- №1.Advantages and disadvantages of wall decoration with
- №2 fabric. What fabric is better for choosing walls?
- №3.Where is better to use fabric trim?
- №4.Methods of fastening fabric
- №5.How to make a wall taping fabric?
- # 6.How to cover the walls with a cloth?
- №7.How else can you attach the fabric to the wall?
- №8.Manufacturers of wall covering fabrics
To make the interior exclusive and unique, use a variety of wall finishing options. One of the most interesting options - wall decoration fabric. There are various ways and options to realize its mass, since the fabric can be fastened in different ways, using canvases of different colors and patterns, combined with other materials, resulting in a truly original solution. What should be considered when choosing a fabric for finishing walls and what are the ways of its fastening?
№1.Advantages and disadvantages of
fabric wall decoration The steadily growing popularity of fabric wall fabrication is due to a number of advantages of this decor:
- aesthetics and excellent appearance with a huge variety of possible colors and patterns - this is the main plus of such decoration;
- additional heat and sound insulation of the room;
- natural fabric is a breathable material, therefore, will allow you to maintain an optimal microclimate of the room;
- in a similar way can mask the slight imperfections of the walls;
- fabric is elastic, so shrinkage will not be scary;
- no debris when finishing;
- if the fabric is wide, then the number of stitches will be minimal.
Fabric and have significant drawbacks:
- material is able to absorb odors, so it is better to use this finish as far as possible from the kitchen;
- fabric attracts dust, so will need regular care;
- independently cope with the installation of the fabric is somewhat more difficult than wallpaper, although the process can not be called too complicated.
Modern manufacturers offer fabrics that are treated with special compounds, so they absorb less moisture, do not fade, do not attract dust, and can even withstand the effects of moisture, so the minus the finishing touches.
№2.What fabric is better for choosing walls?
Almost any fabric can be used for wall decoration:
- natural. Often used Jacquard, brocade, flax, less often use cotton, silk, satin;
- artificial. The most striking example is viscose;
- synthetic: polyester, polyamide, polypropylene.
Of course, synthetic and artificial fabrics behave much better in use, they do not crumple, do not accumulate static electricity, do not attract dust, almost do not fade, but they are not natural. The best option is blended fabrics, produced partly from natural fibers, partly from synthetic, which allows them to wonderfully show themselves in use and stay breathable.
It is better to purchase a fabric that has undergone a special treatment with in order to be more resistant to sunlight, dust, moisture.
Drawing is better to choose such that it does not tire or irritate your eyes with its diversity. Some fabrics have foam backing, which gives them improved strength properties.
№3.Where is better to use fabric trim?
Considering the properties of the fabric, it will not be possible to call it a universal finish for any room. This material is best used in areas such as:
- living rooms;
Kitchens, hallways, and children’s rooms are all rooms where the walls often get dirty, and since cleaning the material is a very complicated and time consuming process, it’s better to refrain from this type of decoration. However, often the fabric is used for wall decoration in restaurants.
№4.Methods of fastening fabric
Today there are several ways to finish the walls with cloth. The main ones are:
- pasting - the most common option, which is somewhat similar to the installation of wallpaper, so the area of the room is not reduced. In this case, it is better to use light fabrics( muslin or tulle, for example), so the surface of the walls should be leveled and smooth.
- Upholstery .This method requires the construction of the frame, so the space of the room will decrease by a few centimeters, and additional materials will be required, but the main surface can be practically not prepared for finishing, and the wires can be easily positioned behind the fabric;
- drapery .In this case, the textiles will resemble curtains that are familiar to us, only they will cover not a window, but a blank wall or partition. Eaves can be both decorative, and hidden. Sometimes, instead of hidden cornices, sticky tape is used, which subsequently simplifies the process of washing the fabric web. Thus, you can perform as light draperies, and lush, multi-tiered, and even decorate the walls according to the principle of Japanese curtains, so this finish option is great for any type of interior;
- finish part of the wall, niche, creating applications. In this case, the fabric can be attached by one of the methods listed above, but only on a part of the wall. Such a decoration over the head of the bed looks impressive, especially when using the same fabric for both wall decoration and curtains. This way you can zone the space of the room, emphasize interesting elements, for example, niches.
№5.How to make a wall taping fabric?
Of course, the process of installing fabric on walls is not the easiest and alone can not cope with it, but together with an adequate level of accuracy, it is not that difficult to paste over walls with fabric. The main thing is to follow simple tips:
- choose the fabric as wide as possible, ideally the width of the roll should be greater than the height of the room - then the finish will be completely seamless. If the width is not enough, then you need to sew in advance several pieces of fabric to get the canvas of the required size;
- important attention should be paid to the preparation of the walls of the : they should be smooth, even and dry;
- if the material gives a slight shrinkage of , then it is enough to simply iron it, if the shrinkage is strong, then, first of all, it needs to be wetted, dried and ironed, and only then proceed to sewing the webs;
- glue the finished fabric only on the edges of , glue is applied to the wall. It is easier to start from the extreme left side, the width of the glue strip is about 10 cm. If the fabric is heavy, then it is better to use an additional temporary fastening - wooden slats;
- next glue the top edge of the fabric and wait until the glue dries completely, so that you can properly stretch the fabric and glue it first on the right side and then on the bottom;
- is better to take fabric with a reserve of , and after installation, the excess parts can be simply cut;
- you can start gluing on top of , then fasten the fabric on the sides, and then - from the bottom.
Along the edges where the fabric was glued to the wall, air bubbles may form the next day. In this case, it suffices to make punctures and iron iron.
After mounting and drying the fabric, the wall can be decorated with plinths, moldings, baguettes - there is already a matter of taste and the chosen style of the interior.
№6.How to cover the walls with a cloth?
Upholstering or even covering walls with a cloth will require the construction of a frame that can be made of wooden, plastic or even rubber slats. Usually wooden planks are used, and the installation process looks like this:
- ; you need to prepare wooden strips of the required length , 10 mm thick and 50-70 mm wide;
- First, all horizontal strips of the are attached: under the ceiling, above the floor, above the door and window openings;
- then mounted vertical strips , starting from the angle with a step of 0.5-0.6 m;
- to begin to fasten the ironed cloth is necessary from the corner near the ceiling , for fasteners use a stapler or nails, the distance between which should be at the level of 5-10 cm;
- fabric is stretched with great effort , the verticality of the cloth is checked with a plumb, and it must be ensured that no folds form on the fabric;
- fabric allowances after installation, with a screwdriver tucked under the wooden slats.
Instead of wooden slats, you can use a finished PVC profile, thanks to which you can get the most bizarre shapes, although it is quite expensive and is used for fastening polyester.
№7.How else can you attach the fabric to the wall?
Not so often, but still using the method of fastening fabric with nails .In this case, the matter is simply nailed to the wall - easily and securely. Along the edges you can use tolev nails, in the center - with decorative hats.
The draping of walls with fabric is done in the simplest way possible. In this case, it is enough to glue a tape with eyelets to the wall, and sew the second part of the tape with hooks to the canvas. Thus, you can get all sorts of draperies and the most interesting effects. Moreover, the fabric at any moment can be removed and washed.
No. 8.Manufacturers of wall covering fabrics
Of course, no one forbids using any kind of fabric for wall finishing, but to get the best possible result, it is better to use fabrics from the most famous manufacturers, among which it is worth mentioning:
- Bekaert Textiles is a Belgian textile manufacturer. Its wall covering fabrics require a minimum of maintenance, are distinguished by a tight weave and the presence of Teflon coating, which makes the surface as resistant as possible to mechanical damage. The manufacturer claims that its fabrics are resistant to high humidity and can even be used in bathrooms. The range of drawings and patterns is more than decent;
- Creation Baumann - Swiss-made fabrics, which are distinguished by increased strength and mass of various shades and patterns, there is even a fabric with a starry sky effect;
- Sangiorgio is a famous Italian jacquard fabric manufacturer. Production has been operating for more than 40 years, and all this time, traditions and principles remain unchanged: the highest quality and constant expansion of the range. Wall fabrics are presented in several collections, so finding the most suitable design canvas is not so difficult;
- Lesura - French-made fabrics that are made on the basis of cotton, polyester and foam, or cotton and viscose. The rolls have a width of 2.6-2.95 m, so in the absolute majority of premises you can mount the coating seamlessly. All fabrics in the assortment have anti-dust and anti-dust coating, do not fade in the sun, so the company is not afraid to give a guarantee on their products for 10 years. In the assortment of 21 textures and 170 colors;
- Clara Lander is a French manufacturer of fabrics that has been on the market since 1981.Today, its products are used by designers around the world for the design of homes, offices, hotels, restaurants and television studios. The range of colors is impressive: from plain canvases of soothing shades to fabrics imitating the colors of animal skins. All fabrics of the company have antistatic properties, are waterproof, they are treated with anti-mold and anti-bacterial compounds. Stains are easily removed from the surface, there are standard and flame retardant products on sale. It is better to fasten these fabrics to the wall using a frame;
- Bruvatex is a renowned Belgian manufacturer of high quality wall covering fabrics. Canvases with a width of 2.8 m are made from cotton or from a mixture of cotton and viscose, all fabrics are treated with antistatic and anti-combustible compounds, therefore their lifespan is quite long. Attached to the wall on the profile, in the range of a lot of flowers and patterns for every taste. Spots from such a coating are easily removed - the main thing is not to leave them dry.
If you take the fabric from a reliable and reputable manufacturer, then all the disadvantages of finishing the walls with a fabric can be minimized, enjoying only the many advantages.