The modern market offers a lot of tools for sealing threaded joints of various pipes. However, among the many items there are those that have a rather limited functionality or operating temperature, resistance to stress and toxicity. Depending on all these parameters, the most effective and safe sealant is selected for each specific case.
The flax thread is used the longest in plumbing. Compared to modern sealants, it is not so convenient to lay on the thread, this material does not tolerate high temperatures well, so it is not suitable for a heating system. In addition, flaxseed is unsafe for pipes made of non-durable materials, such as aluminum, because when it comes into contact with water, the thread absorbs it and swells, which can lead to pipe rupture.
Many have already appreciated Teflon or the so-called plumbing thread. It is absolutely safe for the pipeline, it can be used at high temperatures, and it is quite durable. However, with regard to the use on pipes that carry drinking water, this parameter must be clarified by sellers. Usually, the cheapest threads are for technical water supply, and for drinking water are more expensive items.
The cheapest material is fum tape. It is easy to use, it is easily removed if necessary from the thread. However, it will provide a strong connection only if the pipe is not under some kind of mechanical load, for example, on weight or if there is no strong vibration. In the presence of these factors, leaks will soon appear, which can lead to property damage. Also, the connection with it may weaken over time, so you should not forget to periodically tighten the nuts.
Another modern sealant is not hardening. It does not glue the pipes, but simply fills the empty spaces and does not allow water to leak out. It is absolutely safe, it is very easy to use. However, it is not suitable for a water supply under high pressure, in which case water easily displaces the sealant, and leaks result.
The most effective and safe for any compounds are considered anaerobic sealant and hardening. In some cases, when disassembling pipes, you need to consider that you will either have to make a lot of effort or simply saw the pipe. Therefore, it is not always worth choosing the most durable sealant.
- Why it is not recommended to build a hollow brick house
- Why is it important to know the weight of the brick before construction
- Than cellular polycarbonate is better than monolithic
- What type of corrugated board is the most common for roofing
- Where a cheap substandard corrugated board is useful in construction
- Typical errors in the installation of wall panels from corrugated board
- Embossed tile: what is worth knowing before purchase?
- Popular materials for construction
- What is the advantage of building houses from wood concrete slabs
- Facing tile: types and characteristics
- Gutter systems: types, materials, characteristics
- Why you should not use expanded clay as a heater
New publications are published daily on our channel in Yandex. ZenGo to Yandex. Zen