The technology of the roofing device made of soft materials provides for the laying of a roofing sheet of roofing material, possibly as a fireless method, using special solvents and fixing liquids, melting the bitumen coating layer or by fire, when the surface is heated using a gas burner and the roofing material is literally glued to the roof.
- Description, device and principle of operation ↓
- Advantages and disadvantages ↓
- Kinds ↓
- Small class of GG-2 burners ↓
- GG-2S burners ↓
- GGK1 ↓
- GGS1-1.7 ↓
- GV burners ↓
- Roofing Technique ↓
- Safety precautions ↓
- The best models ↓
- Roofing torch GGS1-1.7 ↓
- GV - 900 ↓
- DIY making ↓
When using the fire method, appropriate equipment is also used for fast, efficient and mobile in terms of moving along the roof surface of the equipment - gas burners.
In addition, they perform other roofing works:
- Preparatory - drying surfaces in inclement weather.
- Additional - the old paintwork is burned, metal is heated or cut.
- Repair - Precisely warms up and compacts the place of damage to the coating.
Description, device and principle of operation
Gas burners inherently - These are portable torches burning a mixture of propane-butane and air. Structurally, all manual gas burners consist of a metal cup, inside of which there is a gas nozzle on long tube, with a plastic handle or a handle made of wood with a regulator or tap to adjust the flow gas supply.
Gas is supplied from the cylinder through a hose under pressure.
The principle of operation of the burner can be represented as follows:
- Gas is supplied under pressure through a hose to the valve on the burner.
- By opening the tap, the gas flow to the burner nozzle is regulated.
- A lit nozzle feeds a flame through a glass onto a heated surface.
Most manual roof burners are ignited by a match or a lighter, but more modern types of tools are equipped with a ignition piezo, which greatly facilitates the work with them. The design of the glass is designed in such a way that it has air leaks, and the ignited flame is not blown out even by very strong gusts of wind.
Manual gas burners are mainly used for roofing. But at the same time, the scope of the tool does not end there, such a tool can be successfully applied in other construction and installation works, where necessary fast local heating of materials, for example, when laying pipelines during waterproofing of welded joints, when removing various coatings, when heating bitumen mix in road works.
Advantages and disadvantages
A manual roof burner, today, is essentially the most effective tool when carrying out roofing with soft coatings.
This is largely due to the fact that:
- It has a small mass, an average of about 1.1 kg.
- The regulator allows you to easily adjust the length of the torch.
- Convenient handle made of heat-resistant plastic or wood allows you to work for a long time.
- The length of the burner allows you to warm up the roll coating without unnecessary movements.
- A special stop will prevent the nozzle from contacting the roof.
The disadvantages include:
- Small working radius, depending on the length of the gas supply hoses.
- The complexity of work at low temperatures - the propane gas mixture thickens, it creates difficulties with ignition and flame adjustment.
- Quite a large gas consumption during work.
To perform installation work on laying roofing from rolled materials by fire, various types of gas burners are used that have their own specificity and purpose.
Small class of GG-2 burners
In most ways it is used for small-volume work or in the household. This is due to the small size of the burner, it has a slightly shortened gas supply tube. But at the same time, this is a big plus when working in hard-to-reach places - for example, when laying the coating on air ducts, or when repairing small areas using small cylinders.
It has two cases, which allows you to reach a higher temperature, and the valve available for each nozzle allows you to adjust the gas supply and find the best option.
Specially available for heavy work and is characterized by increased reliability and durability, however, it is somewhat heavy.
It is widely used due to its low weight. and relatively economical gas consumption.
Both the GV-900 model and the GV-550 model have gained distribution due to the ability to produce full-surface heatingAt the same time, for the GV-900 models, the flame can reach 900 mm, and in the GV-550 model - more than half a meter.
The technology of coating the roof with soft roll materials using the fire method is carried out in several technological stages:
- Preparatory stage: concrete foundation preparation, crack repair, garbage collection.
- Layout of the roll base, joining joints, sizing joints.
- Strengthening the foundation planting it on a bitumen base.
- Using a manual gas burner, the base warms up and the roll coating is laid, pressed by the roller and, in addition, the joints of the rolls are processed with mastic.
- With burner the base and the first coating layer are heated, and the top layer is laid.
The basic safety rules for working with a manual gas roof burner are the general rules for conducting hot work.
Special rules include gas safety rules, namely:
- Gas cylinders must be in good condition, have no visible defects and have an appropriate brand of suitability for use.
- Hoses should not have mechanical damage, cuts, cracks.
- Connections, including hoses, gearboxes, burners, must be airtight to prevent gas leaks.
- It is forbidden to smoke during work.
- Gas roof burners can not be used at temperatures below minus 15 degrees Celsius, this is fraught with the explosion of a gas cylinder.
The best models
Roofing torch GGS1-1.7
It has two flame modes - working and dutyequipped with a control valve, burner weight - 880 grams, average gas consumption of about 9 liters per hour.
The price ranges from 1,500 to 1,900 rubles.
GV 3 P
Unlike other types, it has a lever control, weight about 1 kg.
The price is 250-350 rubles.
GV - 900
Professional tool equipped with piezo ignition, has lever control, length 900 mm, weight about 900 grams.
The average price is about 1600 rubles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch? v = ggEMjjg0JXI
The gas burner itself is a very complex and critical device. In its manufacture, it is necessary to apply not only the knowledge of metal science, because when heated, propane heats the surface to almost 1500 degrees.
Still need to ensure the tightness of the connection of all parts, including metal, but here you can not do without turning. In addition, the nozzle of the outlet of the gas-air mixture should be of a certain diameter, and to achieve such an indicator at home is almost unrealistic.
Another method of manufacturing a gas burner is to use a gas welding nozzle as a working element. burners, a glass can be made from an ordinary pipe, wooden planks can serve as a handle, and the valve will fit plumbing.
WITHAmu gas pipe is best made of brass, in extreme cases, of ferrous metal, but in this case it should be thin-walled, for quick cooling by ambient air.
At the slightest sign of a gas leak, immediately stop work and turn off the unit, shutting off the gas supply both on the burner itself and on the valve of the gas cylinder gearbox.