- 10 effective and budgetary funds for removing stains
- 5 ways to whiten kitchen towels
- The tricks of storage and use
Kitchen towels are things of prime necessity, which must always be at hand and in sight. Therefore, they must be beautiful and clean. Let's find out by what means it is possible to wash even the oldest dirty towels to the ideal state.
10 effective and budgetary funds for removing stains
Dirty towels at home are easiest to wash in a washing machine, and resort to special methods and means only once a month, otherwise the fabric will quickly wear out.
To get rid of fat and persistent stains you will be helped by completely ordinary means, such as:
Suitable for:removing stains from coffee or tomatoes on white and colored fabric.
Recipe:make a solution in the basin at the rate of 5 liters of water - 5 tbsp. spoons of salt, and then soak the kitchen accessories and leave them for 1 hour. Then we wash it by hand or in a typewriter..
And also suitable for:removing stains from red wine on white and colored fabrics.
Recipe:we make a very "steep" saline solution, soak and wash the tissue in it.
- Laundry soap.
Suitable for:removal of different spots, including fat on colored and light fabric.
Recipe:All the dirty napkins should be bruised with household soap and covered in a bag for the night. After that you need to wash and rinse the products well.
- Washing powder + stain remover + vegetable oil.
Washing of kitchen towels by this method almost always copes with the oldest pollution. In a large 10-liter saucepan, bring 5-7 liters of water to a boil, and then turn off the heat. Then add 2 tbsp. l. washing powder (better "Automatic as it is less foaming), 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, 2 tbsp. l of any stain remover or bleach and mix the solution. Then put the textile in the pan, stir a little more and wait until the water cools down. Then remove the towels and, without squeezing the water, shove them into the washing machine. The oil will cause all the dirt on the textile to soften and move away from the fabric more easily. It is necessary to cover the container and wait for the water to cool down, after which thoroughly rinse the products. In addition, boil and wash the towels in this case is not necessary - the oil will not remain on the fabric.
Suitable for:removing stains from fruit.
Recipe:We pour the shampoo on the stain, stand it, and then wash it.
- Ammonia alcohol + glycerol.
Suitable for:removing stains from tea and coffee.
Recipe 1:it is necessary to soak dirty kitchen textiles in a solution of ammonia and water in the proportion: for 1 hour, and then stretch.
Recipe 2:stains from tea can be washed with a mixture of ammonia and glycerin in the ratio:.
- Silicate glue.
Suitable for:excretion of different spots, but only on white tissue.
Recipe:The solution is prepared from a bar of soap and a spoon of silicate glue. In this mixture, you need to boil the textile for about half an hour.
- Dishwashing liquid.
Suitable for:removal of oily stains on colored and white tissue.
Recipe:Dishwashing liquid is applied to greasy stains and textiles are left for a day, then towels need to be ripped and rinsed.
Suitable for:getting rid of mold.
Recipe:it is necessary to soak the product in vinegar solution 5-9% (if necessary, dilute 70% essence) for 5-10 minutes, and then thoroughly rinse.
- Lemon acid.
Suitable for:removing stains from beets and tomatoes.
Recipe:first under a stream of hot water we stretch the towel with laundry soap, squeeze it out a little, and then pour on the stains of citric acid and leave for 5 minutes. Then just rinse.
And also suitable for:removal of chronic spots of different origin.
Recipe:Wipe the citric acid with all the dirt, leave the towel for an hour, and then caress.
- Hydrogen peroxide.
Suitable for:removal of chronic spots of different origin.
Recipe:soak dirty places in the solution, leave for 30 minutes, and then wash it in the usual way.
See also: How to clean the iron inside and out - 10 home methods.
5 ways to whiten kitchen towels
So, with the removal of stains and washing washed out. And how to whiten kitchen towels, if they have lost their fresh look? Return the whiteness of grayed and yellowed kitchen towels with boiling and without it.
Here are 5 effective and simple ways:
- Whitening without boiling with mustard.
This method disinfects and bleaches. To do this, dry mustard powder diluted in hot water to a thick slurry, after which the mixture is applied to wet towels and aged for 6-8 hours, and then erased.
- Whitening without boiling with the help of potassium permanganate.
This is a very effective method, which almost always works. On the basin of boiling water you need about 200 g of washing powder and a little bit of potassium permanganate (water should be only slightly pink). Pretend washed items in the solution, cover it with a film and wait until the water is completely cool. And then rinse the towels well.
- Whitening without boiling with boric acid.
This method is suitable for dense, waffle or terry towels. In a basin with hot water, add 2 tablespoons of boric acid, then soak in the resulting solution dirty towels for 2 hours, and then wash them as usual.
- Whitening with boiling, soda and laundry soap 72%.
With the help of soda and boiling, you can whiten the laundry and remove the stains absolutely safely for you and as sparing as possible for the fabric. To do this, approximately 50 gr. soda ash should be mixed with grated household soap (72%), and in this mixture boil the textile 1 hour.
- Express washing and whitening without boiling.
Very quickly and literally in front of you remove stains and greyness some bleach and stain remover. For example, to manually wash 1-2 towels, you can use a very effective "Universal Bleach for All Types of Cloth" from Amway. Usually it is added when washing in a washing machine, but kitchen towels with complex soiling are best washed by hand.
We offer here such an express method of washing kitchen towels: 1 liter of boiling water poured into a regular basin, we put all kitchen accessories there, then fall asleep 1 st. l Amway powder and stir our solution with a spoon. Water immediately begins to hiss and foam. Then you can leave the napkins soaked until the water cools down completely, and after a few minutes, add cold water and begin to wash directly in this solution. To wash more difficult contaminants, you need to increase the soaking time or even boil the towels.
Tip:when washing kitchen towels you can do without an air conditioner by simply adding a mixture of baking soda and a suitable essential oil to the water. So your kitchen textiles will please not only pristine freshness, but also a pleasant aroma.
The tricks of storage and use
- To wipe your hands in the process of cooking, towels made of mottled or dark fabric are more suitable, since fat and other contaminants are less noticeable on them. And, of course, try to wash your fat hands whenever possible, and do not wipe them off about the towel. An alternative is paper napkins.
- Washing the kitchen towels will not be your headache if there are a lot of them in the kitchen and you will change them often. Ideally, you should have a towel to cover the baking, to wipe clean hands after washing dishes, for wiping hands during cooking, for wiping vegetables and fruits, for use as stitches, etc.
- Terry towels are not the best choice for the kitchen, as this fabric easily absorbs the dirt and quickly loses its neatness.
- To ensure that towels with non-washable stains that you use during the day do not spoil the appearance of the kitchen, just throw them in a pretty basket (not too high and not too low). For example, a rattan wicker basket is suitable as in the photo on the right. Well, clean towels can be stored and in sight.
- . How to wash the kitchen from grease and dirt - 11 recipes for different surfaces.
- . 7 ways to clean the frying pans from soot, grease and rust.
- . 6 ways to clean a burnt or old saucepan.
- . How to clean the kettle from scale - 6 home remedies.
- . We clean the hood from fat - quickly, simply, effectively.
- . How to get rid of bugs in the kitchen?
- . 8 ways to clean pipes from obstructions.