There are several proven ways to choose a mini oven. The main indicators are power, volume, internal coating material, basic operating modes. These and other criteria are discussed in detail in the article.
The content of the article
- Volume and power
- Operating modes
- Control type
- Coating material
- Additional options
Volume and power
First of all, you should pay attention to power and volume. Standard models are characterized by the following indicators:
- power 0.5-1 kW;
- volume 3-12 l.
They are suitable for those cases when they cook little, for example, they make only sandwiches and 1-2 servings of dishes. This is enough for a small family of 2 people.
But if there are 3-4 people or more in the family, it is useful to figure out how to choose the right mini-electric oven. It should have other parameters:
- volume of at least 30 l (may be up to 70 l);
- power indicator ranging from 2.5 to 4 kW.
In such ovens, you can cook dishes for several people at the same time, and not even one, but 2-3. For example, meat, poultry or fish are placed on the lower baking sheet. From above, you can simultaneously make a pie or pizza.
Another way to choose a mini oven for your home is to study the description of a particular model. It has 1 or 2 heating elements, often there is a fan, which provides an increased flow of hot air. All this allows you to cook food in the following modes:
- Bottom heat is the same as delicate frying. Suitable for baking, cooking any parts of the chicken.
- Heating only from above (convection) - for a good crisp on top. In this mode, they work in order to make pizza, toast and other dough products. Also ideal for grilling.
- Simultaneous heating in the lower and upper parts - usually used in the preparation of meat, poultry, fish. Can also be used for vegetables.
There are also additional options:
- Cooking toast on one or 2 sides.
- Quick or regular warm up.
- Roasting mode.
One of the indicators that allows you to understand how to choose the right mini-oven is the type of control. It can be electronic or mechanical. In the latter case, the temperature and cooking time are adjusted by turning a special lever.
Electronic ovens are more expensive, and they have several programs for the automatic preparation of a particular dish. They regulate the degree of heating, as well as the time. You can control using the buttons on the touch screen.
You also need to figure out which is the best internal coating of the mini-oven. Today the following materials are used:
- heat-resistant enamel;
- different types of steel (stainless, galvanized, heat-resistant).
The most reliable in terms of durability is stainless steel. It can withstand any cooking temperature well, resistant to various cleaning agents. But on the other hand, cloudy spots often appear on it, which are associated with the absorption of fat.
Heat-resistant enamel is deprived of these shortcomings. It is much easier to clean, and the appearance can be maintained for a long period. But on the other hand, the material is quite fragile. Therefore, you need to handle it carefully.
Many devices have convenient additional options and devices, for example:
- built-in thermostat - it allows you to adjust the temperature during cooking;
- timer with shutdown and sound signal;
- self-cleaning - using steam or high temperature;
- automatic shutdown during idle time;
- removable top cover - if you remove it, you get a small home barbecue.
It is not difficult to figure out how to choose a mini-oven for baking. First you need to understand what volumes and power are suitable, how many dishes are supposed to be cooked. It is recommended to consider branded models from trusted manufacturers. It is also worth studying customer reviews to evaluate the reliability of the device and its features.