As a result of the operation of the oven, residues of fat, dirt and soot accumulate in it. This starts to burn intensely and smoke every time you turn it on. Then comes the moment of cleaning the oven with folk remedies or household cleaning products.
- Manual oven cleaning
- How to remove the smell from the oven?
- Self-cleaning ovens
- Pollution prevention
Manual oven cleaning
In inexpensive ovens, self-cleaning functions are not provided, so mistresses have to wash the oven manually using household chemicals or folk remedies that are at hand.
When there are no necessary purchased cleaning products, folk recipes that are in no way inferior to factory chemistry come to the rescue.
Salt. Contaminated places of the oven must be “cool” sprinkled with edible salt and heated to medium temperature. When the salt darkens to brown, turn off the oven. Then the oven needs to be cooled, washed with an ordinary kitchen sponge and dried.
Salt with carbonic acid. In the prepared "brine" (1 kg of salt per 0.5 l of water) you need to add 15-20 g of carbonic acid. Place the solution below the oven in the open state. Then preheat the oven to 150 ° C and soak for 30 minutes. After cooling, rinse with water the solid residue of soot and fat.
Salt with soda. Cooked thick paste, consisting of 100 g of salt, 300 g of soda, 50 g of gel for washing dishes and water, rub all surfaces of the oven. "Soaking" lasts 10-12 hours. Then the product is washed off with water, wiped and dried. This tool is well established for cleaning the oven immediately after use.
Baking powder for the dough. Dough baking powder is used to clean the ovens of accumulated fatty contaminants. Oven working walls are sprinkled with them, after having thoroughly moistened them. In this condition, the oven can withstand 2 hours. All fat is collected in lump balls. After removing them, the oven must be washed and dried.
Laundry soap. 100 g of soap grated on a fine grater are dissolved in 200 g of “boiling” boiling water. The resulting solution in an open container is placed in the oven. It should boil for 30-40 minutes at a set temperature of 110-125 ° C. In a cooled oven, clean water and a kitchen sponge wash off lagging dirt, and detergents can be added to the water. Then the oven is wiped and dried at room temperature.
Water bath". The easiest way if the oven is enameled. Pour clean water into a baking sheet or other open top container. In case of severe old dirt, detergent for dishes is added. Stand for about an hour at a temperature in the oven 100-110 ° C. After the oven cools down, the surfaces are wiped with a damp cloth, rinsed and dried at normal room temperature. The steamed contaminants are removed quickly and effortlessly.
Ammonia. You can use it in 2 ways to clean the oven:
- Using a household spray, the walls of the oven are moistened with ammonia. After an hour, repeat the procedure. An oven with a tightly closed door is left until morning. After thorough ventilation, decomposed fat is removed in the morning with a kitchen sponge dipped in a solution of water with a dishwashing detergent.
- In the oven, heated to 60-70 ° C, put two containers. Below - 200-300 g of "boiling" boiling water, above - 150-200 g of ammonia. With the cabinet door tightly closed, not including the oven, leave it overnight. In the morning, mix the cooled water with ammonia, add a few drops of dishwashing gel and remove any residual dirt. After airing and drying, the oven is ready for new use.
If you inhale ammonia vapor, you can get poisoning, so it is recommended that you clean the oven with a mask.
The presented video shows two alternative methods for cleaning greasy contaminants in the oven: using a baking powder and ammonia vapor.
Vinegar. The inside walls of the oven are moistened with vinegar with a household spray. The oven with a tightly closed door is kept for 2 hours. Leftover impurities are washed off with clean water, the oven is ventilated and dried.
Soda with vinegar. Spray vinegar over the entire surface inside the oven, sprinkled with plenty of baking soda. Hydrogen obtained from the reaction of vinegar and soda destroys fat deposits. At the end of the reaction, using a kitchen sponge and soda as an abrasive material, remove residual fat and dirt. Then the oven is thoroughly washed and dried with the door open.
Vinegar, soda and citric acid. Equal proportions of vinegar, soda and citric acid are mixed. This gruel is rubbed on all the internal surfaces of the oven, preheated for 20-25 minutes at a temperature of 50 ° C. After the oven cools down, the pasty mixture is washed off with fatty deposits.
Vinegar, soda and soap. In 50 g of “boiling” boiling water, 25 g of laundry soap is diluted. 40 g of baking soda and 100 g of vinegar are added to the finished warm solution. With the prepared solution, all contaminated surfaces inside the oven are rubbed. With this mixture you can grate a baking sheet and leave in the oven. The oven is kept in this condition for 3 hours with the door tightly closed. All impurities are washed off with clean water, and the oven is dried.
Lemon juice. There are 2 ways to clean the oven with it:
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice is mixed with water in equal proportions. With this liquid, we smear all the problem areas in the oven. We stand for 15-20 minutes and rinse with water. This method can be applied after each preparation.
- In an open container, you should take 200-250 g of water, cut two medium lemons into slices and add 50 g of detergent for dishes. The prepared mixture must be heated to 100-110 ° C in the oven and maintained in this mode for 35-40 minutes. All dirt is washed off with warm water and a hard sponge.
Soda. The sprayer should moisten all surfaces of the oven, grill, baking sheet. Collect soda on a damp cloth and wipe and rinse all surfaces with water.
This method must be approached carefully, since soda plays the role of abrasive material and can damage the walls of the oven.
The above examples of folk remedies for removing carbon deposits and fat in the oven require moderate costs and some amount of time. But when the oven needs to be washed urgently, household chemicals provide significant assistance for cleaning ovens.
On sale is a wide range of products that can easily relieve the oven of contaminants without harming the surfaces:
- gels and sprays Sanita Anti-Fat;
- liquid Greenclean;
- gel Amway;
- spray can Mister Muscle;
- liquid Shumanit;
- gel Frosch;
- liquid Shumovig.
Without rubber gloves, work to remove residual grease and carbon deposits in the oven is not recommended!
The presented video shows the principle and procedure for cleaning the oven from greasy contaminants using Amway.
This is an incomplete list of oven cleaners, there are so many of them, and it is simply impossible to list everything.
When using any factory household chemicals for cleaning ovens, it is recommended to strictly adhere to the rules of use and personal safety equipment:
- the room in which the cleaning is carried out must be well ventilated during operation;
- no children should be in the room during cleaning;
- carry out all work using household chemicals with gloves on;
- not to allow hit of means on heating elements, and in case of hit - to wipe and wash immediately;
- do not allow chemicals to reach open areas of the body, eyes.
If a cleaning agent gets on your skin or eyes, rinse it off immediately with running water and seek medical advice.
You can find out what else means for cleaning the oven. here.
How to remove the smell from the oven?
The aroma of freshly baked pastries or baked poultry is incomparable with the unpleasant odor coming from an uncleaned oven. Every housewife has such a problem periodically, so you need to know what to do in such cases.
To remove the factory odor, the internal surface is cleaned with a soft kitchen sponge dipped in an aqueous solution of any dishwashing detergent. Then wipe several panels with a clean, damp sponge. After the oven dries, it warms up to the main operating temperature. If necessary, the procedure is repeated using lemon rinse juice.
It is more difficult to remove the odor acquired during operation. It indicates not timely cleaning of the oven. Against this smell helps complete cleaning of the oven in one of the above ways.
If after drying and airing the smell in the oven remains, it is necessary to boil water in it with fresh lemon, tangerine or orange peels. They cannot be removed until the oven has completely cooled. After this, it is necessary to repeat the cleaning of the oven, and the smell will disappear.
The video presented describes how to get rid of the smell in the oven using citrus peels.
Read also: How to clean your microwave inside of grease.
Oven, like any other household appliances in the kitchen, requires regular maintenance and periodic cleaning. Expensive ovens are equipped with a self-cleaning function, which can be of several types:
- Pyrolysis. This is cleaning the oven at high temperatures. All residues of fat and food burn out in ashes. This method is recognized as the most effective and complete.
Oven pyrolytic cleaning system subdivided into two stages. The first uses a temperature of up to + 300 ° C. Some types of fats and food residues turn to ash at this temperature. At the second stage - up to + 500 ° С. The oven is completely cleaned.
After the end of the process, the oven is wet-cleaned to clean it of ash.
- Catalytic purification. This is a coating of the internal working surfaces of the oven with a special enamel composition. When fat enters such a surface, it decomposes into water, carbon and organic residues. More about this type of cleaning - read here.
In the cleaning process, lower temperature conditions are used than during pyrolysis, up to + 200 ° C, and the decomposition of fat and food residues occurs during cooking. Contaminants turn into ashes and are easily wiped off after cooking.
- EcoClean coating. Refers to low temperature cleaning systems. The bottom line is that on the back wall of the oven industrial coating is applied in the form of microscopic ceramic balls. Ovens with such a coating cleanse themselves throughout the entire cooking cycle, while absorbing the smells of cooked dishes. Enamel of such a coating performs its functions for at least 10 years.
You will find out what kind of oven cleaning is here: https://sovetexpert.ru/kakaja-ochistka-duhovki-luchshe.html.
Lean attitude to the oven exactly corresponds to the popular saying: "Sow an act, reap a habit." Regular care, strict adherence to the rules of operation of the ovens is the key to the durability and smooth operation of the oven. Well-known rules must be followed:
- When cooking, use food foil to the maximum to prevent splattering of fats.
- After each use it is necessary: to remove the remains of the cooked dish, wipe the splashes of fat. Do the same with the baking sheet.
- All work must be done in a warm oven.
- Do not use sandpaper, wire brush or washcloth when cleaning the oven.
- Do not use aggressive cleaning products to remove carbon deposits and stiffened fat.
- Clean the oven at least once every six months.
- Before using cleaning household chemicals, carefully read the instructions and strictly follow the recommendations.
There are many ways to clean the ovens, including simple methods from the components that are in the kitchen. Each hostess chooses the most convenient way for her. It is important to remember that timely cleaning of the oven is the quality of cooking and long-term trouble-free operation.
In contact with