When planning a repair, it is very difficult to correctly calculate how many materials are needed. Very often it happens that after the end of work several bags of cement, a bucket of water-based paint, or two or three sheets of whole drywall were left unused. What if there is no place to store the remains, there seems to be no one to sell, but it is a pity to throw it away? It is possible to return to the store in which it was purchased. But there are several nuances that make the return of building materials impossible.
What building materials can not be returned to the seller
High-quality goods, if they have no defects and problems, cannot be returned. They will not accept building materials that are not refundable by law, as they are sold in meters. A simple example: a customer has purchased a certain amount of laminate packaging. As a result, it was not built, for example, by the color of the product. He wants to return the laminate, pick up the money, or exchange the goods for another, suitable color. You can do it. But if the buyer cut the laminate in the store, or the size of the floor covering in meters is indicated in the receipt, the goods will not be returned to the buyer.
This rule applies to items such as cut-off fabric, tile, wallpaper, etc. If the product is sold in packaging or piece, you can return it. But when the buyer takes the goods per meter or makes changes - it is impossible to return the material.
In addition, the following building materials are not subject to return:
- Pesticides, household chemicals. For example, it may be a special primer for the destruction of mold, designed to treat the walls before wallpapering;
- Wiring, electrical cords, cables, including “carrying”;
- All types of floor coverings, which are measured by the seller in meters or sold by the cutting method - linoleum, laminate, parquet;
- Curtains, curtains, carpet, carpets, films.
Dry building mixes can be returned if the packaging remains intact and there are no fossils in the mixture (which is easy to check without even opening the bag). Adhesive and plaster mixes are subject to return provided that they were considered not as meters, but as bags or buckets (paint).
Even if the product sold to you turned out to be of poor quality, it cannot be returned if:
- Warranty Expired;
- The buyer is to blame for damage to the goods (violation of the rules of transportation, storage, etc.).
An important point: there is also a special category of non-refundable goods - goods intended only for a specific buyer. They cannot be returned because the store will not be able to sell them to someone else. For example, a client ordered sawn timber of a non-standard size and shape.
- Where a cheap substandard corrugated board is useful in construction
- What are the disadvantages of expanded clay as a heater
- What is the difficulty of gluing fiberboard to the walls
- What are the disadvantages of a polycarbonate roof
- Which foam block is not suitable for building a house
- Which windows are better: plastic or wooden
- Why is marmoleum the best flooring?
- Why penetrating waterproofing the basement from the inside is not done
- Than latex foam is better than other construction foam
- In which cases it is impossible to add waste oil to bitumen
- Why you should not replace the ondulin brand horse with a metal one
- What to choose - pressed fittings or crimp fittings
New publications are published daily on our channel in Yandex. ZenGo to Yandex. Zen