- The size of the curbstone and countertops
- Depth of bowl
- Dimensions and shapes
- Number of wash bowls and dimensions
- And a few more tips
To find the dimensions of the kitchen sink, you need to focus on the following main factors.
The size of the curbstone and countertops
It is logical that the bowl of the sink can be as much as possible smaller than the curbstone, but no more, therefore, in order to determine the size of the sink for the kitchen, first make 2 gaugings:
- the width of the frame of the cabinet (curbstone);
- if you want to buy a sink with a wing, then measure also the length and width of the tabletop fragment that the future sink may occupy. In this case, keep in mind that if you are right-handed, then the wing should be on the right, if the left-hander, the wing of the sink is better to choose with the left arrangement. An example on the photo below.
And now the main recommendations:
- On the sides, the sides should not be close to the wall, it is better to maintain a distance of about 5 cm, that is, if the frames cabinet have a width of 50 cm, then you can install a sink with a width (or diameter) of the bowl (without taking into account the wing) no more than 45 cm;
- To the front edge of the countertop, the sink should also not fit more than 5 cm, otherwise it will be inconvenient - clothes can pee and water splatter. But too far from yourself to put it, too, is not worth it;
- Kitchen sink can be installed close to the back wall, that is, to the apron, but do it better not worth it. If you leave a distance of 5 cm or more, then it will be easier to wipe this place so that water does not accumulate. And if you leave this distance baboutyou can put dishwashing detergents there or mount the mixer as in the photo below. This is especially true for sinks without a hole for installing a mixer;
- If you want to select an overhead sink, then you need to find the dimensions exactly in accordance with the size of the curbstone.
Depth of bowl
Not only the length and width are important, but also the depth.
- The best depth of the bowl is 16-19 cm - sinks with such depth will be roomy and water will not be splashed during the work. In fact, most kitchen sinks have exactly this depth.
- You can choose a bowl with a bowl depth of more than 19-20 cm, if you often bake in the oven on baking trays, use large pans or draw water in large packagings. But for regular use, such models are not the best choice, since you will have to tilt your back. To correct this defect, you can lift the cube higher.
- The depth of the bowl is less than 16 cm - it is suitable only for the bathroom - the water from shallow shells is highly sprayed.
- Keep in mind that in small sinks with a diameter of less than 45 cm bowls, most often deep - 20 or more cm.
Dimensions and shapes
The form provides roominess of a product and its conformity to the chosen style.
- Square- comfortable and roomy;
Common sizes: 500 × 500 mm, 600 × 600 mm.
- Rectangular- perfect for a narrow countertop or pedestal. But keep in mind that a rectangular narrow sink is not very convenient to use, because the wider the bowl, the less spray and more comfortable washing dishes;
Common sizes: 550 × 500, 500 × 800, 500 × 1000, 500 × 1250 mm, etc.
- Round- this bowl is easier to clean, it will be more spacious than rectangular, but to find a round model with additional sections is quite difficult.
Standard diameters: 45-51 cm.
- You can choose other shapes - triangular, fantasy, oval.
- For large and / or corner kitchens suitable trapezoidal sinks with six or five corners.
Number of wash bowls and dimensions
Washing can be not only single, but also double and three-section. The latter options are very convenient - in one bowl you can wash the dishes, and in the second you can rinse it, defrost food or wash, for example, vegetables. If you can allocate space for such a sink, do it, the decision will justify itself more than once.
- Double and triple sinks require more space - the width of the cabinet frame should be at least 80 cm.
- The length of the two-part kitchen sinks starts from 60 cm, when the additional section is narrow and small. Such models are also called one-and-a-half (photo below). In case there are not enough places in the kitchen, then you can choose this option.
- Bowls are the same and different in size, as well as in depth and even shape. In addition, you can choose and angular models.
But the photo below is an angled two-section sink with the same bowls.
Angle washer with three bowls of different volumes and a wing:
- for corner double and triple sinks, you need to choose a quality mixer that will withstand increased stress on the turns;
- For trapezoidal pedestals with an angle of 45 degrees, it is better to choose the same trapezoidal pentagonal or hexagonal corner washers as in the next photo.
But examples of straight washes with two or three bowls and accessories.
And a few more tips
- To properly choose the size of kitchen sinks, consider the eating habits of your family - how often do you wash dishes, how much to cook, and so on. For example, if the kitchen is small and the family is not large, then choose kitchen sinks with a width of 45 cm;
- In addition, you can choose a small sink if the kitchen has a dishwasher. However, the depth of the shell should allow rinsing large pots and pans in it;
- Pay attention not only to the length, width, depth, but also to the thickness of the material and the height of the rails. A sink with side bails will be more practical, and the thickness of stainless steel - the thicker, the better (acceptable thickness of stainless steel, mm and more);
- Much depends on the type of mixer chosen. For example, if you want a mixer built into the countertop, then the size of the sink should be selected according to the space for it;
- The standard sizes of the pedestals are from 60 to 35 cm. Of course, it is important to first install the cabinet, and then under it to select the sink;
- And one more thing - if your headset does not have a place for a three-section capacious sink, then use a mixer equipped with a sliding "shower".
- . Choose a kitchen sink in 5 simple steps.
- . Kitchen sink made of artificial stone - 8 tips for choice.
- . Choose a mixer for the kitchen.
- . Installation of kitchen sink - instructions, tips, video.
- . Corner kitchen sink - choice and installation.
- . Repair the kitchen faucet with your own hands.