Russia, Moscow region, Moscow+79041000555
During the repair, the question of choosing a stove always sharply arises, since this element is one of the most important in the kitchen, where cooking, frying, and baking occur. Now science and technology have advanced so far that there are many types of stoves: gas, electric, combined. If your choice is an electric hob, then from this article you will find out what they are, as well as how to choose your ideal option.
Types of electric hobs
A kitchen electric panel is divided into types according to some criteria. Firstly, this is the type of installation, that is, the electric hob is built-in or freestanding. Secondly, this is the material from which the cooking electric panel itself is made for the kitchen. These two topics will be detailed below.
Thirdly, electric stoves differ in the way they are controlled:
- Touch - activation of the panel occurs by touching a finger. This type of control is modern and comfortable. At first it may seem unusual, but you quickly adapt to it. Its advantage is the easy washing of the surface, because it is smooth and without obstacles;
- Mechanical - a familiar and reliable method known to everyone. Management consists of turning the knob or pressing a button to adjust the combustion temperature.
Fourth, electric panels work when using different heating elements in the burners:
- Cast iron. The classic, traditional version, which is gradually losing ground in the home appliance market, is no longer in demand. Apparently, people do not see the point in acquiring an electric stove, if in appearance it resembles a gas stove.
- Rapid. The simplest burner mechanism, which involves the installation of a high-temperature spiral in glass ceramics. It has a high speed of heating and cooling "pancake" - 10-15 seconds.
- Hi Light. Here, as a heating element, a special alloy tape is used, located in the asbestos base. It is possible to precisely set the desired heating temperature due to stepless adjustment. The hotplate completely heats up in a maximum of 5 seconds, but it consumes 50% more electricity than the previous competitor.
- Halogen. The most effective and fastest heating model - the surface heats up almost instantly after switching on. The thing is the device of the stove: in addition to the spiral there is a halogen lamp that emits a large amount of light, heat and infrared radiation. True, not only “pancakes” are heated, but the entire surface.
- Induction. The most modern and economical option. The principle of operation is based on the use of an electromagnetic field. The induction unit creates an electromagnetic field that heats the dishes on the burner and the food inside. The main advantage is the absolute safety of this type, since it is impossible to burn on the surface, because it does not heat up. Of the shortcomings, only the high cost and the need to purchase special dishes that will have magnetic properties and a diameter of a certain number of centimeters.
Type of installation of the hob (dependent, independent)
The dependent power panel is installed only above the oven; they have common control and power supply. This option is suitable for you if you want to buy a ready-made kit. These items of household appliances look the same, have a common design, look harmonious. The main minus is that if a malfunction occurs in the oven, the built-in electric stove for the kitchen will also fail.
An independent model does not rely on the operation of the oven, is completely autonomous. From the obvious pluses: it is possible to combine and combine different versions of household appliances, for example, a stove is more expensive, and an oven is cheaper. It is also not necessary to place them nearby, if it is not convenient with the existing layout of the kitchen. For example, there may be an electric hob electric, and the oven is located in a drawer at the other end of the room.
According to the material of manufacture, the hob is divided into the following types:
- Enamel coating. The most affordable, but least resistant to mechanical damage, quickly scratches and is difficult to clean from pollution. A large palette of colors allows you to choose a shade suitable for the interior of the kitchen. But the stove perfectly withstands the effects of high temperatures and humidity.
- Aluminum. Also a relatively inexpensive option, not afraid of heat and shock. Despite its resistance to mechanical damage, it is not recommended to use abrasive cleaners, since scratches to aluminum are still terrible. In addition, traces of moisture and fingers remain on the surface.
- Stainless steel. Practical model, slightly higher than previous competitors in price. It manifests itself perfectly under mechanical stress, as well as at high temperature, humidity. Durable and easy to care for, but fingerprints are noticeable on the steel surface, they will often need to be wiped.
- Glass ceramic. The most expensive option that fully justifies its price. It has a stylish appearance, heats up quickly and cools just as quickly, easy to clean (just wipe the surface with a soft sponge). In addition, it pleases with touch control and long service with careful handling. It is better not to abuse the strength of glass ceramics, since with carelessness it can also crack or scratch.
What additional features should I look for when buying a hob?
Judging by customer reviews, it is important to pay attention to a few more important parameters:
- Number and placement of heating segments. The most common are hobs with four “pancakes” located in the corners. But for a person who lives alone, there is no point in overpaying for something that he will not use. For such cases, three- or two-burner panels were invented.
- Waiting mode. This function is economically advantageous because electricity is not consumed if there are no dishes on the surface.
- Timer. The hotplates themselves turn off at the right time, so it makes no sense to worry about the fact that the dish is boiled or boiled.
- Shutdown. An emergency shutdown of the system occurs in a dangerous situation. For example, the hotplates will automatically turn off if liquid has been spilled on the hob.
- Heating. This function allows you to reheat already cooked food at low temperature indicators. On the burner, you can put not only the usual pots and pans, but even plates.
In addition to the above additional functions, be sure to consider your own preferences and requirements for the hob. The interior and design of the kitchen, the number of people in the family, the presence of children, as well as your individual eating habits and cooking features play a role here.
Which manufacturer is better?
If you have already decided that you want to purchase an electric stove, but still wonder: “Electric hobs: which are better?”, Price and many other factors play a role in your choosing.
In household appliance stores in Moscow and other large Russian cities, models produced by firms from different countries are presented. Both domestic and foreign options are offered for sale, the latter of which still benefit in comparison. The most respected companies producing electric hobs:
- Bosch - simple, reliable, easy to use and maintain, a kind of real classic for the kitchen;
- Hansa - convenient mechanical control, quickly heating rings, proven German quality;
- BEKO - inexpensive, simple, powerful and regularly performing basic tasks;
- Zanussi - belongs to an affordable price category, has high quality from a trusted manufacturer;
- Electrolux - reliability combined with an aesthetic appearance, in addition come safety and ease of operation;
- Gorenje is one of the best manufacturers that offers practicality, reasonable price and stylish design in one bottle.
With great interest I always read your comments to my articles. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them, leave, you are welcome, Your feedback in the form below. Your opinion is very important to me. Thanks to your criticism and thanks, I can make this blog more useful and interesting.
I would be very grateful if you rate this post and share it with your friends. This is easy to do by clicking on the social media buttons above. Do not forget the article you like Add to bookmarks and subscribe to new blog posts on social networks.