- How the material affects dimensions
- How to choose the right dimensions
The dimensions of the kitchen work surface must be determined at the design stage. This will help to make a competent drawing, as well as accurately calculate how much material will be involved in the manufacture of the headset in the kitchen.
How the material affects dimensions
The first thing that determines the size of the countertop in the kitchen is the material used. Each of the possible types has its own standard dimensions, from which the minimum or maximum dimensions of the table top are determined. The most common options are:
- Laminated chipboard is almost the most common material for the working surface, the standard length is 3500 mm, and the depth is 60 cm. Of course, such a table top can be cut, but it will not work out seamlessly.
- Work surfaces of the kitchen can be made from chipboard according to the post-forming method (postforming). At mechanical influences they are scratched and deformed.
These products can not be seamless, and their butts are always closed by the side slats. And among the advantages of such countertops is the possibility of easy processing and pruning, because they are based on chipboard, relative cheapness and a large selection of quality surface decors. The thickness of the countertop of this type can be 28 or 38 mm. In the first case, the maximum length of the product is 3050 mm, and in the second - 4100 mm. And the width of the working surface for any thickness will be the same - 600 mm.
- The standard size of a sheet of a kitchen countertop from a file of a tree - in the thickness of 40 mm, width from 100 to 600 mm, length from 100 to 3000 mm. Although today some manufacturers can produce a wooden surface of any length and non-standard depth and thickness, the cost of such options is calculated individually. In Ikea, popular tabletops from the array are sold in two versions: 1260x606 mm and 2460x606 mm.
- Articles made of artificial stone. They can be carried out without joints - even in the corner working surface, the joints are filled with glue, and then they are ground, which makes them completely invisible. In addition, this material is almost not prone to scratching. At the same time, an artificial stone can not be handled properly, and it is not cheap. You can order a product of any size from the manufacturer, but the standard width of the countertop in this case is 600 mm, length m.
- The natural stone also has standard surface dimensions - a width of not more than 600 mm, length - 750, 800 or 2400 mm.
You will have to order the production of countertops if you plan to install stone slabs on a corner or U-shaped set. In addition, for the installation of such a working surface, professionals will be required, since it is difficult and difficult to process.
How to choose the right dimensions
The standard sizes of the kitchen were formed, based on the typical layout of the room with certain dimensions. However, today all the values can vary - this is the height of the countertop from the floor, and its length and depth. These parameters are selected depending on the following factors:
- Properties of the selected material and features of its attachment;
- Necessary for you the capacity of the kitchen space - the length, depth, height of the countertop;
- Ergonomy and ease of use;
- Aesthetics - the size of the surface and its height from the floor should correspond to the general parameters of the kitchen.
Especially important are the physiological parameters of the household, those who will actively use the kitchen. So, the height of the location from the floor directly depends on the growth of people.
When choosing the dimensions of the countertop in the kitchen, the functional organization of the space is also taken into account - for example, a longer and broader (and, therefore, more capacious) option is suitable for a large family.
It is clear that standardized kitchen sets in general and countertops in particular will be cheaper than those that are made to order. Therefore, carefully compose the project even before the purchase - it is possible and among the ready-made options you can choose the right solution.
- . Guide for choosing a wooden countertop.
- . Self-installation of kitchen countertops - from sawing to tie-in.
- . The choice of kitchen countertops - the advantages and disadvantages of popular materials.
- . Guide for choosing the perfect plastic countertop.
- . The correct size of the apron is the secret to a comfortable kitchen.
- . A window sill and its variations - a table top, a bar counter, a table.
- . Dimensions of the facades of the kitchen: tips for self-design.