The concept of "kitchen studio" in the interior of the room appeared a long time ago. The main characteristic is the breakdown of space into separate zones.
In simpler terms, zoning is nothing but the demolition of all partitions, walls and dividing an apartment into zones using design solutions. For example, the kitchen and living room have a common interior, are not separated by walls, differ from each other due to the specific attributes of a particular room.
Advantages and disadvantages of open plan
The indisputable advantages of joint planning include:
- the large area of the room, which opens when the walls are removed (by the way, they “press” strongly in a small room), the movement becomes very convenient;
- many people feel more comfortable in an open-plan room, this does not allow them to feel alone;
In new homes, unlike old ones, such a layout is called free, that is, you can create the desired location of the zones yourself, based on your own preferences.
The design of the studio kitchen has a couple of minor flaws:
- smells from cooking instantly spread throughout the living area, but this can be avoided with a powerful hood;
- uncleaned things or unwashed dishes will always be “in sight”, so cleaning should be done regularly, otherwise this mess will not let you relax.
Features of the arrangement of the combined premises
The rules of the modern design studio do not include the mandatory presence of all zones in one room. Bedrooms, children, library, cabin can be located separately. But the central location should have a kitchen and living room. On average, they stand out about 20m2. Depending on the circumstances (a rare stay in the kitchen or a small family), less space can be allocated to the kitchen than to the living room, and vice versa. This method is especially relevant for private homes.
Separately, it is worth highlighting the layout of the Khrushchev. The task of equipping the kitchen with 4 incomplete square meters is not simple, but feasible. Examples of photo studio kitchens in a small apartment can be found on the Internet.
The first thing you should do is study all the features of the floor plan. The catch is that in most projects, the wall between the room and the kitchen is a load-bearing wall. Its elimination can lead to disastrous consequences. By the way, this applies to all redevelopments - consider where the load-bearing walls are.
There is a solution to the problem with the load-bearing wall - columns and arches. It is noteworthy that the columns should bear a common load, and not just be decorative. To choose the right material for the column, do not choose a housekeeper or rashly expensive options, consult a specialist.
Zoning space in the studio kitchen
To correctly place emphasis on a specific zone, work with a variety of elements Interior: furniture, various surfaces, different levels of ceiling and floor, partial separation space. Let's analyze each item in more detail.
Combination of various surface finishes
The working surface of the countertop is displayed in the center of the room along the demarcation line. Here you can arrange any kitchen equipment (sink, hob, etc.). Exhaust ventilation and cabinets are installed on the ceiling.
Tiered ceiling and floor
If the room has low ceilings, then this method is not appropriate both in terms of convenience and in terms of safety rules. According to the "standard" in the studio kitchen, the level of the place of cooking is raised above others. It is ergonomic to lower the finished dishes from top to bottom. Do not worry about the small height of the walls. Glossy vertical cabinets are able to visually stretch the space.
For example, to designate a kitchen put a large dining table. To draw the line between the living room, set up a sofa with a flat back, which simulates a partition. Bar counter with chairs. The rowed chairs near the bar speak for themselves. The choice of color of furniture plays a huge role. If we talk about the bar again, then loft, fusion, techno are appropriate here.
Interior partitions, shelving or false walls for partial separation of space
This method is rather rough for an open plan. However, if you sometimes want to retire from everyone, then this option is possible when using partitions between rooms, wardrobes. A decorative element such as a shelf (plus a place to store books) divides the zones well. Plasterboard false walls have attachment points only on the ceiling and on the floor, and are also considered effective in zoning.
Lighting as a zoning tool
- An advantageous way of zoning space is lighting. If you choose the right type of device and the degree of its lighting, you can achieve a high zoning result, which will not require additional devices.
- If the studio kitchen is small and located far from the window, it needs to be properly lit. After all, cooking in the dark is simply inconvenient, in addition, the room looks even smaller in the twilight.
- Spotlights are placed inside and on furniture (wall cabinets). In the center of the kitchen you need to hang a nice stylish chandelier. If there are free "empty" walls, hang sconces on them. If you have a bar, it also needs to be lit separately. In this case, the ceiling lights hanging from the ceiling will look good.
- If you adopt all these methods, then the interior design of the studio's kitchen will be transformed. The area of the first will visually increase, and the second will look new when lighting changes.
The nuances of the studio interior
- If you want to correctly organize the room and get a good result, the repair of the studio kitchen should be carefully thought out. Start with the distribution of zones. Take a paper sheet and mark on it all the functions of the planned studio. Answer the following questions. How often and how much do I cook? How many people usually sit at the dinner table? Do we often cook with the whole family? Do guests often come to us? How do we spend our leisure time? Where should children do their homework? Is an extra bed needed in the living room? By answering these questions, you will help yourself not only in the layout of the studio space, but also in the choice of household appliances, accessories, lighting and decoration.
- Do not be afraid to abandon unnecessary zones. For example, if you do not like long feasts and rarely invite guests, the bar counter along with a coffee table will be a great alternative to a large and unnecessary dining table. You never invite guests, and spend all the time with friends in a cafe, restaurant, etc.? In this case, the liquidation of the living room in favor of a more spacious bedroom is a reasonable decision.
- With a great love of cooking, buy a good, large and functional kitchen set. If you do not have such an addiction to culinary art, a compact kitchen and a stove with 2 rings will be quite enough. Nevertheless, about 70cm of the worktop must be maintained. This is the minimum width for comfortable cooking.
- In new buildings, studio rooms are officially called the "free layout." It seems that you can arrange all the zones as you like, but no. For example, some rooms, such as a kitchen and a bathroom, have the same requirements as in the houses of the old foundation in Moscow. They are always indicated by the developer. Going beyond this zone is strictly prohibited.
- If you live in the old Khrushchev (in the presence of a gas stove and a column), then dividing the kitchen with an interior partition is a mandatory fire safety requirement.
It will help you choose the design of a beautiful kitchen studio photo of finished interiors, presented in the next paragraph.
Photo Gallery: Studio Kitchen Design
With great interest I always read your comments to my articles. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them, leave, you are welcome, Your feedback in the form below. Your opinion is very important to me. Thanks to your criticism and thanks, I can make this blog more useful and interesting.
I would be very grateful if you rate this post and share it with your friends. This is easy to do by clicking on the social media buttons above. Do not forget the article you like Add to bookmarks and subscribe to new blog posts on social networks.