How to clean stainless steel kitchenware
Many housewives have kettles, ladles, stainless steel pans. And this is not surprising, since the material is of particular beauty, durability and practicality.
Why it is necessary to clean in a timely manner
This dish is highly resistant to high temperature, corrosion, staining. A large role in this is assigned to its material, and more specifically, to the presence of chromium in it. Interacting with oxygen, it promotes the formation of a protective film on the surface of a stainless steel. But this is only in the absence of fat and other contaminants.
If the dishes are not clean enough, a protective film is not formed. The surface fades, may become stained, subject to rapid wear and rust. Therefore, there are general rules that should not be neglected:
- stainless steel dishes are cleaned regularly;
- do not let the dirt dry, clean with water and detergent immediately after use;
- clean by hand with a soft sponge in warm water, but not in a dishwasher;
- to avoid stains, do not dry in the open air, it is better to wipe dry with a clean towel;
- do not use products with abrasive additives, hard and metal scourers - anything that can damage the coating;
- stains from water or, rather, from the salts contained in it, wipe dotted by hand without circular motions;
- for glossy shine can wipe the dishes with half a raw potato.
How to clean stainless steel with baking soda
This is a simple and effective way to clean the surface of stainless steel from grease stains. To make the dishes shine again, first wash it as usual and wipe dry. Make a paste of half a glass of soda and a few drops of water. Spread the surface of the pan or kettle with paste and set aside for two hours, then just wipe with a dry cloth or sponge.
Clean with purchased chemicals
Burnt dishes with difficult stains can be cleaned with purchased chemicals. Cookware should be:
- preheated in hot water;
- apply the product on the burnt surface;
- wait 10–15 minutes;
- to clean the burnt dirt with a sponge;
- rinse with clean water;
- wipe dry.
If burnt milk
Rescue activated carbon from the first-aid kit. It must be crushed into powder and poured into burnt dishes. There also need to pour some water and leave for 10-15 minutes.
How to clean using vinegar and lemon juice
Stainless steel dishes at home can be easily cleaned with vinegar. To do this, simply apply a little table vinegar to the soft sponge, rub, then rinse with clean water and dry thoroughly. Burnt pan can be soaked in vinegar and, after 10–15 minutes, washed as usual.
Vinegar can be replaced with lemon juice, diluting 1 tablespoon in a glass of water. The resulting solution wipe all available stainless steel - pots, pans, ladles, etc. After that, be sure to wash and wipe dry.
Cleaning with glue and soda.
Scale and stains in the form of stains can be removed using a traditional method using baking soda and office glue. This will require a large container in which to place the dishes and pour water. For every 5 liters of water, add 100 ml of glue, half a pack of soda, and a little detergent. The solution is brought to a boil, boil for 15–20 minutes and leave to cool completely. After everything is thoroughly washed with hot water.
How to clean cast iron utensils at home
Kitchen utensils made of cast iron with proper care can be eternal and passed down from generation to generation. At hit on a pig-iron surface of fat or oil the protective layer with antiprigarny property is formed. As a result, less food burns, rust does not appear.
At home, it is absolutely necessary to thoroughly wash, dry and grease the cast-iron dishes after each cooking.
- you first need to remove the remaining fat using a paper napkin;
- pour hot water, add salt and clean with a washcloth;
- pan should be wiped dry or dried on the stove or in the oven;
- clean, well-dried cast-iron dishes are smeared with a thin layer of oil.
We clean cast-iron dishes from soot
With poor care, the dishes gradually overgrown with soot. Unpleasant-looking, when heated, it releases substances harmful to health.
- If the layer is small, cast iron dishes can be cleaned of it with a hard brush, hot water and laundry soap.
- In case of old sludge, the use of chemical agents for cleaning highly contaminated surfaces and ovens will be required. It should be applied to the cast-iron surface, left for 2-3 hours, then rub with a stiff brush, rinse with hot water, dry well on the stove, lubricate with oil.
How to clean enameled utensils
Enamel is damaged if used improperly, so you need to know some features of its cleaning:
- Washing enamelled dishes should not be delayed. It is better to do this immediately after use with a soft sponge and detergent without abrasive additives.
- Use baking soda or fine salt for cleaning.
- Hot dishes should not be put on a cold wet stand and should not be filled with cold water. And also put empty dishes on a hot stove.
In modern kitchens, along with dishes made from traditional materials, use dishes made of ceramics, heat-resistant glass and teflon-coated. For each species has its own recommendations on the use and methods of cleaning. Maintain perfect cleanliness, for this, at home there will always be chemical and improvised means in the form of vinegar, citric acid and soda.