- One-row arrangement of furniture
- L-shaped (angular) arrangement of furniture
- U-shaped kitchen
- Kitchen with island
- Kitchen with a peninsula
- Useful Details
The square shape is the most successful for the kitchen, including for the small one. Of course, a lot depends on the size, but in general, we can say that if the room has a size of more than 3 × 3 m, then almost all types of layouts will be available here. There are many combinations of equipment arrangement, cabinets and furniture, but they can all be divided into several types:
- Single row;
- Double row;
- The peninsular.
In this material, we will consider in detail all these options for planning except for two-row, as it is more suitable for arranging narrow and elongated kitchens, rather than square.
One-row arrangement of furniture
Implies the arrangement of kitchen cabinets along one wall, the dining table is placed opposite the headset or closer to the window.
The layout is recommended:
- If the kitchen is small, say 3 × 3 m;
- If you want to leave more room for the arrangement of a spacious dining area;
- Provided that there are islands in the kitchen;
- If in the kitchen you want to put a sofa to rest.
Pros:The set, built in one line is compact, simple and versatile..
Minuses:building three working points - a plate, a sink and a refrigerator - in one row, be prepared for frequent rushes back and forth during cooking.
Hint:A suite with an additional third tier or with an enlarged second tier will allow you to store more things in it or hide behind the pipes the duct of the air duct.
Below is an example of the design of a square kitchen with a linear layout and a sofa.
L-shaped (angular) arrangement of furniture
L-shaped layout - a win-win option for any square kitchen - both small and large.
Pros:Angular kitchen is good in that it involves two walls and an angle between them, and also allows you to arrange a plate, a sink and a refrigerator on the principle of "working triangle while leaving enough room for the dining room zone.
- To visually "unload" the interior of a small square kitchen, you can leave one wall without hanging cabinets or hang open shelves instead.
- To equip the kitchen corner with a sink or stove, organize a workplace here or a convenient storage cupboard, it is best to choose a headset with a trapezoidal corner module.
Next in the photo is an example of the design of a corner square kitchen area of 1, sq. M. meter.
And here are a couple of examples of small square kitchens with a corner suite.
The U-shaped layout is another great option for a square-shaped kitchen that uses three walls and two corners between them.
The layout is recommended for:
- Spacious kitchens ranging from 15 sq. M. meters;
- Kitchen-living rooms;
- "Working" cuisines.
Pros:The main advantage is convenience, because the work surfaces and lockers seem to embrace cooks - this allows you to cook, making minimum moves in the kitchen. And placing the letter P near the window makes it possible to wash dishes or cook, looking at the street, rather than on the wall.
Minuses:Not every square kitchen has an opportunity to build kitchen furniture in a U-shape. For example, it may interfere with the access to the balcony from one wall and the doorway - from the other, a small area and the technical difficulties of transferring communications, say, to a window. Especially it concerns the transfer of the gas stove, the exhaust duct and the sink.
- Theoretically, even in a kitchen of 3 by 3 m, a U-shaped arrangement of furniture is possible. But then a full-fledged lunch group will have to be replaced by an elegant table for 2 people or a bar counter.
- Passage between side cabinets should be not less than 120 cm (in extreme cases - 100 cm).
- To space does not seem to be furniture, walls and facades should be chosen in light colors (or even one tone). The second way to "unload" the interior - hang a pair of open shelves instead of hanging cabinets or even leave the wall empty.
- If the kitchen is not spacious enough, then to put here a standard 4-seater table, the U-shaped set should be designed very compactly. For example, one of its sidewalls can be shorter.
An example of a 3 × 3 m square kitchen design with a U-shaped layout is presented below (see!).
Kitchen with island
A set built in one or two rows, G-shaped or U-shaped, can be supplemented with an island that is able to combine the functions of the bar counter and the working surface with a stove and / or a sink (or without them).
The layout is recommended for:
- Spacious kitchens ranging from 20 square meters. meters.
- Kitchen-living rooms, when the dining area can be carried to the territory of the living room or to make the island not only a worker, but also a dining table.
- "Working" kitchens, when the apartment has a separate dining room.
Pros:The kitchen with the island is convenient like no other, because it allows you not only to build a "working triangle but also to remain open to communicate with the household or guests during cooking.
Minuses:To place in the kitchen and the island, and a suite, and a full-fledged dining area, you need to have a kitchen area of at least 20 square meters. meters. In other cases, the island will either have to be abandoned, or there will be places for meals for 2-4 people. Another disadvantage of the island's kitchen is the need for repair with a rise in the floor level for the installation of a sink or stove. Particularly difficult tasks of repairing kitchens with an island are the transfer of a gas stove, an exhaust channel and a sink.
- Typically, in a square kitchen, the island table should also be square as shown in the next photo compilation.
- The distance from the island to the headset or any other furniture should be at least 100 cm.
- In order not to complicate repairs, the island should be equipped with only an electric hob or a small refrigerator with a capacity of 120 liters.
Details of the interior of a square kitchen with an island table can be seen in the next photo slider.
Kitchen with a peninsula
The kitchen with the peninsula is a more compact alternative to the island layout. Unlike the island, the peninsula can be leaned against the wall and / or to the headset.
The layout is recommended for:
- Small kitchens in which a dining table can be replaced by a peninsula table.
- Spacious kitchens.
- Kitchen-living rooms, when the dining area can be carried to the territory of the living room.
- "Working" kitchens, when the apartment has a dining room.
Pros:The kitchen with the peninsula is convenient for cooking and at the same time more compact due to the fact that one side of it is leaning against the wall and / or to the rest of the furniture.
Minuses:The peninsula slightly loses in the comfort of the island, as it can not be avoided from all sides. As a rule, the peninsula plays the role of both a desktop, a place for meals and a place for storing things, which means that it can not fully replace the dining table either by capacity or by convenience use.
- With respect to the peninsula, the same recommendations as for the island table are relevant.
And here are some photo-examples of interiors of square kitchens with a peninsula.
See also: 10 rules of kitchen planning
- In the interior of a square kitchen, a square or round table is welcomed.
- If the kitchen is small, use the technique of mini format: a plate for 2-3 hot plates, a dishwasher with a width of 40 cm, not a standard 60 cm, a small oven with a microwave oven function. Also a small volume can be chosen for a shell, for example, with a width of 45 cm.
- . 5 layout options for a kitchen area of 11 square meters. meters.
- . Kitchen design 12 sq. M. m and 6 variants of planning.
- . Kitchen design 10 sq.m. m.
- . 10 tips for improving the kitchen area of 9 square meters. meters.
- . Design and layout of the kitchen area of 13 square meters. meters.
- . Design kitchen area of 25-30 square meters. m.