The content of the article:
Potatoes "Idaho" - this amazing dish comes from America. By its taste, it resembles well-known French fries. Fans of home cooking will like this recipe.
Analogues of the recipe for Idaho potato are widely used and are found all over the world. Domestic cuisine offers an alternative to the American - a recipe for "potatoes in a country style." In appearance and taste, these two dishes are similar to each other. The recipe for Idaho potatoes with a photo is shown below.
Classic, incredibly delicious recipe
The history of the emergence of an amazing recipe for Idaho potatoes is very inquisitive. By the very name, it immediately becomes clear that the recipe for cooking takes place and is named after one of the states of America - Idaho. Since ancient times people living in this territory have been engaged exclusively in agriculture.
The most popular culture for growing Americans was potatoes. To diversify their menu, they came up with a recipe for spicy dumplings. Only in those days the inhabitants of Idaho baked whole potatoes, carefully wrapped in various spices.
Over time, someone finished this recipe and improved it. The Idaho potatoes began to be cooked in our time. But the history of its origin can not be rewritten: a well-known recipe will forever be considered a dish of exclusively American cuisine.
Modern housewives can easily prepare this simple and tasty potato dish in the oven.
For 4 servings of Idaho potatoes it is necessary to prepare:
- potatoes - about 1 kg;
- paste tomato (you can sweet ketchup) - half a glass;
- classic or French mustard - 1 tbsp. l;
- crushed garlic - 3 small denticles;
- spices (red pepper or paprika, dried herbs) - 30 g;
- olive oil or sunflower (refined) - 100 ml;
- fresh fennel - if desired;
- salt - to taste.
Sequence of preparation:
- First you need to take the potatoes and wash it thoroughly. If desired, you can clean the tubers from the skins (in the original American recipe, the potato is taken unrefined).
- Then, the washed potatoes must be cut into several pieces, so that you get the boats.
- Sliced vegetables are carefully piled in a saucepan. Afterwards, we pour water into the container so that it covers completely cut slices. Put the pan on the hob. When the water boils, the potato should be brewed for about 3 minutes.
- Then drain the hot water. Excess liquid from the potatoes is removed, pouring out the lobules into the colander.
- Now let's prepare the sauce for refueling. In olive or sunflower oil, add finely chopped fresh dill.
- Then mix the mixture with ketchup, mustard, spices and salt.
- In the last place in the dressing, add the missed through garlic or finely chopped garlic.
- The sauce is thoroughly mixed. You should get a filling of a thick consistency. Otherwise, most of the added spices and herbs will remain at the bottom of the container, rather than stick to the surface of the potato.
- Pour the dried slices into a saucepan or deep bowl, then pour over the previously prepared sauce with spices. Gently mix the ingredients with your hands.
- Turn on the oven and preheat it beforehand to 190o C. On the baking sheet we cover the parchment paper, greased with vegetable oil. Slices of vegetables in rows are laid out on the surface.
- Potato is about 35 minutes.
Spices can be different. The more their variety in the recipe, the more saturated the taste of cooked potatoes.
Potato "Idaho" is ready! Serve the dish hot as a side dish or snack. If desired, you can serve any sauce. Enjoy your appetite!
Idaho potatoes in the oven
Delicate delicious potatoes with the addition of garlic, various herbs and spices will become the crown dish of any family celebration. This recipe for Idaho potatoes in the oven will be enjoyed by all guests.
- potatoes - 300 g;
- garlic - 1-2 teeth;
- olive oil - 25 ml;
- salt to taste.
- Potato tubers thoroughly wash, dry and cut into arbitrary slices.
- In a separate vessel mix olive oil, a mixture of spices and pressed garlic cloves.
- The resulting dressing rub each potato slice.
- On a baking sheet covered with parchment, put slices of potatoes in the sauce. Bake the Idaho potatoes in the oven at 200 ° C for 27 minutes.
Idaho potatoes in the multivariate
The most popular recipe in the world. Thanks to the multivarquet, the potato is cooked evenly and very quickly.
Food for cooking:
- 400 gr. potatoes;
- 2 cloves garlic;
- 2 tbsp. l. olive oil (can be replaced with sunflower oil);
- salt, spices and herbs to taste.
To prepare a recipe for Idaho potatoes, it is recommended to use medium-sized vegetables.
How to prepare a dish:
- Potatoes are pre-washed and cut into small slices.
- Slices carefully put on a small distance from each other in the multivark, then pour water and salt. Choose the program "Quenching" on the kitchen for 3 minutes.
- During this time we are preparing a dressing for potatoes. Mix in a deep dish finely chopped garlic, selected spices and butter. Mix well.
- Then take the slices, rub the potatoes with herbs and herbs, from all directions and again put them into the multivark for 25 minutes, selecting the "Baking" mode.
- Ready to serve the dish to the table with any sauce.
Idaho potatoes at home
The secret of this recipe is the use of mustard. Thanks to her dish gets an interesting taste.
The following ingredients are required for preparation:
- potato - 900 gr .;
- garlic - 1 head;
- olive oil - 70 ml;
- classic mustard 2 tbsp. l;
- salt - 1 hour. l;
- universal spices - 25-30 g;
- hard cheese - 50 gr.
If the kitchen is not olive oil, then it can be replaced by sunflower, refined.
The process of cooking potatoes:
- Potatoes of medium size are well washed and cut into slices of the same shape. In the pot, pour water, add salt. In salted water boil the chopped potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Remove the container from the plate, drain the water, and allow the potatoes to cool.
- While the main ingredient is being decreed, in a separate vessel, combine mustard, oil, herbs, spices and a head of garlic pressed through the press. It's good to mix everything.
- Pour the potatoes gently in a container with sauce, stir the food carefully. Do this by hand.
- Slices in spices are placed on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Cook the dish in the oven for 35 minutes at a temperature of about 180 degrees.
- Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
Potato "Idaho" is a unique opportunity to make a mini-holiday to your family. Prepare a dish is easy, the main thing is to follow the advice and sequence of actions.