Among modern oven cleaning methods a special position is occupied by the method of eliminating steam pollution - hydrolysis. What is she like? How to conduct it step by step in order to eliminate pollution, and what to do if after it remains of food are found on the walls? You will find answers to the questions below.
- The principle of hydrolysis treatment
- How to carry out hydrolysis cleaning of the oven?
- Hydrolysis Cleaning Features in New Ovens
- Advantages and disadvantages of hydrolysis cleaning
- Steam oven cleaning video
The principle of hydrolysis treatment
It’s not by chance that hydrolysis cleaning of the oven got its name, because it is based on the hydrolysis (decomposition) - a chemical reaction in which substances interact with water, break down and form new connections. So, the essence of cleaning is as follows:
- Water is poured into a special baking sheet of the oven, the door closes, and the appliance heats up to a temperature of 90 ° C.
- When the oven warms up, the water heats up and steam is released from it. It is he who will soften the dried spots of fat and other impurities.
- Marked fat drains to the bottom of the oven, and it must be manually removed after cooling the oven, which will take 30-40 minutes.
The internal surfaces of ovens with a steam cleaning method are coated with special enamel that is easy to clean, which is resistant to food acids. Such a protective coating is necessary so that particles of grease and other impurities do not penetrate into the oven.
When buying an oven, choose those models that have enamel that can prevent the accumulation of fat. In the future, this will greatly facilitate hydrolysis cleaning.
In the following video, you are invited to visually see how steam cleaning the oven works:
This function cannot be called automatic, because after it you still have to use a damp cloth. To cleanse does not take much time and effort, cleaning the oven should be carried out as often as possible, preferably after each cooking.
How to carry out hydrolysis cleaning of the oven?
Hydrolysis treatment is easy and does not require large energy costs, as in the case of pyrolytic treatment. The process of removing fat with it involves:
- Remove all baking sheets and guides from the oven.
- Pour water into a special recess at the bottom of the oven. If there is none, then you need to fill a shallow but wide container with liquid, and install it on the oven grate.
- Add a special gel to the water to enhance the cleaning effect. In most instructions, the water volume for each model is indicated. On average, up to 1.5 liters of fluid may be required.
- Enable cleaning mode. With it, the oven heats up to temperatures of 50-90 ° C. The choice of this value depends on the model and manufacturer of the oven. After setting a certain temperature, the water passes into a vaporous state and softens the pollution accumulated on the walls of the oven.
- To process internal surfaces of an oven with a napkin.
If the oven has not been cleaned for a long time, and the fat in it has solidified, without cleaning agent and sponges are indispensable.
Hydrolysis Cleaning Features in New Ovens
Many modern oven models have the Cleaning function, which requires cleaning using additional sprays that replace steam. In such a case, cleaning is carried out according to the following instructions:
- The oven heats up to 90 degrees.
- After 15 minutes (by clicking), the oven door opens. It is necessary to quickly treat the walls with an oven care spray and close the door.
- Traces of split fat, spray and liquid are cleared after the oven has completely cooled, which will take about 15 minutes.
Modern oven models also include the Aqua Clean function. Unlike the previous version, it works at a low temperature. So, for cleaning you need to fill the pan with 500 ml of water and select the cleaning mode. The oven will heat up to 50 degrees and will be cleaned within 30 minutes. At the end of this time, you can open the door and remove dirt.
There are also premium-class ovens with a hydrolysis program that activates cleaning, making it possible to choose a timer and intensity for it.
Advantages and disadvantages of hydrolysis cleaning
The main advantages of ovens with hydrolysis programs are as follows:
- With regular cleaning, it is quite easy to get rid of various contaminants.
- Hydrolysis saves energy and detergents.
- The Aqua Clean program works at low temperatures - it is enough to heat the oven to 50 ° C. Its duration is only half an hour.
- The Cleaning program allows you to deal with complex fresh spots through the use of a spray for creating steam, and cleaning takes 15 minutes and will be carried out at moderate temperatures - up to 90 ° C.
- The presence of hydrolysis functions does not affect the price of the oven.
The disadvantages of hydrolysis cleaning should be taken into account:
- Complex and old spots on the inner walls of the oven do not split under steam pressure, since they change their structure when dried. Therefore, to remove them, you will have to carry out hydrolysis cleaning several times. If even this does not help, you will have to use a metal sponge, but you need to act as carefully as possible, since enamel can be damaged.
- After cleaning, you will have to manually clean the split fat, and only after the oven has completely cooled.
- Before cleaning, you need to get the grilles, the enemy and the skewer, so they also have to be washed with your hands.
Based on the features, pros and cons of hydrolysis, it can be noted that this method is significantly simplifies cleaning, but is not fully automatic, and also does not cope with long-standing stained.
Steam oven cleaning video
The process of hydrolysis cleaning can be viewed on the video:
The hydrolysis method of cleaning ovens is inferior in effectiveness to other built-in cleanings, but in at the same time, it helps to get rid of fat faster if the hostess does not want to wipe them by yourself. It has been used for a long time, not only in ovens, but also in microwave ovens, by installing a small container of water on their bottom and withstanding high temperatures for several minutes.
In contact with