The instruction on how to insert the mixer into the drill depends on the type of chuck. In some cases, you will need a key, in others, the nozzle is fixed manually. Moreover, when buying a device, you need to make sure that it exactly matches the connector. You should also pay attention to other parameters described in this material.
The content of the article
- Cartridge device
- Step by step installation instructions
- Mixer Selection Criteria
To properly understand how to insert a nozzle in the form of a mixer, you need to understand how the cartridge works on a particular model. You should also familiarize yourself with their types. The jaw chuck consists of a base, movable jaws and an adjusting sleeve. The elements are screwed with a nut through a bearing with a washer, as shown in the diagram.
There are 2 types of chucks:
- Quick release.
In the latter case, a key is required for installation. It is inserted into the hole and scrolled clockwise. Thanks to this, the mixer, like any other nozzle, is securely fixed in the desired position.
As for the quick-clamping mechanism, it is further divided into 2 types:
- single sleeve;
As the name suggests, they consist respectively of 1 or 2 sleeves. In the first case, the cartridge must simply be clamped with one hand. The replacement is quick and without keys, but the nozzle is not fixed as tightly as in the key node.
In the second case, one clutch must also be clamped. The other hand turns the other. This makes installation very easy and takes only a few seconds. At the same time, in all variants, the mixer is fixed strictly vertically - otherwise, both the nozzle and the device itself can be damaged during operation.
Step by step installation instructions
The installation process itself is quite simple - you need to act like this:
- Make sure the appliance is unplugged from the outlet.
- Consider the cartridge, understand how it works.
- In the case of the key type, insert the key and turn clockwise.
- If the chuck is a keyless chuck, change it manually.
- After installation, check how securely the mixer stands, if there are any vibrations.
- Test work.
Mixer Selection Criteria
Another important question is how to choose a nozzle for a mixer drill. On the one hand, this is not difficult, but in practice some difficulties may arise. To avoid them, you should study the technical specifications. One of the main ones is the type of shank, it can be:
- in the form of a cylinder;
For the right choice, you need to look at which connector the drill is equipped with. Usually a cylindrical shank is used, sometimes 6-sided. Other types are suitable for perforators. If there is no certainty, you can simply take the tool with you and decide on the spot.
Other characteristics should also be taken into account:
- basket parameters (diameter, height) - they should be maximum if a large batch volume is planned;
- nozzle length - in the range of 40-60 cm, chosen depending on the height of the container;
- value for money - preference should be given to branded products; this is especially important if batches are planned to be carried out frequently.
Thus, it is not so difficult to purchase and install the nozzle. The main condition is to take into account the type and dimensions of the whisk. Mount it with or without a key (for a keyless chuck).