The microwave oven becomes dirty when used frequently. Both specialized detergents and folk recipes will help to clean the internal walls of the device: vinegar, lemon or citric acid, laundry soap. In this article, we will take a detailed look at how to deal with dried fat and food debris.
- How to clean the microwave inside correctly?
- How to clean the microwave in 5 minutes
- How to clean the device with household chemicals
- Disposal of pollution by folk methods
- Other effective ways
- Useful Tips
- Home Microwave Contamination Methods (video)
How to clean the microwave inside correctly?
For the long service life of the microwave oven, you need to follow a few simple rules when cleaning the device:
- A prerequisite is to disconnect the microwave oven from the power supply before wiping, open the door, allow the device to cool.
- Metal washcloths, brushes, brushes, other sharp hard objects cannot be used in the cleaning process. The inner surface of the device has a special coating. This thin layer reflects microwave waves. When touched by hard objects, it may cause scratches on the outside and inside the device, which will later lead to cracks.
- Aggressive household chemicals, which contain chlorine, acid, alkali, rough abrasive products are not recommended.
- Clean the external and internal surfaces of the appliance using a minimum amount of water to prevent moisture from entering the device. To clean the microwave inside of grease and other contaminants is best done with a clean, damp cloth, foam sponge or cloth.
- If dirt gets into hard-to-reach places, you can’t try to disassemble the kitchen assistant yourself. To get rid of crumbs and food debris, you can use a vacuum cleaner with a special narrow nozzle or entrust a microwave oven to a specialist.
To clean the device from the outside, just wipe it with a damp sponge with the addition of any detergent.
How to clean the microwave in 5 minutes
The easiest and fastest way to get rid of old and not very stubborn dirt is to use ordinary liquid or dishwashing gel.
- Pour water at room temperature into a glass container, add the product.
- Place the dishes with liquid in the microwave, turn on at full power for 1 minute (until steam forms).
- Remove the dishes, wipe the inside surfaces and the door of the device with a damp cloth.
Steam softens old pollution, so the microwave oven will be washed off without difficulty. For best effect, baking soda can be added to a container of water.
How to clean the device with household chemicals
When choosing cleaning products for microwave ovens, you need to choose gel-like or spray-shaped. The conditions of use and method of cleaning are written on each package.
When cleaning the microwave oven, strictly follow the instructions and recommendations of the manufacturer of the product. Avoid getting spray or gel on special gratings that cover the magnetron.
To get rid of grease and stains, it is necessary to apply the purchased product on the inner surface, bottom and door of the device. If it is a gel, then evenly on all walls, if spray - gently spray. According to the attached instructions, leave the microwave for a few minutes, then wipe it thoroughly with a damp sponge, then with a soft and dry cloth.
You can clean the microwave oven by conventional means, which are always at hand.
Disposal of pollution by folk methods
Experienced housewives do fine with drops of fat without the use of purchased household chemicals. You can clean the microwave with:
- citric acid.
These methods are safe and inexpensive.
How to clean your microwave with vinegar
Vinegar is the simplest and most popular method. It will help to cope with the dirt inside the microwave, with an unpleasant odor and rust.
- Pour warm water (200 ml) into a glass container.
- Add vinegar essence (3 tbsp. l.).
- Place the dishes in the microwave, turn on the power of 500-800 watts for 10 minutes.
- After the required time, wipe the inside of the device with a damp cloth.
Steam with vinegar will perfectly eat away stubborn dirt and deal with an unpleasant odor. To improve the aroma during such processing, a few drops of any essential oil should be poured into the solution.
How to clean a microwave oven with lemon
The most enjoyable way to peel is with fresh citrus fruits. It can be lemon, grapefruit, lime, orange.
- Cut the fruit (1 large or 2 small) into pieces, dip in a suitable plate.
- Add water (200 ml) to the container, put in the oven, turn on at maximum power for 5-15 minutes.
- After the device is finished, do not immediately open the doors, let stand and soften dried mud for about 15 minutes.
- Remove grease with a soft damp cloth, then wipe dry all the walls of the microwave.
This method is also good if you do not clean whole citrus fruits, but only peel them. Crusts should be finely chopped. In addition to getting rid of traces of fat in the room, it will smell like citruses.
How to remove pollution with citric acid
This method is not entirely safe - there is a risk of spoiling the microwave. You can not regularly use citric acid for the enameled internal surfaces of the device.
- Pour warm water (200-250 ml) into the dishes, add 1 sachet of citric acid (25 g).
- Place the plate in the oven, turn it on for 5-15 minutes (depending on the degree of contamination) at full capacity.
- After completing work, do not open the oven for 10 minutes, then wipe it with a clean, damp cloth.
Citric acid perfectly dissolves fat and carbon deposits, softens old impurities.
Other effective ways
Old forgotten laundry soap copes with numerous household pollution. For cleaning, it is good to soap a sponge or soft cloth, foam and evenly apply to the internal walls of the microwave oven. So leave the device for half an hour, and then carefully wipe the remnants of soap and food.
If the soap solution is not completely eliminated from the walls, an unpleasant odor of organic burning is possible when the microwave is turned on for the first time.
Another equally effective and simple method is the “steam room” with ordinary water. But it is suitable for mild pollution.
- Pour water (200 ml) into the dishes, place in the device.
- Turn on the stove at full power for 5–8 minutes. Leave the door closed for 20 minutes to soften the dirt, then wipe it with a damp sponge and a dry, clean cloth.
Such methods will allow you to quickly clean the microwave inside.
First, study the recommendations about how to use a microwave. And in order for the stove to stay clean longer and please the household, you need to follow some recommendations:
- use a special plastic cap - this will help protect the device’s camera from splashes and drops of fat from heated food;
- if there is no lid for the microwave, then cling film, parchment paper;
- it is advisable to wipe the inner walls every time after use;
- it is worth leaving the oven door open for a couple of minutes after work so that the smell of food disappears and the microwave is dry.
Following these simple tips, the microwave oven will shine much longer, the hostess will not have to wipe away the old droplets from fat.
Home Microwave Contamination Methods (video)
The video talks about simple and cheap methods to eliminate grease, soot and stains on the internal surfaces of a microwave oven.
Keeping the microwave in perfect cleanliness will help household products and home methods. Vinegar, citrus fruits, citric acid, laundry soap can cope with pollution no worse than expensive purchased sprays and gels. Regular care of a kitchen assistant will save time on her cleaning.
In contact with