Recently, I had a question - how and where to store the bananas so that they remain fresh and tasty. I found the answers. I'll try and help you understand how to store bananas properly.
How to keep the freshness of bananas?
Bananas - a perishable product. But, despite the fact that their price is very attractive, to buy their future use it is not desirable. However, even bought some fruits should be stored properly to prevent darkening and damage.
Rule 1. Optimal storage conditions
- Best of all these fruits will be stored at a temperature of +13... +14 °FROM. Thus it is necessary to avoid sudden changes in temperature.
- The ideal humidity storage of bananas - 85-90%. If you have a basement or cellar - store them there.
- Air circulation. It is better to keep these fruits in a well-ventilated area.
- Whole bunches kept longerIf the foot wrap in tape or polyethylene.
Bananas can not be stored in a plastic bag - it holds moisture and can cause rotting of the fruit.
Rule 2. degree of maturity
Surely you have noticed that you can buy bananas in different colors in the store. And this figure must be considered when storing:
- green - unripe fruits. Their clusters rather dense and difficult to separate. The flesh is green fruit is not very sweet and has a slight taste of grass. These are the bananas are stored as long and ripen in the process.
- Yellow - ripe fruit, completely ready-to-eat. They have a pleasant aroma, taste and texture.
- Darkened with black spots - overripe fruit that can be eaten.
Rule 3. Features Storage yellow fruit in the peel
Is it possible to store bananas in the fridge? A natural question, but it is not so simple. The fruits of different maturity in need of special conditions and shelf life.
Simple instructions will help you to understand all the intricacies, and act correctly.
Storage of green fruits:
Storage of yellow fruits:
Storage of overripe fruit:
Rule 4. Features Storage shelled bananas
In some cases, you can keep bananas in the refrigerator in a purified form.
What you should pay attention to?
- Bananas do not tolerate direct exposure artificial sources of heat or sunlight. They do not ripen and spoil immediately.
- If perespevshem fruit has gray stains or mildew - this indicates improper storage or transportation rules. Buy such fruit is not necessary - it can be dangerous to health.
- If you often get ripe bananas, Think about buying a special console for storage.
Bananas - favorite treat of fruit flies. If you have a home bred such, it is better to keep the fruit in a closed paper bag or in the refrigerator.
Now that you know what to store bananas in the fridge or not depends mainly on their degree of maturity, as well as the goals and shelf life. Useful video in this article will help you to more clearly understand all the details. And if you still have questions - ask them in the comments, we will deal with.