- №1.What features of the stretch ceiling should be considered?
- №2.What lamps for stretch ceiling are?
- №3.Fastening type fixtures
- №4.Types of lamps, or Which light source is better
When T. Edison invented the incandescent lamp, it was considered a great luxury to have a miracle of technology and a strange novelty in the house. Only one and a half hundred years have passed since then, but mankind has become much more demanding. Just one light bulb or chandelier in the center of the ceiling is often not enough. Lighting began to play not only a functional, but also a decorative role, to emphasize the features of the interior, to divide the space into zones. This is a whole science! When it comes to conventional ceiling, you can use any fixtures, but with the tension structures everything is somewhat more complicated. Here it is necessary to take into account their features and try to maximize the beauty of the surface. It is time to figure out which fixtures for the stretch ceiling to choose, how to arrange them and which light bulbs to use.
№1.What features of the stretch ceiling should be considered?
If you take into account some nuances, then with a stretch ceiling you can use lighting devices of any shapes and types. Cloth tension structures made of fabric or film. The fabric is more resistant to temperature effects, but the film with a constant heating above 600C may turn yellow, crack and lose the elasticity of .
In order to serve the stretch ceiling as long as possible, consider the following nuances when selecting fixtures:
- fixtures should emit a small amount of heat;
- is better to use energy-saving and LED lamps, which are characterized by minimal heating during operation;
- if you can not do without incandescent bulbs, then their maximum power should be 60 watts. The maximum power of halogen lamps - 30 W;
- for incandescent lamps and halogen lamps, there is also a limitation on the distance from the ceiling surface - it is 30 cm, and better than 40 cm.
The installation scheme of for all lamps must be thought out in advance. In this case, it will be possible to effectively carry out the preparatory work and mount all the necessary fasteners. The luminaires will not be attached to the fabric of the tension structure, but to the main ceiling, but in the canvas itself, the necessary holes are simply made, which are then carefully made out. Thermal insulating rings are becoming an additional protection for the web from overheating.
№2.What lamps for stretch ceiling are?
All lamps that are used together with suspended ceilings can be divided into the following types:
- spot lighting;
- LED strip;
- raster fixtures;
- ceiling "starry sky".
The chandelier in the center of the ceiling. is a classic of the genre. It can be made in the form of a plate, be on a long suspension, or consist of several suspended ceiling lamps arranged in a row. If you plan to use incandescent or halogen lamps, keep in mind safe power and distance. In addition, it is desirable that the design features of the chandelier should be such that the ceiling with the lamps were directed sideways or down, but not into the ceiling. can be used with chandeliers with stretch ceilings, but you have to buy fluorescent or LED bulbs. In principle, when using lamps that do not heat up, the design of the lamp can be absolutely anything - good, the choice in the shops is so huge that you can get confused and confused.
The problem may arise if you want to install a luxurious crystal chandelier on the suspension. Candle lamps such chandeliers almost abut the ceiling. Of course, you can install conditionally cold energy-saving lamps, but crystal looks best only under the light of ordinary incandescent lamps. The only way out is to increase the length of the suspension in order to achieve a safe distance between the lamps and the ceiling of 30-40 cm, but this is possible only when the ceilings in the apartment are high enough.
In the case of , if you have an glossy ceiling in which everything is well reflected, like in a mirror, then when choosing a chandelier you should pay attention to how it looks from all sides, since the reflection will clearly show thatusually we are not visible.
The spotlights and stretch ceilings have already become an inseparable pair, as their combination looks, indeed, very attractive. Such lamps can be used as the main light, if there are many of them in the room, but they are usually installed to illuminate some area in the room. Spotlights save when the ceiling height is critically low. They have a low angle of light scattering( about 30 degrees), so for a normal illumination of a room or part of it, you need to install 1 device for every 1.5-2 m2 of area. The shape and size of such lamps can be anything - the choice is extremely large.
Spotlights can be installed:
- above the ceiling level , provided that a light-transmitting film is used. Thanks to this arrangement, you can achieve a soft ceiling lighting from above or a flicker effect, you can also create various lighting effects;
- at the ceiling level, when the luminaire and the ceiling form one flat solid surface;
- just below the level when using lamps with a sticking out light bulb. If you select the appropriate design, it will be possible to change the angle of incidence of light by tilting the lamp.
The LED strip is mainly used for decorative purposes. It consumes a minimum of energy, gives a soft cozy glow and is usually mounted along the contour of the ceiling, between the ceiling plinth and the ceiling, or it is used to focus attention on individual elements.
Another option for decorative lighting is the so-called “starry sky”. Technology allows you to perfectly simulate the glow and twinkling of stars, so an incredible atmosphere is created in the room. Such illumination is realized due to fiber-optic LEDs, which are connected to the light generator located above the tension structure. LEDs may not be output through the ceiling and project light onto the inside surface of the ceiling: during the day, the ceiling remains completely smooth, and magic comes at night. Another option - bringing out the ends of the threads with LEDs. The most expensive option is to embed the diodes in Swarovski stones, thanks to which the light begins to be refracted especially beautifully, perfectly imitating radiant stars.
Separately select raster fixtures , which are easily recognizable by their characteristic cellular metal construction. Typically, these lamps are used in suspended ceilings, but sometimes they are found in tension structures, although they are still rare. This is a more office and rigorous option that would only be appropriate to look in large rooms.
It is not necessary to dwell on only one type of lighting: the chandelier can be combined with a spot light or LED strip, and the spotlights can be installed together with the “starry sky”.
№3.Type of mounting fixtures
Installation of fixtures is done by hand or with the help of experts - it all depends on your skills and complexity of work.
Chandeliers are mounted one of the following ways:
- ceiling version involves installing a reinforcing strip before installing the canvas, then the lamp is fixed to the base on the screws. This is not a very popular option;
- pendant mount for mounting chandeliers are used more often. Before the installation of the blade, it will be necessary to fix the reinforcement hook in the place of installation of the future chandelier. After the tensioning structure is mounted, a chandelier is hung on the hook. A hole is made in the canvas in the appropriate place, which is then reinforced with a special ring.
Spotlights by installation method are:
- overhead lamps. Before installing them, install adjustable racks and supply power. After the web is stretched, set the thermal rings, which will interfere with the heat exchange between the lamps and the film. You can install swivel and fixed models, externally, they will be slightly below the ceiling;
- recessed lamps are installed in a similar way, but they form a single plane with the web. Such products are distinguished by a spring-type fastening: after the lamp is installed in a pre-prepared hole, the spring straightens, which allows it to press tightly against the ceiling. Externally, the lamp is decorated with a decorative overlay. For recessed fixtures between the tension and the main ceiling, it is necessary to provide a technical gap of about 7 cm.
№4.Types of lamps, or Which light source is better than
luminaires in stretch ceilings can be equipped with any light sources, but this does not eliminate the need to weigh the pros and cons of all options and choose the best: incandescent bulbs are the most uneconomical among all. They have low efficiency, so most of the energy is converted into heat, which imposes restrictions on their use with film stretch ceilings. Such lamps are usually installed in pendant chandeliers, but it is necessary to remember about the limitation in power: it is 60 watts, but some recommend using lamps not more powerful than 45 watts. Such lamps are usually not placed in spotlights, but if you have a fabric stretch ceiling, then you can find a compromise and take a mirror-coated light bulb; halogen lamps are somewhat more economical than incandescent bulbs, produce bright and intense light, but are limited in the range of colors of the radiation. Such lamps emit less heat, serve twice as long as ordinary incandescent lamps, but they are still better used in suspended structures. Usually, together with halogen lamps, an additional transformer is required, but such light bulbs, when installed with a heat reflector forward, make it possible to create interesting visual effects; energy-saving fluorescent lamps , by their very name, suggest that they use energy carefully. In addition, they are durable and do not overheat, so they can be embedded in pendant, overhead and recessed fixtures. Such lamps differ in relatively large size, so they can not be installed in every lamp. If the lamp is positioned in such a way that it constantly comes into view, then it is better to choose a dark light reflector type lamp with a soft light beam; LED lamps - one of the most modern solutions today. In them, electricity is immediately transformed into light radiation, due to which high efficiency and durability are achieved. LED lamps are several times more economical than incandescent lamps, and a couple of times more economical than fluorescent lamps. Some manufacturers give a guarantee on their products up to 10 years. In addition, these lamps are practically not heated, are available in different colors and have a soft light without the effect of flicker. As a rule, the LED light source is already built into the lamp - these are reliable, more durable and economical products, but then you will have to change the whole lamp, and not just a light bulb. You can find lamps that allow the replacement of the LED element: you can always replace the lamp with a more powerful one, although the durability of such products is lower; fiber optic fibers are used only to create a starry sky effect. They differ in low heat emission, but do not give a lot of light - this is decorative lighting. Optical fiber is expensive, durable, and thanks to various nozzles, it allows to imitate flickering or flames on the ceiling.
It is best to combine different types of lamps and lamps: it will be easier to create the necessary lighting in each area of the room, quickly change the furnishings and select individual parts of the space. To have complete control over the light, you can equip the lamps with a rheostat and adjust the intensity of the lighting.