Now almost all wallpapers are made of vinyl. The material was able to show itself perfectly, it is durable, easy to care for, and it also has a beautiful appearance that will delight its owners for an average of ten years.
In order to be able to glue the wallpaper correctly, you should learn about them as much as possible. Vinyl wallpapers can be made on paper or non-woven backing. The first option will be more affordable, but the non-woven base provides much more benefits and amenities.
Vinyl wallpapers on non-woven walls have high tensile strength, therefore, even during self-pasting of walls, you can not be afraid to damage the material.
Wallpaper consists of three layers, due to this they are dense and even quite thick, the canvas is able to stretch, especially it will be noticeable, or rather not noticeable, in the corners of the room after some time, when paper-based wallpapers can simply to tear.
How to glue
First of all, preparatory work should be carried out. The walls should be cleaned of the old coating, in case of detection of cracks and irregularities on them - you should get rid of them. Given that non-woven vinyl wallpapers are quite dense and thick, they can mask some imperfections of the wall, but if it is perfectly flat, then you can get the perfect look Wallpaper.
Vinyl wallpapers are glued without overlap due to the reason, again, the high density of the material, otherwise the overlap will be very noticeable. Due to back-to-back gluing, you can start pasting from absolutely any place in the room that is more convenient for you, this is convenient in cases where it was not possible to remove all the furniture from the room. However, experts advise starting from the angle, which is best seen when you enter the room.
Glue is applied to the wall, it is not necessary to apply it to the wallpaper, this is a big plus for the non-woven backing. In problem areas for wallpaper - in the corners, under the ceiling and near the floor, the glue is applied in a thicker layer compared to other surfaces.
After the canvas is attached to the wall and fixed, air and excess glue should be expelled from the middle to the sides, this can be done either with a soft cloth or a special spatula. Excess wallpaper from the ceiling is cut with a clerical knife.
You can do the installation of vinyl wallpapers on your own, that is, you can save on the services of a construction team.
- Where a cheap substandard corrugated board is useful in construction
- What are the disadvantages of expanded clay as a heater
- What is the difficulty of gluing fiberboard to the walls
- What are the disadvantages of a polycarbonate roof
- Which foam block is not suitable for building a house
- Which windows are better: plastic or wooden
- Why is marmoleum the best flooring?
- Why penetrating waterproofing the basement from the inside is not done
- Than latex foam is better than other construction foam
- In which cases it is impossible to add waste oil to bitumen
- Why you should not replace the ondulin brand horse with a metal one
- What to choose - pressed fittings or crimp fittings
New publications are published daily on our channel in Yandex. ZenGo to Yandex. Zen