Apples - the most common and healthy fruit .Most grow them in their summer cottages and in the summer period enjoy tasty and juicy fruits.
And what to do in the winter? You can buy apples in the store, but you can not always be sure of their quality. Because fruits are delivered from other countries, and in order to preserve freshness, they are treated with various chemical compounds.
What should lovers of this delicacy do in this case? The answer is very simple - can be dried apples in the summer. You get pretty tasty and vitamins-filled dried fruits that will delight the whole family in the winter.
Table of contents
- Benefits and harms of dried apples for human health, calories
- Useful for weight loss dried fruits
- Which apple varieties to choose for drying?
- How to dry properly: basic requirements
- Preparing a fresh crop for drying and storage
- How and where to store at home: an apartment, a cellar or a cellar
- Basic rules for preserving dried fruit in a long winter
- Insect control methods
Use and harm of dried appleshuman health, caloric content
These dried fruits consist of a large amount of macro-and micronutrients, various vitamins that the body needs for proper activity:
- vitamins K, E and Bcirculating blood circulation;
- ascorbic and other acids contribute to the proper functioning of the brain;
- selenium, copper, magnesium, iodine, copper, zinc, manganese, iron and other elements saturating the body, increase immunity.
Dried apples contain the following substances:
- Mineral - magnesium, iron, iodine( improves blood quality, cardiovascular system, metabolism and supports the functioning of the hormonal system).
- Phytoncides ( stop the growth of pathogenic bacteria and fungi).
- Tanning ( have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial qualities).
- Organic acids - chlorogenic, malic, tartaric, arabinic acids( resist infections, regulate acid-base balance).
- Sugar - sucrose, fructose, glucose( restore strength, contribute to the rapid saturation of the body).
- Polysaccharide pectin components ( reduce cholesterol).
- Flavanoids ( resist cell damage by blocking the action of free radicals).
The calorie content of dried fruit is 231 kcal per 100 grams of product.
- Unripe apples: what can be done with them?
- 5 ways to freeze apples at home.
- Review of devices for quick cleaning and slicing apples.
Using dried apples, a person fills his body with a lot of useful elements, but has some contraindications to .
In case of diabetes or obesity, , the consumption of dried apples can negatively affect human health. With such pathologies, it is better to refuse to take dried fruits.
Apple Dryers promote good digestion due to the content of pectin, dietary fiber and fiber. The components of these fruits proteins, acids, essential oils and phytoncides improve metabolism and have a beneficial effect on the formation of microflora in the intestine.
Dried apples - beneficial properties and vitamins:
Useful for weight loss dried fruits
Various dried fruits are consumed during the period of diets in small quantities. This contributes to the increased calorie apple drying.
The dried product loses moisture, but the nutritional value remains in it. Because of this, the dry look of the product becomes several times more caloric than fresh.
. Use the diet on dried apples with caution. You should eat the complex of dried fruits and nuts for 5 days. On the day you need to use 200 g of drying and the same amount of nuts.
The mixture is divided into 10 parts and take every hour. In addition, you should drink plenty of fluids. Apple drying is recommended for weight loss purposes, but you need to replace the evening meal with them.
Dried fruits will bring harm and are contraindicated for people with a diagnosis of obesity and diabetes mellitus in the last stage.
Which apple varieties to choose for drying?
We select large or medium-sized fruits with thin skin and a small seed box. With this selection will be less residue and more finished product.
Better to use the crop of autumn sweet and sour varieties .Sweet fruits after drying often have a weak taste that most consumers do not like. For drying it is recommended to take varieties Aport, Antonovka, Pepin.
How to dry: the basic requirements of
Many housewives dry apples in an oven in an apartment. Ready slices need to be laid in 1 row on a baking sheet, but better on the grid. We expose a weak fire( 75 ° C) and leave the door slightly open.
For best results, before the end of the drying temperature is reduced to 50-55 ° C.Every hour and a half you need to mix the apples. The whole process is long, lasts about 7 hours, after which the fruits become pale.
The first and widely used method is to dry apples in the sun .It is used in hot areas with a predominant amount of hot days.
In the autumn period, it’s unlikely that apples can be dried on the street; the air should warm up well so that the product does not spoil, but rather quickly fades. Therefore, this option is used for drying summer varieties.
Finished fruits are laid out on a grid or baking sheet and mixed daily.
It is also possible to stitch the sliced fruit on a string and hang the .To protect against various pests, cover the product with gauze folded 1-2 times( but this is not a 100% guarantee of protection).Be sure to save from rain.
When performing all the items, the apples will turn into drying within 3-4 days.
The next option is drying in an electric dryer. With this device you can dry apples in a very short time and in large quantities. This is the most basic method of drying.
Apples are cut to a thickness of no more than 5 mm, settled in one row in an electric dryer and after 2-3 hours the product reaches readiness.
Drying in an microwave oven. The fruits are well washed and cut into slices with a thickness of 1 to 2 cm. Prepared apples are dipped in a weak salt solution( 4 liters of salt per 1 liter of water) to preserve color.
The product is placed evenly on a baking sheet and put in a microwave. Drying is performed at a power of 300 watts for 2 minutes. Turning off and looking, if damp, then return another 30 seconds in the oven.
The process requires care. Drying should get dried and supple. Time is approximate. Perhaps it will take 3 minutes, or 2 minutes and 45 seconds.
Drying apples and an unusual storage method:
Preparing a fresh crop for drying and storage
Selected apples wash well, cut out rotten places and a box of seeds. Peel on the fruit is desirable to leave , since it contains a higher percentage of vitamins.
After that, the fruits are cut into thin slices or cups and is placed in a saline solution for the best result .Apples are dried in a manner that suits every housewife.
The main rule of high-quality preservation of apples for a long period is the correct process of drying.
How and where to store at home: an apartment, basement or cellar
In whatever conditions were kept drying, should be aware of the basic requirements for this process :
- ventilated room;
bags made of dense fabric are well suited. It must be remembered that the storage of dried fruits near heat sources leads to deterioration of products. If the drying is packaged correctly, then oxygen will flow to it, which will prevent the appearance of mold and further damage.
Never store dried fruit in plastic bags or plastic containers. They close tightly and prevent access of oxygen, from which the apples can deteriorate.
The most suitable container for storing dried apples are small bags of dense material. They will not get through the mole and other insects for egg deposition.
can also use cartons, hermetically sealed baskets, as well as wooden packaging, which does not penetrate pests. At the bottom of the selected container should put a sheet of thick or wax paper.
Basic rules on how to preserve dried fruit in long winter
To preserve dried apples, remember:
- lining the top and bottom with waxed or thick paper;
- tightly stack dried fruits;
- when choosing a glass container, be sure to follow the density of the cover;
- drying should be far from other products with a pronounced smell( apples absorb odors);
- check the product frequently so that insects do not appear there;
- look through the slices, and get rid of spoiled ones.
Insect control methods
There are several options for combating:
- The first is to place the dryer in the oven and dry them for half an hour at 60 degrees. This method can be applied with the appearance of mold.
- Second - dried apples are placed in the freezer for a certain time.
Having processed the drying, it is necessary to clean the container where the apples were stored and replace the paper.
Properly dried apples can be stored for several years. .They are an indispensable source of most vitamins and minerals, which is so important in the winter. They prepare various delicacies and cook compotes.
Storing drying is a fairly simple process, and when all the requirements are met, allows you to constantly use the useful product in cooking .