Block house or imitation of logs is a way of lining as internal. And of the external walls with special panels having an external convex side and a flat base. In general, with the help of such cladding the impression of a log cabin is created. The popularity of this finishing method is explained by its advantages.
Materials of manufacture
Block houses can be made of wood, metal or polymeric materials. In the first case, linden or oak massifs are used, as well as coniferous wood: cedar, pine, larch. Wooden block houses have increased waterproofing due to the content of natural resins in the panels, as well as resistance to various weather conditions. Larch panels are least affected by rotting and destruction due to the dense structure.
Spruce and pine block houses are the most budget options that have high strength due to the content of a large number of resins. Cedar panels are excellent for interior decoration, as they are able to control the humidity level in the room.
Vinyl block houses are more often used for exterior decoration. Such panels look like bars of a cylindrical type. The advantages of using the material are that the manufacturer can apply the exact texture and color of a certain wood species to it. The outer part has high resistance to various adverse conditions. Also, the material is absolutely not susceptible to decay and is not attractive to insects, unlike wood.
Metal block houses are the most durable option for the exterior decoration of the house. It is not susceptible to decay, cracking, deformation and fading. Installation of panels is simple and accessible to every person who does not want to resort to the help of professionals.
Block House Benefits
Imitation of logs has gained considerable popularity due to the variety of materials from which it can be made, as well as because of other indisputable advantages.
Wooden block houses have the following advantages:
- Eco-friendly material;
- Compared to the log array, the block house does not warp and does not give deep cracks, since the material is dried very carefully;
- The tree is resistant to mechanical damage. In case of scratches or deeper defects, they are easy to hide by grinding and painting;
- Panels made of wood are lightweight, which does not create an unnecessary load on the foundation;
- Withstand temperature extremes;
- High vapor permeability, which prevents the formation of condensate;
- The cost of a block house is much less than a rounded beam;
- Additional insulation and sound insulation.
Advantages of metal:
- Resistance to temperature changes and changes in weather conditions;
- Low price;
- It does not need additional processing;
- It does not burn or corrode.
Advantages of Vinyl:
- It features a high variety of colors;
- Does not need protective treatment;
- Non toxic
- Resistant to moisture.
- Where a cheap substandard corrugated board is useful in construction
- What are the disadvantages of expanded clay as a heater
- What is the difficulty of gluing fiberboard to the walls
- What are the disadvantages of a polycarbonate roof
- Which foam block is not suitable for building a house
- Which windows are better: plastic or wooden
- Why is marmoleum the best flooring?
- Why penetrating waterproofing the basement from the inside is not done
- Than latex foam is better than other construction foam
- In which cases it is impossible to add waste oil to bitumen
- Why you should not replace the ondulin brand horse with a metal one
- What to choose - pressed fittings or crimp fittings
New publications are published daily on our channel in Yandex. ZenGo to Yandex. Zen