Chandelier lamps rarely break. Table lamps often fail the button. In Chinese models, it is useless to repair it. However, now a new thing is not cheap, making you seriously think about how to disassemble or assemble a lamp or a chandelier. Let's do the chandelier on your own, without workshops!
Ceiling and wall chandeliers
Most chandeliers are made using the same technology. Three or five lamps, like petals, diverge to the sides on different shaped legs. Such a design allows the parts of the chandelier to be kept in balance to maintain balance. A variant of the technical solution is shown in the photo:
- Each chandelier lamp is surrounded by a glass opaque canopy. This allows you to hide from the eyes unsightly light bulbs, at the same time the light goes into the room relatively freely.
- The ceiling lamps of the chandelier are mounted with a wide plastic nut screwed onto the cartridge. A narrow brush is required to perform the necessary dismantling operations.
- When the nut is removed, it is better to set the cover to the side, the internal design of the lamp will become visible: the part of the cartridge with E27 thread is easily unscrewed under the bulb, exposing the contact group on a ceramic base.
- In this version of the chandelier at the bottom of the bowl you can see two clips holding the decorative bottom of the lamp bowl. Having removed it, we open access to two nuts( see photo), one holds the base of the cartridge on the frame, the second holds the whole lamp on the leg branching off from the center of the chandelier.
- Having access to the nuts, it is possible to completely disassemble the lamp and disconnect it.
- The central part is similar. A decorative base( in the photo is raised) hides the screw holding the top cover in place. Inside a row of nuts securing the side legs to the center of the chandelier.
- The wiring runs inside the round legs: the side and the only vertical, reinforced to the ceiling.
- In the area of the suspension point there is a terminal for electrical switching of the product with the local power grid. Inside the chandelier wiring is done by twisting or on the terminal blocks. In the halls there is a division of lamps into two groups. Accordingly, the wires at the point of suspension are no longer two, but three. According to the rules, the phase is supplied to the switch and returned through two conductors, the third is used for grounding.
When dismantling the chandelier, it is strongly recommended not only to turn off the light, but to unscrew the plugs. For a simple reason: often the cartridges start a phase rather than a neutral wire. Then the first thing to do is unplug the power connector, after removing the chandelier from the ceiling. Old versions hang on hooks, built right into the ceiling of concrete, wood. In the new version, the base of the chandelier, hidden by a removable base, is screwed with two bolts to the steel plate.
It is not recommended to use soldering or twisting as electrical connections. This leads to an increase in the resistance of the circuit, which, in combination with incandescent lamps, causes overheating. Pay attention to the design of a single lamp presented in the photo. Here the cartridge has already been replaced. During the reconstruction, the old one was thrown away - due to poor-quality electrical connections, heat was constantly generated. This is a parasitic effect, which leads to an increase in the bills, in the specified case because of it the terminals were burned, the dielectric material lost strength.
In appearance, the new cartridge does not differ from the old one, but it did not fit the threaded connection. In the back of the hole was not enough. As a result, solid bakelite had to be carefully sharpened with a file. The diameter went out too big for the drill, and it was not possible to bring the slotted screwdriver to the condition. The work took 20 minutes, not counting the time spent on the analysis and assembly of the lamp, plus the selection of tools. As a result, the repair was delayed for an hour.
This further recalls that the electrical connections in the chandelier are made of high quality. It is recommended to use special connectors. At first glance, caps are more convenient, but remember that the three wires may not be the right size. For the internal wiring of the chandelier it is more logical to take the conductors of particularly flexible( high flexibility).The latter are made from a variety of small wiring, as a result, it is convenient to twist and screw caps. Twisting is not necessary, but rather, it concerns thick copper, especially aluminum, lived.
With regard to small delays - given the fact that the work is done for a long time( forever), and the cap protects the connection and insulates, an exception to the general rule arises. Such a step requires innovation: the installation of energy-saving lamps. In this case, the current decreases by an order of magnitude, the heat is released less than 10 times. Given that the chandeliers are designed for incandescent bulbs, twisting inside the cap looks appropriate. We add that installing a dozen energy-saving light bulbs per month saves at least 150 rubles, which in size approaches the price of one piece( Chinese LED).
Not any new light goes into the cartridge easily. In the picture, the replacement was made due to soot. Played the role of the fact that the base on the E27 did not go into the brainchild of Soviet industry. If it were not for the obvious defect of the cartridge itself, the situation was suggested to be corrected:
- The direct contact is clearly visible in the photo. To gain access, you need to finally remove the cartridge. Unscrew the upper part( in the photo showing the design of the lamp, this has already been done).With the help of a screwdriver, this part is bent up.
- Lunar contact keeps on a single screw. And often located at an angle. This corner needs to be slightly blunt, raising the "horns" of the crescent. Then the terminal will approach the base of the bulb.
After performing the described simple operations( in practice, implemented on the lamp, located clockwise from that shown in the photo), any new light bulb will work normally. Not every cap is so short. For example, in the second luminaire of the described chandelier, a difficult situation is solved by simply replacing the bulb with another, which looks exactly the same. Saved a lot of time. But the lamp shown in the photo turned out to be particularly stubborn: not a single base didn’t fit without improvement.
light bulb. Will it be possible to assemble a chandelier by yourself?
Let's look at a typical design - it includes a glass ceiling lamp that determines the main part of the cost. Previously, the incandescent bulbs were very hot at work. To withstand such heat, appropriate material was required. In addition to glass, there was no alternative. Today, touch the LED bulb with the equivalent of 75 W after an hour of work: it is cold!
Once in London theaters, lighting was performed in the form of gas horns. And when the first electric bulbs began to appear, they were applauded:
- do not spend oxygen;
- does not generate heat.
Chandeliers have changed in accordance with the devices. They began to weigh less, work better. Today it is logical to adjust the production of new ceiling lamps, which is already being done. Look at the picture of the lamp for the bathroom. The base is made of plastic. The incandescent light bulb would simply look dangerous against the background of plastic. The only fact - inside is an LED light bulb. We took into account the nuances before the purchase, it was known in advance that the wall lamp will be energy-efficient light source.
As a result, everything works great. In favor of the choice played a low price in the store at the time of the visit. Similarly done and the ceiling. Chinese lanterns are known to anyone: the paper will not light up at a temperature of 50 degrees Celsius, which LED light dials.
For the design will need:
- Wire for the manufacture of the frame.
- Paper or fabric for every taste and color.
- Scissors for cutting material.
- Soldering iron to carefully assemble the frame of the desired shape.
- Adhesive for imparting a paper or tissue of a digestible appearance.
There are plenty of instructions in the network, we are not going to give a master class here, but appreciate the advantages: the cost of such a chandelier tends to zero. For laying wires it is permissible to use, for example, bamboo rods from the store. On their basis, spirals of incandescent bulbs were made for a long time. Glass ceiling bamboo will not stand. But in our case, the danger of overload simply disappears.
Such a chandelier design is inexpensive, useful, for example, so fashionable nowadays bars that sell sushi. We believe that China will soon realize its prospects in the aforementioned field and will begin to produce cheap chandeliers of decent quality. If only the paper did not fade, given that the intensity of the light flux is considerable.
The main malfunctions of the
chandeliers. We have already revealed the main types of faults in the luminaires: the old bullets often do not include new bulbs. Overheated bakelite, we believe, will soon be a thing of the past. The biggest difficulty will be the breakage of the old wiring from aluminum. In the latter case, it is difficult to build up a piece of sinew. For welding aluminum wires using a torch. The apartment is clearly not an option.
It is possible to use acid for soldering, but the chances that there will be a similar at home are few, and it is rare in the store. It turns out that aluminum is a problematic material. Rosin does not take it, although the usual solder( after surface treatment) can be used. They say that aluminum can be cleaned with sandpaper and so to collect the chandelier, but this is a lie. Conventional mechanical removal of oxide is not enough.
We can not recommend the usual terminal. The only option is to strengthen the terminal firmly on the ceiling. For example, take part of the tire under the din-ruler. Such a terminal plate will serve faithfully not one generation of chandeliers. Dangling aluminum wiring invariably fails. Metal breaks easily.
It's sad when the ceiling is beating. Here it is impossible to pick a practical option. We offer perhaps a Chinese lantern. Evaluate the advantages:
- The design is cheap.
- Easy to assemble.
- Can be made in the style of feng shui.
- The material is chosen the desired color, interesting shape.
- The ability to recreate any style, it all depends on imagination.
They told about the main types of faults chandeliers. Do not forget to put the LED bulbs after revision.