Cooking is always accompanied by residual aromas: for example, something is burnt or has a specific smell (for example, fish and other seafood). Smells can accumulate, infuse, and eventually microwave filled with unpleasant aromas, which should be disposed of.
- The smell of burning in the microwave. How to be
- In the microwave, the smell of fish and other products. How to get rid of bad smell?
- How to prevent unwanted odors. Recommendations and Tips
The smell of burning in the microwave. How to be
If you feel the spirit of burned, immediately turn off the microwave oven and well ventilate the room by turning on the ventilation and opening the windows. To remove the smell of burning from the microwave, you must first carry out several procedures.
First need Rinse the microwave oven chamber thoroughly.
To do this, you must:
- Household sponge
How to clean the microwave:
- We dilute the detergent for dishes in the proportions indicated in the instructions in calculating the volume per half liter of water.
- We install a deep cup with diluted means in the microwave, turn on the device at maximum power for a period of up to 3 minutes. The liquid evaporates and settles on the walls during condensation inside the chamber, while all burnt pieces of food on the inside of the oven soften and exfoliate.
- A household sponge flushes the microwave chamber.
- We dry the chamber by carefully wiping the walls of the chamber with a clean and dry rag.
- We wash and dry the disk for rotation separately.
If the burning smell after such a procedure has not been eliminated, then it is necessary to treat the internal walls of the furnace with improvised means that eliminate the unpleasant odor.
In order to remove the smell of burning, it is recommended to treat with a solution of coffee. The pleasant aroma of coffee is most harmonious to eliminate the smell of burnt. An ideal option for the procedure is prepared natural coffee. Instant coffee is also suitable, but the effect will be much lower.
More about other microwave cleaning rules - read here.
How to get rid of the smell of burning in the microwave with a coffee solution:
- We prepare a thick solution of coffee (without sugar!), With a volume of 200 milliliters of water.
- Wipe the inside of the oven two to three times with a solution of coffee.
- Leave in processed condition for up to 3 hours.
- We wash off the coffee particles from the walls and dry with a clean and dry rag.
The aroma of coffee can reliably remove unpleasant odors in the microwave.
In the microwave, the smell of fish and other products. How to get rid of bad smell?
Unfortunately, fish products have one peculiarity - after cooking, the fish spirit remains, which over time acquires an unpleasant hue. To save the microwave from the smells of fish and seafood will help acidic solutions: acetic or citric acid. Using these products to remove unpleasant odors from the chamber is simple, but effective.
We will analyze how to get rid of the smell in the microwave with acetic acid:
- We make up a solution of acetic acid in the following proportion: dissolve one tablespoon of 70% vinegar in 250 milliliters of water.
- Thoroughly rinse the inner walls of the furnace chamber with the prepared solution.
- Leave to process for 10 minutes. During this period, the solution breaks down food enzymes and kills harmful bacteria, which cause unpleasant odors and rancidity.
- After this procedure, the oven walls are washed with cold water and dried with a clean, dry piece of material.
How to get rid of the smell in the microwave with citric acid.
Citric acid for odor removal can be used in two different ways.
One of the options is not much different from the odor removal procedure, as was shown in the example with acetic acid:
- A solution is prepared from citric acid powder and water.
- We rinse the inner surface of the chamber with the prepared solution.
- Leave for 10 minutes.
- We rinse the camera with cool water and dry with a rag.
The second option uses fresh lemon juice for an acid solution. This option is shown in the footage.
The advantage of this method is that not only the question “how to clean the microwave” is solved, but the camera is filled with the aroma of fresh lemon, effectively absorbing the smells of seafood.
How to remove the smell in the microwave with fresh lemon:
- 200 milliliters of water is poured into a deep cup.
- The juice of one or two lemons is squeezed into the poured water. By the way, squeezed lemon can also be put in water, then essential oils will participate in the cleaning process, and the lemon flavor will be more pronounced and pleasant.
- A cup of dissolved lemon juice is placed in the oven chamber. Heating is set to maximum, and the duration mode is one to two minutes.
- We rinse the walls of the chamber with cold water, and then dry with a dry and clean rag.
In addition to the smells of fish and burnt, the microwave chamber can be filled with other, albeit not so intense, but also unpleasant odors. Below are some quick ways to eliminate such odors.
Useful tips on how to remove odors in the microwave
- If a out of the furnace chamber pulls musty, then a simple toothpaste will be a simple means for removing odor. The paste for the procedure has all the necessary components: “soft” abrasive substances and a harmless fragrance. Lightly moisten the walls of the chamber with a rag, and then, using a paste and an unnecessary toothbrush, we clean the inaccessible places of the chamber: seams, corners, etc.
Then wash the chamber and dry with a clean rag.
- It smells sour How to eliminate the smell from the microwave chamber? Eliminate “acidic” odors will help an alkaline soda solution. We carefully wash the internal walls of the furnace with a concentrated solution, and then wash off the solution with warm, clean water. The procedure is completed by drying with a clean rag.
- There are aromas of fatty dishes, how to remove the smell from the microwave? Conventional detergents can easily cope with such problems. The alkaline composition of the funds effectively eliminates traces and odors of fats. Dry the walls after rinsing the chamber.
The question “how to remove odor from the microwave” will arise less frequently if preventive measures are taken.
How to prevent unwanted odors. Recommendations and Tips
- The first and simplest rule: Before heating or cooking, cover the dish with a lid.
- After cooking or heating food, do not rush to slam the oven door; let the chamber air for several minutes.
- Sew a linen bag the size of a tobacco pouch. Fill this pouch with charcoal, rice or salt. If you leave such a bag in the microwave for the night, then coal, rice or salt will have time to absorb residual odors.
- At least once a month, the microwave requires thorough cleaning and washing. To do this, one of the methods described above is suitable. Do not forget to wash the pouch at the same time to eliminate odors, and fill its contents with fresh salt or charcoal.
Preventive measures to clean the microwave, as well as the skills to remove a wide variety of odors, will help you to extend its excellent service life.
Recommended reading: what to do if the dish in the microwave stops spinning.
In contact with