It is impossible to imagine life in the kitchen without such an essential device as a stove. Considering the fact that it is used several times every day, it is polluted often and quickly. So that the stove does not lose its initial appearance, you need to know how to wash it from carbon deposits and grease.
- How to wash a gas stove?
- How to wash the gas stove grill?
- How and how to wash a glass ceramic plate
- Video: Cleaning the stove with folk remedies
How to wash a gas stove?
If carbon deposits and grease can no longer be washed during normal preventive cleaning, special cleaning can be carried out in order to effectively eliminate grease and deposits. In this case, you can use tools such as:
- baking soda;
- dishwashing detergent;
- a cleaning agent (e.g. Selena).
Having chosen a suitable product, you need to clean according to the following instructions:
- Remove all burners.
- Pour the surface of the gas stove abundantly and leave everything in this form for 15 minutes. Particular care must be taken to ensure that the product reaches the areas where the burners were located.
- Rinse a sponge or rag in water, and use it to remove detergent from the surface of the stove.
- If after this the carbon particles remain on the stove, then they need to be treated with moistened soda, or use a cleaning agent for these purposes.
- At the end, the stove must be wiped with a dry and clean cloth so that there are no stains on the surface of the used products.
It also happens that the burners themselves need cleaning. To clean them, immerse them in soapy water for 15 minutes, then rinse with a sponge, rinse with water and dry using a paper towel.
See the instructions for cleaning a gas stove with 9% vinegar and soda in the following video:
When cleaning a gas stove from soot and grease, you can not use metal scrapers, hard sponges! Firstly, it will not bring the desired result, and secondly, it will scratch the surface of the plate, worsening its presentation.
How to wash the gas stove grill?
When cleaning the grate of a gas stove, you will have to tinker with it if carbon deposits and grease form on it. But before proceeding with cleaning, it should be established what material the grate is made of, because this will determine how to wash it:
Cleaning cast iron grates
Cast iron grates are the most difficult to clean due to the fact that they must be calcined. Without this procedure, to eliminate carbon deposits and fat is unlikely to succeed. There are three ways to ignite the grill:
- keep on low heat over a gas stove;
- use a blowtorch;
- ignite over a bonfire in a private area.
After calcination, the grate is easily cleaned in a soapy solution. In no case should you tear off soot and grease with a knife or other sharp objects, as there is a possibility of damaging the material, and then the product’s useful life will be reduced.
There is a method of cleaning with soda paste, which you will learn about from the video:
Enamelled metal cleaning
Since these grilles have a smooth surface, cleaning them is not difficult, and you can use one of the following methods:
- load the wire rack into the dishwasher;
- soak the grate in soapy water, then remove dirt with a soft sponge and soda.
Steel grill cleaning
It is easiest to wash such grates using a dishwashing detergent:
- The grate should be soaked in soapy water. In order for the plate element to be completely immersed in water, it is best to do this in the bath.
- The floor must be covered with a dense oilcloth on which the grill is laid out and is abundantly treated with dishwashing detergent.
- In this form, the lattice should lie overnight.
- In the morning, the grate should be rinsed with water to remove any residual detergent and dirt.
Read in our next article: how to clean the handles near the stove.
Video: 5 recipes for cleaning the grill
A special video talks about 5 effective ways to clean the grill from a gas stove. In addition, in the video you can see step by step how to deal with pollution:
How and how to wash a glass ceramic plate
Glass ceramic is a reliable and practical material, but it is extremely sensitive and fragile. Therefore, when cleaning, it is worth observing the following recommendations:
- Do not take up cleaning the surface of the stove before it has cooled down. Firstly, you can get burns, and secondly, by such actions you can contribute to the formation of cracks on glass ceramics.
- When washing such plates, do not use abrasive products, as they scratch the surface of the plate.
- When choosing a cleaning agent, you need to pay attention to the inscription "For glass ceramics" on it. And if there is no time to look for such a tool, you can use a dishwashing detergent or soda.
- If you need to deal with light stains in the form of coffee, a spray of oil or stewed fruit, you can use soda and a scraper.
- Special chemicals for glass ceramics are selected against complex stains in the form of “runaway” milk. In this case, trying to use something else is a waste of time and effort.
- If sugar stains have formed on the stove, then they must be dissolved in water before cleaning. Water in this situation even copes with the thickest layer of caramel.
If carbon deposits are particularly resistant, then they can be cleaned using a special scraper for glass-ceramic plates:
- The stove must be disconnected from the power supply.
- Check if it has completely cooled down.
- Apply detergent to the surface of the stove.
- Walk with a scraper and a sponge dipped in warm water.
- Dry the surface of the stove.
If you use soda to wash glass ceramics, it is best to dilute it with water, since it will have a more gentle effect on the surface of the stove. Despite the fact that soda is similar to powder in consistency, it is not able to scratch the surface of glass ceramics. It is best to leave the soda diluted in water on the stove for 10-20 minutes, and then remove it with a damp sponge.
Melamine Sponge Against Fat
Many people underestimate the power of this sponge, but it sometimes copes with fat even better than detergents. This sponge is very simple to use:
- It should be soaked under cold water, squeezed.
- Start rubbing the surface of the plate.
These sponges literally like an eraser erase all dirt from glass ceramics.
In the case of a glass-ceramic hob, it should be remembered that it will be easier to clean it if it is done immediately after the plate has cooled completely to avoid burns. The “fresh” the stain, the easier it is to cope with it.
Video: Cleaning the stove with folk remedies
In order for the stove to remain clean and always look like “brand new”, folk remedies can also be used. In many cases, it is even more effective, not to mention that it is more economical and safer than chemistry. What exactly can be used for these purposes and how to do this can be seen in the video clip.
The method of cleaning the stove and the means for these purposes are always selected depending on what material the stove is made of. Only in this way can you ensure cleanliness in the kitchen, as well as get a guarantee that the stove will work properly. It is best to take care of the stove regularly, then there will be no difficulties in cleaning it.
In contact with