Dolma is a wonderful dish for those who are indifferent to cabbage and classic cabbage rolls. Today I want to tell you how to cook grape leaves for dolma and prepare them for the winter.
We keep grape leaves for a long time
Method 1. Frost
The easiest way is to freeze. How complicated is it? Let's get a look:
Preparation of grape leaves for the winter for dolma begins with the correct assembly.
The leaves are cut without cuttings and thoroughly wiped with a damp cloth.
8–10 pieces are stacked and twisted tightly into a tube.
So that your “rolls” do not unfold, fix them with cling film.
Put the prepared tubes in a plastic bag and send them to the freezer.
Before direct preparation, the leaves are dipped in boiling water and dried.
Method 2 Pickling
Leaves can not only freeze or marinate, but also pickle:
|A photo||Ways to salting grape leaves|
Method 3 Pickling
Now let's see how to pickle grape leaves. This recipe is actively used by me, first of all, due to the fact that the “coat” for dolma due to marinade acquires an interesting taste and aroma.
|A photo||Stage, instructions and recommendations for making their own hands|
At this stage, the collected leaves are washed, dried, folded in small stacks and twisted into a tube.
Layout in banks
Harvested tubules tightly fit into sterilized containers and poured boiling water.
After 5 minutes the water is drained.
To get 1 liter marin connect 2.5 Art. spoons of vinegar, sugar and salt (1 tbsp. spoon). Marinade boil until dissolved.
Pour hot marinade in jars and close the lids.
If you have prepared very small leaves that do not want to curl into a tube, fix them with cotton thread or a wooden toothpick.
Method 4. In tomato juice
If ideas on how to pickle grape leaves for dolma seem too simple to you, move on to more complicated ones.
We will need:
- tomato juice (on the basis that it will fill a third of the can);
- onions - 1 pc.
- Fresh torn leaves without cuttings are placed in cold water for 40–50 minutes.
- Fold in stacks of 10 pieces and twist.
- In the prepared container tightly tamp down the leaves so that to the edge remained 5-6 cm of free volume.
- Fill with boiling water for a quarter of an hour.
- In the prepared tomato juice, add the onion, a small amount of salt (to taste) and boil.
- Drain the water, pour the tomato juice into the jars and close with metal lids.
- Banks wrapped and left for 2-3 days.
Method 5. With cucumbers
The leaves are perfectly combined with cucumbers and green tomatoes.
- cucumbers - 500 grams;
- leaves - 50 pieces;
- dill umbrellas;
- currant leaves - 5–8 pieces;
- black peppercorns;
- garlic - 4 slices.
For the marinade:
- salt - 1 hour spoon;
- vinegar - 5 tbsp. spoons;
- sugar sand - 2 hours spoons.
- Rinse cucumbers and leaves with cold water.
- Wrap each cucumber in the leaves of the vine and put it in sterilized jars.
- To prepare the marinade, pour the ingredients into the pan and pour 500 ml of cold water, bring to a boil and pour over the jars.
- Banks close the metal lids, warm and leave for a day.
Are you tired? Let's have some rest! I offered you some recipes, each of which I tried myself. If the priority is a low price and time savings - choose freezing, giving additional taste - preservation.
That's all, oh yeah, be sure to watch the video in this article and share your recipe in the comments.