- How an
- Household Refrigerator Works Primary Diagnostics of an
- Refrigerator We Detect Minor Problems
- Serious Problems with the
- Refrigerator No Frost
- Refrigerator Handling of
refrigeration equipment Sometimes home appliances have a problem that the problem is set, when the problem is not the same, as the result of the situation, the problem is not the problem, the problem is not the same, as the result of the problem, the problem will come to the problemIt seems that the refrigerator did not break, but it performs its functions poorly.
This situation is not only unpleasant for the owner, but can also be quite dangerous. If you let the situation take its course, the refrigerator can break completely, and the repair will cost you a pretty penny. Yes, and non-compliance with the temperature regime can not only drive additional costs, but also seriously harm the health of the household. Wait for it is not worth it. It is best to find a fault at the first sign, find out its cause and take appropriate measures.
Household Refrigerator Works Before finding out why the refrigerator began to freeze badly, it's worth talking about how the refrigerator works and works. In principle, nothing complicated about it. The domestic refrigerator system includes 4 main components:
- connecting tube system.
A special gas, the refrigerant, circulates in a hermetically sealed system. It has a low t˚C of evaporation and boiling. When the refrigerant expands, it absorbs heat, and when compressed it returns it by condensation.
Refrigerant in domestic refrigerators is usually freon. It is an absolutely harmless, non-flammable substance. Liquid refrigerant enters the capillary tube under pressure, and then into the evaporator, where it begins to “absorb” heat. As a result, the surface of the refrigerator cools down. This process is repeated from the beginning to the set temperature in the refrigerator. Next, the temperature controller triggers, which opens the electrical circuit and forces the compressor to stop. The thermostat is necessary to protect the compressor from overload and save electricity.
After some time, when t˚С in the refrigerating chamber rises again, the circuit closes again and the cycle repeats again.
Primary Diagnostics of the Refrigerator
If you notice that the refrigerator does not freeze food or become ill do it, first of all, conduct a visual diagnostics of the device. Sometimes the malfunction may not be related to breakage, but is a consequence of the carelessness of the owners.
- To begin with, make sure that the refrigerator is level, there are no distortions and nothing hinders the closing of the door.
- Check if the refrigerator is plugged into a separate outlet or is working through a tee or extension cable. Sometimes the reason that the refrigerator has stopped freezing normally is that there is no good contact between the plug and the socket.
- Attentively examine the button with an inscription "Defrosting".In some models of refrigerators, the button may be accidentally clamped with improper placement of products.
- Examine the thermostat. If the room is very hot, and the freezer is running at maximum, it is likely that the refrigerator simply does not cope with such a load. This is especially true of refrigerators with one compressor. In such units, the refrigerator compartment operates according to the “residual principle”.That is, first the set temperature is reached in the freezer and only after that the refrigerating compartment begins to cool. What to do? To solve the problem, set the temperature in the freezer to -10 - 12˚C, and in the refrigeration compartment, move the thermostat handle to the middle position.
- If you have a No Frost refrigerator, pay attention to the fan in the freezer. If it froze and does not work, then the cold will no longer flow into the refrigerated compartment. Disassemble the freezer for this is not needed, just listen carefully. If you do not hear a low, uniform buzz with the freezer door open, defrost the refrigerator for 10–12 hours. This time is enough to completely melt the ice and the situation returned to normal.
Identify minor problems
If none of the above actions yielded results, then it is time to look for the reasons because of which the refrigerator stopped freezing. All breakdowns of the domestic refrigerator can be divided into two groups: small and large. To begin, let's talk about small faults, the repair of which is relatively inexpensive. So, if the refrigerator works, but does not freeze, pay attention to its "weak" places.
Seal Has Dryed A special rubber seal is located around the perimeter of the refrigerator door. It serves to ensure the integrity of the refrigerating and freezing chambers. It depends on how tightly it adjoins the door whether additional heat will not enter the compartment from the outside. If it dried out, cracked and stopped tightly adhering to the door - then you need to replace the seal with a new one.
thermostat is broken. To determine such a breakdown you will have to use a tester. With the fridge on, “ring out” the node. If there is no voltage, the part will have to be replaced with a new one. Read on our website how to replace the thermostat in the refrigerator.
Overheating of the motor
If the light is on in the refrigerator and the temperature does not drop, touch the engine. It is likely that due to the high temperature, it overheated, the thermal protection worked and the motor turned off. This is another reason why the refrigerator began to freeze badly.
Turn off the refrigerator and thaw it completely. Make sure the engine has completely cooled down and turn on the refrigerator again. If it worked, move the refrigerator away from the wall and other objects so that the motor can cool better.
Place an ordinary household thermometer in the refrigerator chamber and compare its value with the reading from the temperature sensor after a time. If they do not match, the sensor will have to be changed.
Serious malfunctions of the
refrigerator. If the refrigerator does not freeze, you didn’t find any small “sores”, then everything is much more serious. Most likely, the failure is associated with one of the main nodes.
Failure of the
fan motor. If this happens, you will not have to search long. The fact is that the fan motor produces a very distinctive sound during operation, a uniform hum. If you do not hear it - the breakdown is obvious. It is likely that he is just cold. But if prolonged defrosting did not help, you will have to call the master.
compressor burned out. If your refrigerator has only one compressor, you will immediately detect a breakdown. Neither the freezing nor the refrigerating compartment will freeze. Most likely, next to the refrigerator you will soon find a large puddle.
But if you have a two-compressor refrigerator, the problem can be noticed not immediately. In such models for each department has its own compressor. That is why the freezer can work normally, and in the refrigerator compartment it will be warm. Be that as it may, replace the compressor yourself, without the help of a specialist, you are unlikely to succeed.
Clogging of the cooling system
Sometimes the filter drier, through which the motor oil flows, is clogged with mining or burnt particles. A good master will quickly determine the fault. Also, the system of thin tubes, through which the refrigerant circulates, is often clogged. To eliminate such damage without special equipment is impossible. It is necessary to thoroughly purge the tube under pressure and refuel the freon.
If you notice that, although the engine is running, the condenser stays cold all the time, it means that freon has leaked and the refrigerator drives air. Another sign of such a breakdown is rusty drips inside the freezer located below. Leakage can be caused by microscopic cracks in the evaporator. That is why it is strictly forbidden to “help” the refrigerator with defrosting, scrape snow and break off pieces of ice in the freezer.
Microcracks could also be formed due to the strong vibration of the refrigerator, if it is installed unevenly. If you recently moved the refrigerator, the tubes between the compressor and the evaporator probably broke. In general, there can be many reasons.
If the crack is implicit, it cannot be detected without a special device. In addition, in order for the refrigerator to work normally, after soldering, the system needs to be refilled with freon.
Refrigerator No Frost
Do you have a No Frost system refrigerator? There is another reason why No Frost does not cool the refrigerator. In units with a dry freezing system, sometimes a heater burns out. This node is needed in order to periodically defrost the cooling system. If the heaters are burned, the fan will freeze in ice. To fix the problem, the refrigerator should be thoroughly defrosted and replaced with a thermal electric heater.
Rules for handling refrigeration
Of course, it is impossible to completely rid the refrigerator of faults. But, following some rules, you can postpone the onset of trouble:
- never put warm or hot foods in the refrigerator;
- once or twice a year clean the back side of the refrigerator with a vacuum cleaner and a damp sponge;this must be done very carefully so as not to damage the tubes and wires;
- plug the refrigerator in an individual outlet, so as not to disturb the wire when turning on other household appliances;
- disconnecting the device for defrosting, first turn the thermostat to the position "0", and then remove the plug from the outlet;
- place the unit away from the stove, radiator and sink - the presence of an additional source of heat near the refrigerator creates additional load;
- move the unit away from the wall and other objects by at least 5 cm - this will create normal conditions for proper cooling of the compressor.