain performance. .
Celery is no wonder called a storehouse of nutrients. But do not forget that in all the necessary measure. The daily dose should not exceed 150 grams. Reasonable use of this vegetable will greatly benefit the body.