- Features of Japanese style
- Finish: walls, floor and ceiling
- Furniture: Kitchen Unit and Dining Unit
- Decor: lighting, curtains, accessories
Japanese style is good because due to its neutral color scheme and laconism, it is perfectly suited for decoration of both spacious and small kitchens, both for southern "and for poorly illuminated" northern " premises. And since the Japanese style is laconic, then it, moreover, is not so difficult to implement in the interior. In this material, we will talk about how to decorate the kitchen in Japanese style with your own hands using a small design guide and a selection of inspirational photos. But right away we will make a reservation that we are not talking about mats and real partitions of shoji, but only about the adapted version of the Japanese style, which is so loved in our country and all over the world.
Features of Japanese style
In fact, the Japanese style is the same modern minimalism, but more refined. Let's list its key features:
- Finishing, furniture and decor mainly from natural materials: wood, bamboo, stone, natural fabrics, etc .;
- Natural color scheme without bright accents. Primary colors: white, beige, pearl, ocher, brown, dark brown, black and green;
- Symmetry, proportionality and regular shape geometry;
- Minimalism in furnishing and decoration, strict organization of space (yes, Japanese style requires perfect order and double cleaning);
- Functionality of furniture and technology;
- Good natural and artificial lighting;
- Ethnic decor items.
Finish: walls, floor and ceiling
It is best to trim the walls of the kitchen in Japanese style:
- Decorative plaster;
- Dye in a light neutral color;
- Wood paneling;
- One of the walls can be turned into a kind of shoji, installing a sliding door in Japanese style instead of a partition or a swing door.
The apron can be decorated with stone mosaics, large tiles, a stone, for example, marble, and also skinned with photo printing on the Japanese theme as in the next photo..
The ideal floor in Japanese is dark, polished and necessarily wooden. However, if the floor or parquet board does not fit into your budget, then think about the square tile as in the photo below. Squares in the white and brown range will support the theme of the Japanese house.
Kitchen in Japanese style - this is one of the few cases where two-level ceilings and various suspended structures look in the interior as organically as possible. Other suitable ideas are wood paneling, wooden beams, ceiling wallpaper or stretch ceilings with photo printing.
Examples of Japanese design ceilings look in the next selection of photos.
Furniture: Kitchen Unit and Dining Unit
Kitchen furniture in the Japanese style is certainly wooden and has strict geometric shapes.
- The kitchen set should have solid glossy or simply polished facades without panels and best of all - even without handles. However, the inserts of frosted glass will be quite appropriate.
- In a spacious kitchen, the dining table can be massive - with a wooden, stone, metal frame and a solid top. But if the kitchen is small, then large furniture should be preferred light structures of metal or wood with a light table top, for example, glass. As for the chairs, then, perhaps, these are the only pieces of furniture that can have a streamlined shape.
Below is a large selection of photo-examples of furniture in Japanese style.
Decor: lighting, curtains, accessories
Lighting the kitchen in Japanese
Artificial lighting in the kitchen in the Japanese style should be as uniform and scattered as possible, so in addition to the central chandelier and furniture lighting, it is desirable to set the spots and around the perimeter the ceiling. As for the design of fixtures, here you can choose lamps in a minimalist or eco-style, for example, woven from bamboo or jute, made of wood, straws, rice paper and even twigs trees. The ideal shape of the lampshade is spherical, square or rectangular.
Typically Japanese types of curtains are panel (which they call "Japanese") and rolls made of bamboo. However, you can choose Roman curtains, and ordinary roll curtains and wooden blinds. Classic curtains of natural color or with a Japanese pattern on the fabric will also be good, provided the strict style.
Crockery and decor
In the reference Japanese houses the decor is present at a minimum, but it has the most honorable role of personifying the traditional values of the family. "Decor" for patriarchal Japanese is a scroll with a calligraphically written wise quote, a Japanese engraving and a vase with Ikebana. All this is stored in a small niche, which is called Tokonoma. In the modern interpretation of Japanese dwellings it is not necessary to organize a tokonomu, but the principle of decoration remains the same - there should be few ornaments in the room.
- Plants are the only thing that can be much. Live trees in pots, bonsai, bamboo, orchids, as well as decorative ikebana and sakura branches will make the kitchen design live, and the air - clean.
- Porcelain, ceramic and glass vases - they can be put not only in a niche, but also on a table, on the floor, on a kitchen set or shelves.
- In the role of wall decor can act laconic pictures and photos in beautiful frames, engravings and scrolls with hieroglyphs, images of samurai and geisha. However, try not to get involved in japanomania, so as not to overload the interior.
- Chopping boards, dishes for fruit, a knife stand, countertops and other kitchen accessories should also support the atmosphere of "Zen" in the interior. Best of all, this task will cope with accessories made of bamboo.
- Pay attention to the choice of utensils and utensils in the Japanese style, as well as buy pig-iron and clay teapots, small cups for tea ceremonies, beautiful sets for sushi, Japanese chef-knives of santoku and other symbols of Japanese cooking. Authentic accessories will make your kitchen a true dream of any Japaneseman.
Examples of kitchen decor in Japanese style look in the next selection of photos.
- . Kitchen in the style of Hi Tech.
- . Kitchen in the style of minimalism from scratch.
- . Everything about kitchen design in eco-style.
- . Apron made of tile "boar" in the interior of the kitchen - from the choice of design to the laying yourself.
- . Photo kitchens in the interior - a guide to the site KitchenDecorium.ru.
- . Secrets of Loft style: ideas for inspiration and incarnation in the kitchen.