- ) 2.
- tracks 2. natural stone( granite, limestone,
- ) 1.
- tracks 2. made of natural stone( granite, limestone))3.
- decking boards 4. Wooden sawn tracks - sod( logs, hemp)
- 5. Rubber tracks( tires)
- 6. Concrete tracks( cement mortar)
- 7. Paving tracks
- 8. Tracksfrom brick
- 9. Paths from artificialstone( clinker)
- 10. Lanes plastic( decking)
- 11. Tracks of lawn gratings
- 12. Tracks of glass crushed stone, glass chips
- 13. Tracks of glass bottles
Toeplitz - this is a good option for growing vegetation year round. However, in order to harvest a solid crop, it is necessary to equip the greenhouse properly. Proper arrangement of the tracks in the greenhouse is as important as the internal organization of the frame and the cover, because such paths and aisles are both practical and convenient. Our article suggests you to familiarize yourself with recommendations for equipping tracks in a greenhouse with your own hands.
Arrangement of beds and paths in the greenhouse
There are several types of arrangement of beds, the gardener prefers based on the most suitable option for his greenhouse and planted plants.
If inside the beds are broken and your building is small, then you need exactly in the middle to make the track .In this form, the beds will be located on both sides of the aisle.
The path should be at least 500 mm wide, but you can arrange a passage of different width, and more and less. In the first case, more space is occupied by the internal space, and this may adversely affect the quality and quantity of cultivated plants, for example, strawberries, and in the second, it will not be very comfortable for you to care for the plants.
Awareness of this fact shows that the size of the beds of 500 mm is considered the most optimal.
Such a passage will be convenient for the movement and care of grown crops, but at the same time will not affect the growth of plants.
- Regarding the temperature and climate in the greenhouse garden, it must be remembered that the moisture level in the greenhouse is high enough and this can affect the material from which the path is made, as a result, the can use the brick or fine gravel. Such a coating will be stable, and also ensures minimum slip in conditions of high humidity.
- If you need to equip a greenhouse of a much larger area in a similar way, then the beds are made more wide, and accordingly , the best solution would be to arrange several tracks parallel to each other. And the beds will be located between these paths.
- It is necessary to equip the greenhouse with beds in such a way that nothing interferes with comfortable care and watering. You need to understand that the execution of all processes takes place directly on the track. For example, in large large greenhouses , you can make several rows of beds parallel to each other, and the tracks will take the desired position between them.
- When creating walkways, fences are of particular importance. Your greenhouse will look neater and tidy, if the tracks are clean and there is no ground. Knowledgeable gardeners are advised to use boards, previously treated with special agents against fungi and rotting.
- For this, a small depression is made in the ground, the board is inserted sideways and lowered. You can make fences in this way: drive small pegs along the footpath, insert the board, leaning on these pegs, and directly install additional support on the other side of the rim. It should be noted that the edges of the fencing should not be too high, becausethis makes it difficult to care for crops. The optimal height of the side to protect the passage from the ground and pleasant care for plants - about 20-30mm.
Arrangement of tracks in the greenhouse
If the greenhouse is of a rectangular shape made of polycarbonate, then in this case beds can be made along the walls. To do this, you need to pave a walkway from the entrance to the center of the greenhouse and several smaller tracks deep into the rows of beds.
It is advised not to leave the path unpaved, so that it is not slippery, wet and practical.
If a warm floor is to be installed in a greenhouse, it should be laid under tracks with all layers of soil, including drainage. Under the tubes of such a floor is made a heat-insulating layer of polystyrene foam or foil foil. Such materials retain heat and do not allow to go deep into the earth.
What materials are used to create walkways in the greenhouse and in the garden?
The concept of an “experienced summer resident” implies a cost-effective approach in arranging greenhouse or greenhouse facilities. Alley in the country are created with their own hands from all available scrap materials. Also to this can be added dacha-garden ingenuity and individual design.
What to make paths in the greenhouse( review of materials)
1. Paths from gravel, rubble
Recently, bulk paths made of gravel and rubble are very popular - they are simple, functional and unpretentious in maintenance, and also affordable. The gravel material has several varieties:
- . pebbles are small, round-shaped pebbles, which are poured in an even layer of about 5 cm. Too large an increase in the layer of a loose pebble path makes it difficult to walk on it.
- Gravel crushed stone( “crushed stone”) consists of fractions of different forms, and this gives them a fairly good grip. The path of rubble well preserves the appearance and does not create any inconvenience when walking on it.
- Crushed shale - this natural material is used in the arrangement of the tracks mainly for decorative effect - near flower beds, shrubs, trees and other components of the greenhouse or garden.
Thus, gravel is excellent for arranging functional tracks in a greenhouse, and is a promising and optimal option. For the construction of a gravel path, it is necessary to study in detail the methods of placement, size, quantity, dimensions and all possible varieties of bulk material.
2. Natural stone paths( granite, limestone, sandstone, marble)
To create a pretty path in a greenhouse or in the country, you need to decide which natural material is most suitable. The basis for the greenhouse stone path can be taken: sandstone, gravel, granite, dolomite, flagstone, sea pebbles, paving stones.
Chipped and tiled stones have all the necessary properties for a stylish greenhouse path. However, this material has one drawback - the high cost. But at the same time, the long service life, high coefficient of strength and excellent decorativeness of the stone completely compensate for this minus.
Consider the most demanded types of natural material:
- Chipped paving stones. Special mix of granite and shungite hard fragments with characteristic sharp and sharp rectangular edges. Work with such tiles is not burdensome and fast.
- Plitnyak. This material contains fragments of various shapes and sizes, and this allows you to form an original and rather unusual path.
- Sawn stone. This product, before it reaches the customer, undergoes preliminary cutting and grinding - at the output you will get a rectangular stone with a smooth, almost mirror-faced side.
- Cobble and boulders. These stones are similar in a rounded shape, but differ in size: the cobblestone is small and the boulders are larger. The wide color range of these natural gifts opens up unlimited space for amateur gardeners to create their own unique color compositions and original patterns and elements.
Which natural stone you would not prefer, the creation of a greenhouse stone alley will begin with the design of its future contours. This means that the size, shape and functionality of the path are determined by your wishes and needs. Therefore, you first need to mentally present your future path with all the nuances, and only then begin to act.
3. Paths from decking
For flooring in greenhouses and greenhouses, terrace boards are often used, which include natural materials with wood-polymer composite. These platforms are easy to install, come with additional elements ( support beams, clamps, strips), covered with "breathing" oils and are famous for non-slip, pleasant surface.
Wood is processed using special technology and as a result, it is stable and durable under mechanical loads, withstands temperature fluctuations and increased humidity, ultraviolet radiation, is resistant to various biological factors( rotting processes, fungi, bacteria and insect plaque), is not subject to deformation, andmost importantly, durable.
4. Wooden saw cut tracks - sod( logs, hemp)
Having cut logs into small hemp 10-20 cm, they can be used as a basis for a greenhouse path or a summer residence.
This is an economical budget option to build a track in the greenhouse with your own hands. However, it should be noted that this natural material is impractical - over time, the tree rots and crumbles. Even the most careful treatment of wood with antiseptics and paints does not guarantee durability. The maximum service life of turf flooring is approximately 10-12 years.
At the same time, numerous variations of combined paths using chopped wood bark, shavings, sawdust and concrete slabs, or wood with brick borders, etc. look beautiful and cozy.
5. Rubber tracks( tires)
The track made of old automobile tires is of high quality, durable, resistant to external weather effects, , has anti-skidness and its most important feature is simplicity and ease of creation.
- When equipping the paths in a greenhouse or garden, you can independently make the floor of old tires or use a special rubber tile for this - a product of processing the same tires. This path will be more accurate and beautiful.
- Tape of the same size is easy to fit and assemble. The track can be of different widths and consist of several tread strips, but there must be a small gap between them - this will ensure water flow and quick drying of the flooring.
- rubber track is a great way to make a comfortable and safe passage along the greenhouse beds without significant expenses.
6. Concrete paths( cement mortar)
One of the budget and simplest solutions to the problem of convenient movement along the beds and the design of paths in a greenhouse is to fill a special cement mortar into the prepared formwork.
- Concrete is durable, resistant to various climatic and mechanical influences. For competent design of the paths inside the greenhouse, it is necessary to make a calculation of its area, as well as to calculate the amount of required materials. Making a plan, calculating all costs and preparing the necessary materials, you can proceed to the breakdown.
- Work with cement mortar includes the obligatory observance of all time cycles. The strength of the concrete alley depends on the speed of casting, the absence of interruptions in work. For these reasons, to create tracks in the greenhouse with your own hands all the necessary tools and materials are prepared fully in advance.
- To facilitate the creation of a cement path, you can use plastic templates( shapes) - a special stencil, of various configurations and sizes, which is filled with mortar.
7. Paths made of paving slabs
Making tracks in the country or a greenhouse with this popular building material will cost you little, and at the same time allow you to easily embody design and creative ideas.
Pavement tiles are made from natural eco-friendly components and have these advantages: is resistant to various weather conditions, has increased strength, thereby ensuring the longevity of the path, and is easy to maintain .
Laying of paving slabs is carried out on the basis of a sand pillow and is considered fast, easy and economical. For the construction of tracks in the greenhouse or in the backyard area, you will need only a few components: directly concrete trim tiles, clean sand and cement mortar.
brick paths. The brick is similar in physical properties to paving tiles. However, building bricks are not suitable for forming tracks. It is not resistant to water, to constant contact with the ground. And in 5-10 years it is deformed and crumbled.
. Choosing a suitable brick, it is necessary to make preliminary calculations of the area and amount of material. This material allows you to lay paths in various ways.
The general style of landscape design and the gardeners' own design allow for the use of various types of masonry: parquet, diagonal, straight with shifting lanes, circular, Venetian masonry in the form of scales and its variations.
9. Artificial stone paths( clinker)
To create a passage in a greenhouse and greenhouses, a high-quality type of wall brick or clinker brick is used. "Strong" characteristics and outstanding decorative features are inherent in such an artificial stone.
This material is gaining increasing popularity among gardeners. It is high-strength, beautiful and presented on the construction markets in a wide range - this makes it possible to choose the color and texture of the future “road” to any, the most demanding taste.
10. Plastic tracks( decking)
Plastic is a good solution for arranging tracks in a greenhouse. This building material is inexpensive, practical and easy to care for, resistant to biological effects and operating loads. Special corrugated coating is able to prevent sliding at high humidity in a greenhouse or during rain on the site.
- Plastic coatings are characterized by imitation of various textures - tile, wood, natural stone, marble, metal, ceramics and others. As a result, plastic is very popular in the finishing work.
- A special plastic tile called decking( a tile of several connected planks) has outstanding properties of attractiveness. In its composition, it has wood flour and various polymer additives. Such a flooring looks like a regular floorboard.
- You can easily make a garden path or pass in a greenhouse made of plastic with your own hands, using such a handy material as plastic bottles. To do this, you will need to choose - caps, pieces, pieces or whole bottles. The walkway will look more interesting and more creative if, before filling in the sand mixture, put colorful candy wrappers, pebbles, glass pieces, pieces of paper or foil into the capacity of the bottles.
11. Paths from lawn lattices
Another available track option for a greenhouse or summer house is the use of lawn grids. Thanks to them, you can strengthen the lawn for walking on it without undesirable consequences. And for the greenhouse also get a good eco-friendly path. For laying such an element you need to make a base - a sand and gravel pad. You can also put the lawn plastic directly on the grass, without prior work.
A lawn grid is placed on the prepared site. A mixture of fertile soil, grass seed, and various fertilizers is used to put the structure to sleep. It is necessary to water this flooring several times a day. And then - the track is used for its intended purpose.
12. Paths from glass rubble, glass chips
In this summer cottage, the aesthetics and style of are given priority. The financial side of the issue is secondary. Today, the easiest way to beautifully design a glass path is to fill it with multi-colored glass rubble. This is not a specially broken glass, but an industrial material, without sharp edges and chips, so you can safely walk along such a path without shoes.
- It is worth noting that, nevertheless, this path is “expensive” will cost owners. The price of glass material from about $ 1 per 1 kg. And for an average summer cottage with a length of about 10 m, about 200 kg of “glass” will be required. But the effect is amazing! With proper lighting in the garden, such a sparkling inlaid walkway will become the main attraction of the country house and garden.
- The path of fiberglass is created quickly and easily. The marking is done, the layer of earth is removed at a depth of 10-15 cm. Experienced gardeners use a mixture of geotextiles for the lower layer. Such a connection prevents sedimentation of glass rubble, protects from erosion and protects from unwanted vegetation. Glass rubble about 2.5 cm thick is piled on top of the geotextile layer. And your glass path is ready!
- For a greenhouse, you can make borders - a series of small pebbles of various shapes, and all this in the complex will look harmoniously with the surface, with beds and give a complete, well-groomed appearance.
13. Track from glass bottles
For laying tracks in the greenhouse using whole glass bottles or for laying out the original and beautiful ornament from the garden plot, first of all, you need somewhere to get a large amount of glass material.
The arrangement of the footpath implies a preliminary marking of the future passage or the desired figure, pattern. At the site of the track, the soil is selected to the appropriate depth( according to the height of the bottle).Glass packaging is installed bottom to top, close to each other, and the distance and openings between it are filled with soil. Having made a couple of such rows, it is necessary to fill the gaps with water, in order for the soil to settle, and be sure to fill it up again. Heavy rain showers will make the earth sink even more, and then it is recommended to add sand on top. Thanks to such wonderful glass paths, the greenhouse is transformed internally, and the homely suburban area shines with multi-colored lights.