- Types of chandelier designs
- Chandelier Styles
- Comfortable kitchen lighting - how to create?
- Which lamp to choose?
- Materials of chandeliers for the kitchen
- Chandelier and size of kitchen
Modern chandeliers for the kitchen amaze with a variety of colors and styles of execution. Lighting is an important part of a thoughtful design. Having created the right lighting, you will make your kitchen cozy, comfortable and beautiful. From this article you will learn what chandeliers can be, how to choose it in accordance with the style of decorating the kitchen, what you need to consider when choosing kitchen lighting.
Types of chandelier designs
- Suspended chandeliers:this is one or more plafonds, fixed on a cord, string or string. Traditional for the kitchen option - a lamp with a shade, it is usually hung over the table and, as a rule, for a small kitchen, this one light source is enough. Chandelier plafones can be made of glass, plastic, fabric and even paper. The variety of shapes and stylistic solutions makes this type of chandelier almost universal.
- Ceiling chandeliers:Ideal for a small kitchen with a low ceiling. The plafond of such a chandelier can be translucent (matte) or completely transparent. There are both normal white and color options. The form of ceiling models, as a rule, is strict, geometric (circle, square), but there are also original design variations: designs that resemble a crown, tree, flower, or even more complex shape.
- A separate type of chandelier -classical.Such chandeliers look luxurious, they are distinguished by refinement of performance and elegance combined with chic and some pretentiousness.
- Classic- such chandeliers are exquisite and elegant, their popularity is not lost with the years, and the form is suitable for kitchens in classical style and country. You can find forged classic chandeliers, models with glass elements, pendant chains, a common option - an imitation lamp with candles;
- Modern- this is a universal lighting, which will suit both the kitchen in a minimalist style or classical design, as well as a cozy chalet or elegant interior in the Scandinavian style. Ceiling chandeliers in the Art Nouveau style are restrained colors, simple shapes and unobtrusive originality;
- Candelabra- Now they are often made of available materials of plastic and glass, although the traditional material for candelabra is the crystal. Such chic chandelier is appropriate in the kitchen in the Art Nouveau style, chic chic, chalet, classic, provence;
- Hi-Tech / Techno- this type of chandelier is often ceiling, than suspended. They are made in cold shades and in strict, graphic geometric forms. As for materials, then, as a rule, it is metal, plastic, glass;
- FloristicsThis is an elegant and beautiful design, decorated with branches, flowers, leaves. It can be made of metal, wood, can contain elements of glass and plastic. The floristic chandelier is suitable for the kitchen in the style of Provence, country, classic, chic chic;
- Tiffany- luxurious chandeliers are made of glass, they are decorated with stained glass paintings or mosaic (from pieces of colored glass). Fixtures Tiffany harmoniously fit into the interior of the kitchen in the style of classic, tiffany and country;
- Loft- these lamps for the kitchen imitate street lights, their execution is a deliberately rough style, sometimes with vintage motifs. This is an excellent choice for a Scandinavian style kitchen or loft style, country, cheby chic;
- Minimalism- A strict chandelier without a bright decor, characterized by laconic geometric shapes and a restrained color scheme. Minimalist lamps are suitable for kitchens in Scandinavian style, as well as for high-tech and loft kitchens;
- Eco-style- A simple chandelier made of natural materials (wood, paper, fabric). Beautiful and interesting watches wicker models. To design such a chandelier, you can use branches, dried flowers and leaves, small stones, so you can make an eco-lantern yourself. This chandelier will fit into the kitchen interior not only in the style of eco, but also country, provence, classics and ethno.
Comfortable kitchen lighting - how to create?
A chandelier in the kitchen is not just a source of light, but also an element of decor that creates a cozy atmosphere. In the kitchen should be light and comfortable, that is, well-lit should be both working areas, and the zone of food intake.
- Chandeliers for the kitchen with adjustable lighting conditions are an excellent opportunity to save energy and use the lighting as much as possible;
- Lighting in the room should be comfortable for the eyes: too bright or dim light is tiring for the eyes. On average, the norm of illumination in the kitchen is as follows: 12-40 Watt per square meter. meter (incandescent lamp), 30-35 watts per square meter. meter (halogen lamps), from 8 watts per square meter. meter (fluorescent lamps);
- The darker the kitchen interior, the more powerful lamps are needed to illuminate the room;
- If the kitchen is large, then it is worth giving preference to a multi-hanging suspended chandelier, and for small kitchens, ceiling or one-hanging pendants are suitable;
- With the help of lighting you can zoning the room. You can hang the chandelier over the table, and illuminate the work area with spotlights. If the kitchen and dining room are combined, it is reasonable to install two chandeliers (or a chandelier above the dining area and spotlights over the kitchen): the chandelier above the dining area should be larger and more visible than in the zone kitchen;
- In the design of modern kitchen can do without a chandelier: the area above the bar can be illuminated by a stylish wall lamp, work area to highlight with the help of hidden ceiling light sources, and along the perimeter of the kitchen you can place dot fixtures.
Which lamp to choose?
There are several types of lamps, each of which has its own merits and demerits.
- Incandescent lamps:to their pluses it is possible to carry the low price, pleasant warm light, availability, a minus - rather short service life;
- Fluorescent lamps:The advantages of such lamps are bright light, but the light of such lamps can be tiring for the eyes, in addition, sometimes such lamps noticeably "blink" because of voltage drops;
- Halogen lamps:these lamps serve for a very long time, but they are sufficiently heated, expensive, and their disposal must be carried out in accordance with certain rules;
- LED lamp:they are expensive, but they are strong, economical, diverse (in terms of color) and very practical (they do not heat up, long serve and can be used for both luminaires and as independent light sources and lighting).
The choice of the lamp depends on the material from which the chandelier is made, the style of decorating the kitchen, as well as your preferences (not everyone, for example, like LED lighting) and financial possibilities.
Materials of chandeliers for the kitchen
- When choosing a chandelier, keep in mind that the lower it will hang, the better the materials, parts and accessories from which it is made. A low-hanging chandelier should be good both from the outside and from the inside. If it will hang high, then you can not buy a model from expensive materials. For example, a crystal candelabrum can be replaced with a candelabra made of glass or even plastic;
- Chandelier in the kitchen should not be a brand, so a glass or plastic model is preferable to fabric;
- Wooden chandelier is covered with varnish, and metal - with mastic;
- Choose such chandeliers for the kitchen, which can be exposed to a lot of soapy water. Paper lamps are the most impractical: they can not be cleaned without damaging them. In addition, such chandeliers, as a rule, are quite large (so that the paper is located at a sufficiently large distance from the lamp), which is not suitable for every kitchen. Another disadvantage: paper lamps give diffuse light - this is not the best option for the kitchen, although they look beautiful;
- Forged models must often be wiped from dust: in their bends, curls and joints, dust accumulates constantly;
- Simple ceiling luminaires made of glass or plastic geometric shapes are great for the kitchen: they are easy to care for.
Chandelier and size of kitchen
The chandelier should harmoniously fit into the kitchen space not only in style, but also in size.
- For a small kitchen or kitchen with low ceilings, the ceiling chandeliers are suitable: the suspensions will look cumbersome and visually make the ceiling even lower;
- Long hangers with small shades are perfect for narrow, elongated kitchens, they will give the room a stylish appearance, and the right amount of light bulbs will allow evenly illuminate the entire space;
- Large kitchens and classical chandeliers, massive pendants, crystal candelabra created for each other. Ceiling fixtures can also look harmonious in the space of a large kitchen. An interesting option for a spacious kitchen will be a multi-level model: as a luxurious chandelier or exquisite classical chandelier of crystal and metal, and glass or wicker spheres or elegant and lush floral model;
Suspended and ceiling, glass and forged, concise and chic - different chandeliers can create a special atmosphere in the kitchen, make the room higher and brighter, or, on the contrary, give it a mystery and coziness.
We wish you, that in your kitchen there is always a lot of light, warmth and beauty.
- . Fixture for the kitchen by own hands - 3 ways and ideas of design on their basis.
- . Sconce in the kitchen is a game with light according to the rules.
- . LED lighting for the kitchen from A to Z.
- . The choice of lighting under the kitchen cabinets and not only.