- Fundamentals of Material Selection
- Ways of laying tiles
- Design of an apron - basic recommendations
- Selection of tiles for kitchen - color and style
- Tile in the kitchen for the floor
Modern cuisine is often compared with the production site - because of the many harmful micro-climatic effects. Aggressive substances, sudden temperature changes, high humidity - all this significantly limits the choice of finishing material. No less important is the decor - after all in this room the whole family gathers for supper, friendly tea parties are organized and the best traditional pies are baked.
Fundamentals of Material Selection
The best solution for the kitchen is decorative ceramic tiles. However, before you update the existing finish, it is worth choosing the right tile - so that:
- Floor and wall surfaces withstood mechanical abrasion and loads, because the kitchen is considered one of the most visited and cleaned places in the house;
- The tile did not collapse from impacts or accidental dropping of dishes;
- The coating could withstand the effects of household chemicals, high temperatures and increased humidity;
- The floor tiles were not slippery;
- The decoration created a pleasant atmosphere.
Ways of laying tiles
It is believed that ceramic tiles are able to replace all other finishing materials, if it is a kitchen cladding. It can be used instead of plastic, wallpaper and so on. However, you should not choose the same tile for the entire room without exception - it is better if it will be to divide the kitchen premise into separate zones, allocating a cooking area (working area) and dining room.
The decor, laid out in a peculiar way, will help to create an original design. The most common ways of laying are:.
- In a checkerboard pattern - thanks to the use of contrast combinations, this design will be the best solution for floor design, in addition, this style will fit in almost any style of interior from Scandinavian to classics;
- For the cladding of a spacious or white kitchen, you can safely use bright combinations and various ways of laying. For example: a floor or an apron, laid out in patchwork style, with bright ethnic patterns or a contrasting pattern.
- Styling "herringbone" or imitating parquet, will qualitatively update the floor, without depriving it of traditionality and attractiveness;
- The tile laid on a diagonal, will perfectly zonirovat a premise;
- Decorative mosaic will be an exceptional solution for the kitchen - very creative and original. Standard lining can be replaced with a mosaic on the kitchen apron, on the floor and on the walls. You can use a simplified version, that is, a stylized tile, and full-featured art panels.
Advice: do not forget that the more the floor and the apron are decorated, the more reserved the kitchen design and the headset should be.
See material on the topic: How to lay the tile on the floor with your own hands.
Design of an apron - basic recommendations
For tiles in this area does not require high mechanical strength, but it must reliably protect the wall from contamination and withstand exposure to moisture, chemical components, high temperatures. Design is of great importance - you can replace only the apron, and the whole kitchen will be transformed. If the quality tile was originally used, which you want to update a bit, then you should use special interior stickers.
You can choose a material with a different pattern (for example, simulating patchwork, as shown in the example above), however, in order to keep the room in harmony, one should start from the following recommendations:
- Large tiles are laid in spacious rooms, because it visually "eats" space.
- To create spatial accents, use horizontal and vertical friezes with a pattern.
- To update the room, you can use several layouts and types of tile sizes in one layout - the main thing is that they correspond to the style and design of the kitchen set.
- Tile with a picture can become a real artistic decoration of your kitchen - you can replace the standard material with a highly decorative ready-made panel.
Very often used tiles for brick for the kitchen, popularly called "boar". This solution is ideal for vintage interiors or Provence and loft styles. However, do not forget that the voluminous, textured decor will be complicated in the care - you will have to carefully wipe the fat from all the depressions.
Tile with natural stone texture is also suitable for stylized vintage interiors - standard material can be replaced by interesting bas-reliefs with a rough design, creating an ethnic "ancient" style.
If you want to perform a creative kitchen design, then you can choose a tile that imitates a tree or patchwork technique patchwork, a material with an original geometric pattern or a pronounced structure.
See more: How to choose a tile for an apron: 12 nuances and an overview of popular formats
Selection of tiles for kitchen - color and style
Ceramic tiles with a pattern is considered a classic solution - it can imitate wood or metal, be decorated with flowers or abstractions. Choosing a decor is difficult, because it should look harmonious in the room after installation. If you first study the recommendations for choosing a tile, then you can easily orient in the store, and after laying you will not want to replace it for a long time.
The basic rules for choosing colors and styles are as follows:
- The design and color of the tiles must necessarily be in harmony with the kitchen set and countertop. Here you can use 2 approaches - create a contrast or, on the contrary, eliminate all discrepancies, shading existing elements with tiles that differ by not more than 2 tones.
- In the kitchen, there must be at least one more element that shades the tile, that is, corresponding to it in color. It can be curtains or a wall panel. Even if you decide to replace one of these trifles, picking them up under the ceramic facing, you will see how much the whole room will be transformed.
- Universal is considered. white color of apron. - this decor is easy to combine with other interior colors, in addition, it is easy to update using interior stickers;
- Neutral is also considered beige - it perfectly complements the wood of the kitchen set and visually expands the space;
- Black tiles are used in contrast combinations - for example, to create an unusual design in the form of a chessboard, which is presented above;
- Do you plan to upgrade the room in the oriental style? Then it is better to use blue and green colors;
- The material, imitating a tree or stone in brown and gray tones, is suitable for classic styles, vintage and provence;
- Decor with floral decoration will create a charming comfort of Provence.
The best solution for the fusion style will not be a tree, but a decor resembling a brick. For a high-tech style, you should choose metallized surfaces. By the way, instead of standard tiles, you can use mosaic - both in the form of small individual elements, and in a ready-made panel with a well-designed drawing, pasted onto a mesh - it is placed on a wall, fastened and covered seams.
Tile in the kitchen for the floor
Choose the decor, based on the following recommendations:
- Desirable rough, rather than smooth texture - so you do not slip, if you accidentally spill liquid. On the other hand, non-level surfaces are more difficult to clean;
- The floor must be resistant to wear - the abrasion characteristics are not lower than grade 3-4 of the strength class (such a coating does not require replacement for a long time);
- The color and texture of the cover must match the chosen stylistic solution;
- It is best if the floor tile repeats the color of the headset, or its lower part;
- Effectively looks contrasting with one another and the apron;
- Floor tiles can be in the tone of the walls;
- A can match the color of the apron, if the apron is solid;
- If the apron is bright, then the design of the floor should be restrained and vice versa;
- Complex design is not appropriate in a small kitchen - in small rooms the floor is laid out in a standard way, rectilinearly.
You can also combine materials - for example, a tile imitating a tree, combine with patterned borders, creating a luxurious imitation of a palace parquet. And in the work area, you can perform a diagonal stacking to further delineate the room.
- . All about the ceramic floor tiles in the kitchen.
- . Sex is known in comparison: we choose a floor covering for the kitchen.
- . Guide to wallpaper for the kitchen and design tips.
- . Plastic panels in the decoration of the kitchen apron and walls.
- . We create a unique design in the kitchen - we correctly combine the wallpaper.
- . How to choose an apron for the kitchen - help for the buyer.