- Probable factors of dishwasher breakdown
- dishwashers services in search engines support
- Water overflow
- Water heating problems
- Dishwasher repair: no drainDrying does not work in the dishwasher
- Water flows to the floor
Once, like any household appliances, the dishwasher gives a signal of failure: does not respond to the buttonku start, broken drain water, leakage is detected. Do not panic and rush to call specialists. In many cases, you can repair the dishwasher at home by yourself. Below, we will describe in detail the most frequent malfunctions of the home dishwasher, and we will tell you the most reliable ways to repair these breaks with your own hands.
Probable factors of dishwasher breakdownBut what to do when the equipment was acquired relatively recently? If the purchase of a household dishwasher is still fresh, the malfunction factors may be as follows:
- The equipment was poorly assembled or the condition of some parts was already faulty. Often this happens in cheap Chinese manufacturers with a little-known reputation.
- On the dishes, which is loaded inside the machine, there is a lot of uncleaned food. As a result, filters are clogged. When dishes are very dirty, the machine often does not cope, which necessitates additional rinsing of dishes with their own hands.
- The socket for powering the machine does not work. Quite a common cause of malfunction.
- Often, dishwasher repair was originally caused by improper connection of water lines: the drain hose had an unacceptable length, or the cold water hose was not securely attached.
- Unreliable dishwashing detergent used. As a result, the dishes are badly washed away from fat or remain dirty at all.
- If the equipment does not turn on, it is possible that the door did not close properly. The machine starts only when the door is tightly closed until a characteristic click. When the door closes tightly even when the latch is triggered, such faults are at the expense of the manufacturers of this type of kitchen appliances.
- Dishwasher malfunction caused by improper loading of dishes. In this case, the quality of washing cutlery in the upper section and pans on the bottom shelf will deteriorate significantly. Rules of operation of the equipment provide recommendations for the proper loading of dishes and cutlery: the upper section is filled mainly with cups and plates, the bottom - with pots. It is necessary to clarify that the cups and glasses should be laid bottom up.
When these factors are not at the heart of a machine malfunction, it is likely that the reason lies in the failure of specific parts.
Dishwasher badly washes dishes
There is a possibility of the following problem: the machine is set in the correct mode of operation, each indicator is working properly, the sound of water movement is heard, the heating process is not worth it, but the dishes are not washed. There are several reasons why a dishwasher does not do the dishes poorly.
Firstly, the filter located at the very bottom of the washing compartment is often clogged. In such a situation, repairing dishwashers on their own will only consist in removing the filter and cleaning it.
Secondly, the nozzle clogging is equally frequent. The consequence of this will be a weak splashing of hot water or even its absence. Such failures adversely affect the water supply pressure inside the chamber. Consequently, the dishes will be bad to wash out. In such situations, the usual toothpick saves, with which the nozzle holes are cleaned. The “shoulder” of the nozzle itself may also not rotate. In this case, you should pay attention to the circulating pump. Its breakdown is also a frequent occurrence.
Thirdly, as already agreed, a breakdown of the circulating pump happens. Through it, water flows to the nozzles. In this case, repairing dishwashers on their own is somewhat more complicated due to the severity of the breakdown. To adjust the equipment, a complete replacement of the defective part is requiredTo repair the dishwasher with your own hands, you need to open access to the pump located at the bottom of the chamber, disconnect from it all the available communications and fasteners. Then install the serviceable part.
How to understand that the reason for the failure of technology is in the pump? When the water is full, and the machine has calmed down, it is likely that the pump is faulty.
Overflow of water
Such a breakdown is caused by a malfunction of the water level sensor( pressure switch).It is located at the bottom of the machine. You will need to deploy the dishwasher to get to the water level sensor. After that, you can easily replace the serviceable pressure switch. You should also be careful if the element is in the on mode and water enters the chamber unhindered, the solenoid valve is broken. That he should stop the flow of water if necessary. Replacing the solenoid valve with his own hands is not a big deal.
Problems with water heating
When the dishwasher broke and does not heat or overheat water, it is recommended to pay attention to this. In case of overheating, the breakdown lies in the temperature sensor, which is why the water overheats. As a result of this, there is an overabundance of steam and stopping the dishwasher.
If the water does not heat up and remains cold or barely warm, there are several factors that can cause a similar phenomenon:
- the temperature sensor is faulty;
- low water pressure at the nozzles or pump;
- fault TENA( you should make sure that it is working with a multimeter).
Dishwasher Repair: the drain does not work
When the dishwasher is working properly, but the waste water doesn’t drain well or completely accumulates inside the washing compartment, the fault may be hidden in the drainage pump and therefore there is no drainage.
. To eliminate this problem with your own hands, you should conduct a detailed inspection of the pump for clogging and winding resistance. The stagnation of water in the machine can happen precisely because of the clogging of the pump. When it is found that there is no debris in the pump, it is necessary to inspect all drainage communication, not excluding the siphon. Most likely, the drainage channel could be blocked. In this case, you should simply remove all blocking elements.
Sometimes a dishwasher does not drain, because the position of the drain hose in relation to the level of the machine is too high. After turning off the pump, a part of the used water flows back into the cleaning compartment of the machine.
strikes the body when the dishwasher is turned on, and an electric current passes to the body of the equipment, we can most likely assume that the cause of the breakdown lies in the failure of the heating heating element. It is possible to correct such a violation with your own hands if you carefully inspect the heating elements for superficial damage. If they are found, the heater should simply be replaced with a new one.
Causes such damage most often too hard water properties. In addition, the heating heater often breaks when the starting relay does not turn on well.
Dishwasher does not take away detergents
Frequent defects in the operation of such equipment can be a poor selection of detergents, liquid or in the form of tablets. The reason for this may also be a weak water pressure or failure of the nozzle, which leads to a weak ingress of water into the dispenser. In addition, it is not uncommon for a mechanical valve that controls the leaching of detergents to break. Due to the poor performance of the valve that allows water to pass through, the agent often remains closed to water. Consequently, the quality of washing dishes is reduced.
No power supply
When there is no indicator light or the dishwasher does not turn on when you press a button, you should check several breakdowns:
- outlet failure;
- door did not close completely, automatic door lock does not work;
- network button is triggered;
- network filter failure.
In each of the proposed options, using a multimeter, you must check the entire electrical circuit for defects. Excluding non-defective parts, a broken part is found.
Unusual work sounds
The presence of extraneous noise may indicate a damaged motor or pump bearing. A bearing breakage causes moisture to penetrate through worn seals. As a result of such violations, there is an unnatural sound for the dishwasher. To correct such a defect with your own hands, you will need to replace both the bearing itself and the damaged oil seal. Otherwise, such a breakdown will happen again soon.
Drying does not work in the dishwasher
For many modern models of dishwashers the function of drying clean dishes is typical. This process is carried out by an injection fan installed in the washing chamber. When the machine is working properly, but does not dry the washed dishes, the fan is probably faulty. To fix such a break with your own hands, you should carefully inspect the power supply wires and the winding of this part. If necessary, the fan should be replaced with a new one.
Read also: Repairing kitchen hoods with your own hands
Water leaks onto the floor
Another of the most common breakdowns of dishwashers is body leakage. There is a possibility of one or several reasons:
- Sealing tape, located around the perimeter of the door, is leaky. Closing density reduced. It is necessary to replace bad seals or clean them of plaque.
- The pump seal may also be damaged. Then the seal must be replaced.
- Not high-quality strengthening of drain and water-injecting communications. At the junctions occur leakage.
- In the side of all dishwashers there is a water storage tank. In some cases, it can leak. In such situations, it must be replaced, since it cannot be repaired.
In order to accurately detect leaks, it is necessary to completely detach the body of the dishwasher. Then under it you need to decompose blank sheets of paper. At the places of flow there will be visible drops of water falling on the paper.