In most apartments, the kitchens are small, and it is not always possible to place everything there. Did you come up with the idea of installing a refrigerator on the balcony? It is located next to the kitchen, the place is not occupied - it seems the solution is ideal. But will the technique work there in winter or in the summer heat? Let's go into more detail.
Content of the material:
1Is it possible to put a refrigerator on the loggia
- 1.1Installation on an open balcony
- 1.2Accommodation in the glassed-in loggia
- 1.3Combined balcony
- 1.4Possible malfunctions
Is it possible to put a refrigerator on the loggia
To understand whether it is possible to keep the refrigerator Atlant, Samsung, Indesit, Beko or another brand on the balcony, you need to understand the principle of work.
The refrigerant circulates through the system - freon. Once in the evaporator, it boils and absorbs heat from the freezer. Then the coolant passes through the compressor, and the cycle repeats. The heat that accumulates during operation is given to the environment - therefore, a heat exchanger is located on the wall of the refrigerator.
The properties of the refrigerant (gas-freon) are selected so that it normally circulates through the system at a certain temperature in the room. Therefore, household appliances are designed to work in heated rooms.
If the around is below zero, the transfer of refrigerant from the liquid state to the gaseous will be impossible to control. This leads to various breakdowns, which we will discuss below.
How to understand to what temperature it is possible to operate the refrigerator? The instructions do not say that you can not put it on the balcony. In order for it to function smoothly, it is important to follow the manufacturer's recommendations for the climate class:
- N - + 16-32 degrees. If the value often rises above + 32 ° C, then operation in an air-conditioned room is permitted. In winter, heating should work.
- SN - + 10-32 degrees. For premises that are poorly heated (cellars, insulated loggias, corridors).
- ST - + 18-38 degrees. Suitable for hot regions.
- T - + 18-43 degrees. For very hot regions or small solar rooms, which get very hot.
Therefore, before installing the equipment on a cold balcony, think: this can lead to its breakdown. If the loggia can be insulated, then there are more opportunities.
Installation on an open balcony
You have already realized what it is fraught with, especially in the winter season. Let's consider possible dangers:
- Precipitation. Contact with snow and moisture on the electrical parts of the appliance may cause a fire and a fire. In the open place, do not install sockets or lay out extension cords. In addition, the impact of moisture will corrode the refrigerator body, and its impact on the board and its contacts will completely disable the control system.
- Low temperatures. If the operation takes place in the cold, the oil in the motor-compressor thickens, it runs idle. The pressure decreases, because of which freon ceases to circulate and leaves the condenser. As a result, the technique stops.
- Heat. Exposure to sunlight violates the enamel coating, it cracks. The motor starts to work with a doubled load and soon breaks down.
Accommodation in the glassed-in loggia
Refrigerators LG, Samsung, Bosch are also at risk if the loggia is glazed, but not heated. The motor will run to its limit, and at night, when the temperature drops, the refrigerant will simply freeze in the tubes.
On the insulated balcony, if it is separated from the rest of the room, the temperature may differ from that recommended by the manufacturer. As a result, condensation may appear, which will corrode the case.
At cooling, the refrigerator can be switched off, use it only in spring, summer and early autumn, while it is warm.
Today, models are produced with new technologies. The refrigerant in them is also special, because it can withstand minus temperatures.
If the loggia has become part of the room, the climatic conditions there are the same as in the room.
How to make the operation safe:
- The right choice of technology. Understand why you need a refrigerator cabinet on the balcony. If to store frozen products, it is better to install a freezer. If the shelves are filled with soft drinks in a warm time, then choose the climatic class: ST and T. To keep the device working at low temperatures, choose the two-compressor model Full No Frost.
- Take care that in the summerThe mark of the thermometer on the balcony did not exceedclimatic indicators of technology.
- Take care of ventilation. The gap between the body and the wall must be at least 20 cm.
- Do not install near appliances, batteries, radiators.
- To prevent direct sunlight from reaching the aluminum housing, hang windows curtains or cover the blinds.
- Make sure thatdid not increase humidityand no condensation was formed.
Adhering to the recommended rules, you can safely operate the refrigerator on the balcony and loggia. Let us consider in more detail how the refrigerating and freezing chambers behave:
- Single-compressor type with drip defrost and manual defrost (orNo Frost)in the freezer. In such cases, the compressor starts at a mark of + 4-10 ° C. If the temperature does not match, the motor does not start.
- Single-compressor type. The two chambers are equipped with one thermostat, which controls the temperature in the evaporator. As soon as it rises by 4-7 ° C, the compressor starts. Therefore, the work of such a refrigerator is identical to the previous version.
- Two-compressor type Full No Frost. A freezer is located in the freezer. The cooling starts when the value is -16-24 ° C. The refrigerator compartment switches off at a reading below + 4-10 ° C. It can be operated on a loggia if the winters are not too harsh. But even in such cases the motor works with increased load.
- Freezing chambers and chests. Work at a temperature of -18-24 degrees. While it's higher, the camera will turn on.
Failure to comply with the manufacturer's instructions and the operation of the equipment in unsuitable conditions can lead to such problems:
- Motor-compressor failure. Cooling down, the oil thickens, so the motor has to work with a double load, which leads to wear.
- Malfunction of the control module. High humidity oxidizes the contacts of the device.
- Thermistor failure, defrost sensor. Also affects the effect of moisture.
- Deformation of sealing rubber on the door under the influence of moisture and sunlight.
But you can store equipment on the balcony. The main thing is to protect the case from sun and moisture. Before connecting the equipment in the room, allow it to stand for several hours and acclimate.
It turns out that theoretically the refrigerator can work in the open air. Practically you need to carefully weigh everything and prepare it so as not to spoil the technique. If you do not have another place for accommodation, then buy an inexpensive model.
Watch the video on the topic: