As well as food, construction mixtures have their own shelf life. After this period, the material begins to lose its basic properties. Of course, there is a significant difference, construction mixtures do not immediately become unusable. The whole process of decay of the main components is not so transient. Just in the indicated period, it is recommended to use the material. After this period, the material may still be quite suitable for work for some time, but the manufacturer is no longer responsible for possible risks associated with poor quality finishes.
Generally, putty is made in a small sealed container. If the material has not been opened, but the expiration date has passed, in principle, it can still be used. Since the composition did not come in contact with air and no chemical reactions occurred. But putty should be used with caution and not be used in serious finishing work, on which the quality of the finish base will depend. It is best to use it for sealing small cracks, seams and other similar works.
Using materials with an expired shelf life in finishing work, there is always a risk that the putty layer may peel off the surface. Since the composition has undergone changes and strength characteristics have become much worse. This may be due to the loss of moisture in the material, which is the main bonding element. Even if you add water to the dried plaster again, this will not ensure the restoration of its original properties. Since many of its components have already crystallized and hardened.
If you still decide to use a composition with an expired shelf life, you should be prepared for some unpleasant moments. It cannot be said exactly what time frames the integrity of the putty layer will be limited. But it is safe to say that he will not last long. Sooner or later, the finish will begin to become cracked, as the balance of the ratio of water with the rest of the binder components was disrupted. Soon, the putty will just begin to fall off in pieces. And you still have to purchase new material to eliminate the resulting problem.
Do not use expired materials to decorate your home, anyway, you will have to pay double. It is better to immediately buy a new putty and eliminate all possible problems associated with this.
- Why it is not recommended to build a hollow brick house
- Why is it important to know the weight of the brick before construction
- Than cellular polycarbonate is better than monolithic
- What type of corrugated board is the most common for roofing
- Where a cheap substandard corrugated board is useful in construction
- Typical errors in the installation of wall panels from corrugated board
- Embossed tile: what is worth knowing before purchase?
- Popular materials for construction
- What is the advantage of building houses from wood concrete slabs
- Facing tile: types and characteristics
- Gutter systems: types, materials, characteristics
- Why you should not use expanded clay as a heater
New publications are published daily on our channel in Yandex. ZenGo to Yandex. Zen