Raspberry is a fairly popular berry, which has attractive taste and health benefits.
The moment that the berry in folk medicine is used as a cure, determines the formed is not its high demand.
Business for growing and selling raspberrieshas been widely developed so far only in Western Europe, which determines its high prospects..
Table of contents
- Advantages and disadvantages of crimson business
- Business Registration
- How to start growing raspberries?
- Choose a variety
- We acquire seedlings
- We increase productivity by 1 hectare and ha
- How to collect berries?
- How to sell products?
Advantages and disadvantages of crimson business
Before you create a business plan that involves certain calculations, you should pay attention to the general advantages and disadvantages of the business in question.
The advantages can be attributed:
- Great demand for berries with a small offer. It's pretty hard to find raspberries on the shelves of the store.
- For cultivation, almost any piece of land is suitable. The composition of the land may not be suitable for raspberries, but this can be corrected.
- The cost of berries due to high demand and small supply is quite high, which makes it possible to get profit even with insignificant yield.
- If you follow the recommendations for planting a bush and caring for it, the harvest can be great. If the bush is located under the open sky, much depends on the weather. Recently, raspberries are growing more often in greenhouse conditions.
- There are quite a few varieties of raspberries. At the same time, the ripening time of their berries differs significantly, which makes it possible to make the business more profitable by selling fresh produce for a long time.
However, there are disadvantages:
- Berries quickly deteriorate. At the same jams and cooking, which are prepared from raspberries, many like to do on their own.
- Only in greenhouse conditions can the risk of crop failure due to bad weather conditions be substantially reduced.
- Courting for a piece of raspberry is a laborious process.
- The income from the business in question will only be for one half of the year.
Despite the existence of significant shortcomings,the business in question has a high demand with a small offer, which forms the price of berries, determines the attractiveness of this kind of entrepreneurial activity.
An important issue can be called the choice of the form of doing business. When cultivating crops on your own or rented land for the purpose of establishing sales for profit, you can conduct the following forms of business:
- SNT is a horticultural non-profit partnership. This type of registration of entrepreneurial activity is used in the case when an individual sells the grown product on his own plot by placing it in large wholesale bases. In this case, the registration is to obtain a certificate of the availability of a summer cottage. You can get the necessary document in the district administration.
- Individual entrepreneurship or IP- a form of activity registration, which implies the provision of the possibility of self-realization of the grown product. In this case, the person who owns the site and has established raspberry planting can act as a legal entity for the conclusion of various contracts: for hiring workers, in organizing sales and so Further. Difficulties arising when choosing a similar capable business registration, are the need for product certification.
- Limited Liability Company or LLC- a form of registration, which is chosen in case of need to attract partners into your business. At the same time, partners can act as co-founders or creditors.
A simplified scheme of registration will allowsell raspberries in small batches and customize production and business processes.
If the volumes of cultivation increase substantially, then the IP is made. Official registration as a legal entity allows you to attract creditors who can significantly accelerate business development.
With the proper preparation of the business plan, the invested funds bring in income in a short time.
When considering the issue of registration of entrepreneurial activities,that the optimal method of taxation is a single agricultural tax, the rate of which is 6%.
If the verification determines that the share of the product of agriculture is less than 70%, then a generalized method of taxation is applied..
How to start growing raspberries?
The reference points, which are indicated in the preparation of the business plan, increase the chance of a good profit.
In the first year follows:
- Carry out a selection of raspberry varieties.
- Calculate the required amount of planting material.
- Carry out soil preparation.
- Prepare the material that will be used as supports: support posts made of wood or reinforcement, wire.
- Purchase fertilizers and pest protection.
This preparation concerns the cultivation of raspberries under the open sky, that is not in greenhouse conditions.
In the second year follows:.
- Carry out a landing.
- Carry out a drip irrigation.
- Apply fertilizer.
- Prepare the packaging.
- If the growing volumes are large, then workers should be found.
- Install cooling plants in case the volume of cultivation is large. Berry is a perishable product, which can be preserved with partial cooling.
About some points, let's talk in more detail. The creation of a business begins with the selection of the site and its preparation.Recommendations for the site are as follows:
- It should be noted that raspberries are a rare delicacy that many people like. Therefore, immediately you need to think about protection. Plots that are left unattended and will be visited from time to time are a big risk.
- Raspberry loves moisture and sun.
- The type of soil does not play a role, but experts recommend giving preference to soil with sand, which is supplemented with mulch at pH no more,.
- The size of the plot depends on the expected volume of production. On one hectare plant about 2 thousand bushes, which, with proper care and favorable growth conditions, will give about 10 thousand kilograms of berries in one season.
The site is fertilized with manure, other mineral fertilizers are added at will.
Two-year-old raspberry gives sweet, large fruits, but often freezes in winter. Therefore, when organizing a business, preference is given to repairing raspberries.
You may be interested in the following articles:
- Useful properties of raspberry and its leaves.
- Top dressing for raspberries in August and in autumn after pruning.
This variety is less susceptible to the effects of low temperatures and pests, but the berries are less sweet, in rainy weather they may not be ripe by the end of autumn.
Choose a variety
Common summer varieties are:
- Lashka- the early variety of their Poland. The berries are large, elongated, the bush is fruitful, frost-hardy.
- Octavia- a promising variety for business, which gives large berries of a purple hue. Berries are dense, so even in the rain they do not fall off.
- Zyugana- a variety from Switzerland. The berries are sweet, stored for about 7 days and carry the transportation.
- A shelf- berries ripen in autumn, have a pleasant taste. Bushes allow from one hectare, with the correct planting, to harvest up to 10 tons of harvest.
- Zhdoan Gee- large, hard raspberry berries. A shrub of this variety can yield 19 tons per season.
- Himbo Top- berries of this variety reach a weight of 10 grams, which necessitates tying to the supports.
We acquire seedlings
Saplings buy in specialized stores. The following points are taken into account when selecting them:
- sapling, which has a well-developed dried-up root system, grown in greenhouse conditions for the purpose of selling - an attractive offer that will cost very much;
- the cut of the stem should be green, the diameter of the shoot from, to 1 centimeter;
- Practice shows that the closed rhizome copes better with the impact of the environment.
We increase productivity by 1 hectare and ha
Technology of cultivation:
- seedlings are planted at a distance of 80 centimeters. Between rows the distance is -2 meters;
- The trellis is installed every 4 meters as a support;
- planted in spring and autumn. It is possible to plant in autumn even after October 1;
- in order for the bush to develop quickly it is necessary to remove the shoots that create a shadow and attract insects;
- raspberry well responds to the introduced organic fertilizer. The recommended rate is, tons per hundred square meters. Nitrogen and potassium compounds are suitable for bait;
- chemicals that protect the bush from the effects of pests and diseases, can be used before the flowering begins.
How to collect berries?
The assembly is carried out exclusively by hand, therefore, to the period of maturation should be prepared thoroughly: containers, workers with a large number of bushes, a place for temporary storage, and so on..
How to sell products?
Raspberries are stored for a week at a temperature of 3-5 0С. Ways of sale:
- Grocery stores.
- Children's cafes, restaurants.
- Pharmacies, pharmacological firms.
The berry is tender, andsell it immediately.
- The purposes of the enterprise.
- Organization of the production process.
- Initial conditions for business development.
- Analysis of demand and competition.
- Financial indicators.
- Analysis of sales markets.
- Sales promotion plan.
Profitability with a site:
- One hectare - 2-3 thousand bushes. Price of seedlings -2 $. The initial investment is $ 2000.
- The cost of fertilizers, drugs - $ 1000.
- One bush gives an average of 4 kilograms. From one hectare they collect 1, 00 kilograms.
- The wholesale price is 2% on average. The proceeds are $ 2, 00.
The berry business, as can be seen from the calculations, is profitable. Especially it concerns the cultivation of raspberries. She is willingly bought in fresh and frozen form for jam, jams.
This product has many useful properties that determine its popularity..