Content of the article:
Now you can’t surprise anyone with exotic fruit candies: pineapples, bananas and other delicacies are in abundance on supermarket shelves. And who would have thought that it is quite possible to make such a tasty meal on your own, using your own “native” ingredients from your own garden. In this case, the costs will be minimal, and the benefits - an order of magnitude higher, because homemade foods always contain more vitamin.
Experienced housewives, putting their wit and imagination, use a variety of fruits and even berries for candied fruits. One of the original options for homemade candied fruit is a delicious currant dessert.
So, how to cook candied currants at home and what do you need, besides berries?
In order to bring currants to readiness, it will need to be boiled, but not just in water, but in sugar syrup. You will need:
- granulated sugar - 1.2 kg;
- purified water - 300 g( 1.5 tbsp.).
This amount of syrup is calculated per kilogram of berries. If there are more, the proportions should be increased accordingly.
Candied fruit can be made from any currant, but more vitamins are found in black berries.
Preparation process step by step
First, make a syrup: pour the sugar into the water, bring to a boil and boil for 1-2 minutes until the sugar has melted completely. Strain.
Now you can do berries:
- Pour off the tails and washed currants into a saucepan.
- Pour hot syrup.
- Boil for five minutes.
- Leave overnight so the berries are infused.
- The next day, cook the currants until ready and fold in a colander to stack the whole syrup. In this state, leave for two hours.
- When the berries have cooled, carefully place them on a baking tray or spaghetti with a spoon, after having sprinkled sugar on it.
- Now it is necessary to wait until the candied fruits are completely dried. It will take at least 5 days.
- Ready-made candied fruits generously powdered in powdered sugar. You can do this with each small dried berry, and you can form small balls of them.
To speed up the procedure, an oven is used to dry the candied fruit, which will reduce the time from 5 days to 3 hours. The temperature at the same time should be set no more than 40 degrees.
Store such a dessert is necessary in glass containers, tightly closed lid, so that they are not damp.