Today, digital television is the best in terms of quality. However, the digital format is not a guarantee of failure. An antenna for digital television broadcasting helps to avoid technical problems related to image quality. But first you need to figure out which antenna to choose for digital television.
Antennas for Digital Broadcasting - Classification
There are several criteria for classifying devices. All devices for digital television are presented in several categories:
- in accordance with the place of attachment;
- technical ability to amplify the signal;
- by the range of frequencies that the model can accept.
The device is located indoors. Using a room type model is possible provided that the TV receives a high-quality, good signal. The house should be in the immediate vicinity of the tower. There are few such places, because the signal is an obstacle to buildings, power lines and much more. Also ineffective indoor antenna in the country and in settlements remote from the city.
Two conditions necessary for the quality functioning of a room type device:
- the distance for the nearest television tower is not more than 20 km;
- low building density.
The statement that the indoor antenna can be installed in any room and the signal will be equally high-quality is erroneous. For each room, it is necessary to select a model individually.
They are considered universal and are used in any geographical points, including outside the city. The installation should be carried out by a specialist, since it is necessary to apply certain knowledge. Proper installation allows you to receive a reliable and high-quality signal regardless of the distance from the television tower and the presence of obstacles.
Before you buy an antenna, it is important to consider a few basic criteria:
- remoteness from a television tower;
- the presence of buildings in close proximity;
- degree of interference;
- where the windows go;
- number of floors;
- landscape features.
Technical ability to amplify the signal
Features of operational characteristics and design:
- enhances the television signal due to the technical design features of the device;
- work without a network connection;
- there are no active elements in the design that can amplify the signal - transistors or microcircuits;
- a passive device is not able to influence its signal;
- often the power of such a device is not enough for a good image.
Passive models are enough for rooms located in the immediate vicinity of the television towers, provided that there are no high-rise buildings around, and the device will be located at a height above ten meters.
Signal amplification occurs due to technical design features and with the help of a built-in amplifier, which is mounted inside the device or located separately. The equipment operates from the mains through the power supply.
High gain directional antennas.
It is recommended to install in the country, if the house is located far from the tower.
Sometimes the device creates interference and noise in the received signal. There may be several reasons:
- a digital signal antenna is used in the area of a stable digital signal
- the equipment is chosen incorrectly - do not choose a model with amplification that is more than necessary;
- poor quality product.
According to the received frequencies
They are used for broadcasting specific channels with a certain frequency, as a rule, the use of models of this type is not necessary for simple viewers.
Use where it is necessary to receive waves in a certain range. In particular, for broadcasting channels in digital format, a device that operates in the decimeter range is sufficient.
Catch channels in two ranges. Experts recommend choosing this type of device, because in Russia channels are broadcast in the meter and decimeter ranges.
Simple recommendations from professionals:
- Which TV is better to buy for an apartment? What are their differences and what to look for when buying?
- How to connect the antenna to the TV? Detailed instructions for different types of antennas.
- How to connect TV receiver via HDMI, USB, SCART and RCA.
Despite the huge number of numbers indicated in the product passport, for a simple consumer, only one parameter is important - the gain.
The units of performance are decibels, and the larger the number, the higher the antenna efficiency and the higher the device’s ability to amplify the signal. However, not in all cases, excessive effort will provide a high-quality picture. It is important that the gain of the device matches the installation location. If the product is of poor quality, it is likely that a non-existent coefficient will be indicated in the technical description.
All numbers above 45 dB must be carefully checked, and values from 80 to 120 dB are a clear hoax.
A few recommendations for choosing and connecting a device
Very often, buyers find it difficult to decide which antenna is better, given the huge variety of models and device selection criteria. Before buying, decide on such questions:
- for what purposes is the device purchased;
- in what area the antenna will operate.
Of course, it is important to correctly install the device, otherwise even a correctly selected device does not guarantee a good signal:
- the device should be directed strictly towards the television tower;
- for situations when the room faces the TV tower, a window antenna is sufficient, this device is attached to the window the frame and in its operational characteristics is in no way inferior to an outdoor device, although it is considered room a model;
- To ensure the good operation of several TVs in the house, you must buy an outdoor device with the best performance characteristics;
- Do not install the device in close proximity to objects and surfaces that are actively generate interference, for example, near a metal tile, power lines, other transmitting objects.
The first time you need to turn on the antenna without an amplifier, if the image is of poor quality, connect the amplifier. Numerous positive reviews of specialists and ordinary consumers confirm the effectiveness of outdoor models.
Which antenna to choose - model overview
The device is a room type with an amplifier. Captures the signal in two formats in the decimeter range. The gain is 28 dB. Cable for the device must be purchased separately.
Indoor antenna "Delta K 132 A"
The device is a room type with an amplifier. Power comes from the injector or directly from the set-top box. The gain varies from 20.5 to 25.0 dB. Dimensions of the device: length - 22 cm; width - 33.6 cm; height - 83 cm. Mass no more than 250 gr.
Antenna "Blackmor DVB-T2_711C"
Universal device that can be installed indoors and out. Suitable for receiving channels in two formats - digital and analog. The kit includes a special bracket for fixing the device, a power supply, cable and stand for installation on a horizontal surface. The gain depends on the number of received channels: from 6 to 12 channels - 30 dB; from 21 to 60 - 36 dB.
Small-sized model of the external type, which is attached to the wall or to the balcony grille. The device manufacturer is a trademark of DSR. The gain is 13.5 dB. Dimensions of the device: length - 60 cm; width - 30 cm; height - 20 cm. The mass of the product is 900 grams.
Small-sized device of the external type, which can be fixed to the wall or to the balcony frame. The manufacturer is the Fuba trademark. The gain varies from 5.8 to 7.2 dB. Dimensions of the device: length - 41 cm; width - 42 cm; height - 29 cm. Weight is approximately 450 grams.
The small-sized device of the external type is fixed to the window or balcony grill, you can also fix the device to the wall. The manufacturer is the Fuba trademark. The gain is between 10 and 12 dB. Dimensions of the device: length - 60 cm; width - 42 cm; height - 36 cm. The antenna weighs a little more than one kilogram.
All the presented models of outdoor devices can be equipped with an additional amplifier, choosing the appropriate gain.
Antenna Video Tips
After watching the video, you can familiarize yourself with the main types of television antennas for digital television in more detail, as well as receive recommendations on setting up equipment.
When choosing an antenna, do not purchase too expensive models. It is better to dwell on outdoor models with average indicators, which will be quite enough to view the transmitted channels.
In contact with