№3.Plaster №4.Fabric №5.Decorative stone №6.Wooden lining №7.Laminate №8.Cork coating №9.MDF-panel №10. soft wall panels Other options At the end of
- What paint can be used to paint the walls in the bedroom?
When designing the bedroom walls, it is better to focus on the environmental friendliness of finishing materials than on their practicality. There is no high humidity in the bedroom, splashes of fat and water, as in some other areas of the apartment, but this is a place of rest, therefore materials should be as safe and natural . In addition, due attention should be paid to decorative qualities, as well as the color scheme, because the use of flashy shades in the bedroom is inappropriate. So, what materials are most suitable for bedroom decoration?
Wallpapers for the bedroom walls are used most often, because they have the proper diversity and allow you to create any kind of interior in the room.
Almost everyone will be able to handle wallpapering, and the range is amazing.
For sale it is easy to find smooth and embossed wallpapers, as well as wallpapers that repeat the texture of wood, stone or other materials. Wall-paper can be monophonic or with pattern, have different density and differ in some operational qualities: water resistance, ability to withstand washing, etc. It is not so important for the bedroom that the wallpaper can be washed - it is better to focus on the most natural materials.
- ’s paper wallpapers are great for the bedroom, especially if the room is not too sunny, otherwise they will quickly fade. This is an affordable material in a huge variety of colors. Paper wallpaper breathe, providing a healthy microclimate indoors, can be embossed, provide additional heat and sound insulation.
- Vinyl wallpaper has better performance, but almost all types are not able to pass air, except for wallpaper using solid vinyl , but it is quite expensive and unallocated type of finish.
- A great option for the bedroom - non-woven wallpaper : they are environmentally friendly, breathable, simple to stick, but require a perfectly flat original surface.
- textile wallpaper is not bad for a bedroom: fabric threads are fastened on the basis of paper. The result is an environmentally friendly coating with good heat and sound insulation, which is important for a rest room. In addition, they are pleasant to the touch and presented in a wide range. However, this material is able to attract dust, so you need to pay attention to the wallpaper with a special impregnation, and after installation, carefully care for the coating. Similar properties are typical for carpet wallpaper.
- There are also cork wallpapers and wallpaper based on wood veneer. This is a natural finish, which increases the heat and sound insulation in the room, creates warmth and comfort in the bedroom.
- Metal wallpaper in the bedroom is better not to use - they do not breathe. The way out of the situation is to combine them with other, more eco-friendly types of finishes.
- The glass curtains in the bedroom are used less frequently, but in vain: they have excellent performance, they can be repainted several times, they are able to pass air.
- The liquid wallpaper also shows itself well, with which you can create a seamless surface.
- Wallpaper on the basis of serpyanka , which in terms of naturalness can compete with cork wallpaper.
- The wallpaper is also back in fashion , which has a raised surface and fits perfectly into classic interiors.
- We should also mention wallpaper , for which the bedroom is an ideal room. With their help, the room can give the desired atmosphere, and even visually enlarge a small bedroom.
Paint the walls in the bedroom - this is one of the most simple and budget finishes, but it is not the worst. The advantages of using wall paints for the bedroom are many:
- the ability to choose the right shade of paint to create the dream interior;
- on the paint is more difficult than on the wallpaper, leave scratches, which is important if there are small children or animals at home;
- , if there are complex architectural elements in the bedroom, such as arches or niches, it will be much easier to finish;
- ease of dyeing and repainting;
- paint - a great background for photos or paintings, if you plan to make them your bedroom decoration.
Among the cons of paint use is the need to carefully prepare the surface of the walls, because they must be perfectly smooth. Not all paints after drying form a surface that can be washed, so the need for this property must be taken into account.
Paint may have a matte or glossy surface. Although the gloss is able to slightly mask the defects of the walls, but for the bedroom is not very suitable because of the formation of a lot of glare from light sources. It is better to choose matte paint soothing shades. In the room you can combine different colors of paint, highlighting, for example, the wall at the head of the bed. This technique allows not only to make the interior more interesting, but also to visually adjust the geometry of the room.
What paint can be used to paint the walls in the bedroom?
To finish the bedroom walls, you can use not all paint types .So, oil just will not work: though it is not expensive, it has a strong smell and a high probability of cracking. acrylic paints , which can be tinted at its discretion, and water-based, , which can withstand weak and rare washing, are excellent. Also, water dispersion and latex paints have proved to be a good idea.
Plaster is great for the bedroom, and it can be used indoors with any interior: from classic to minimalism. Advantages of decorative plaster mass:
- the uniqueness of the coating, because it is impossible to repeat the pattern exactly;
- most types of plasters are easy to apply;
- decorative plaster allows you to mask some defects of the walls;
- environmental friendliness;
- solidity of the final coverage;
- ease of care.
In addition, it is easier to decorate bedrooms with arches, various projections and other architectural elements with the help of decorative plaster. Of the minuses of the , you can only select a high price, but taking into account the durability and uniqueness, the value is quite justified.
According to the type of filler, plasters are different, and they are all equally suitable for use in the bedroom. The most affordable option - textured plaster , the filler in which can be small pebbles, mica or sawdust, they give the surface volume. In structural plaster , quartz particles play the role of a filler: the final surface does not have such a bulky relief, but if you use filler particles slightly larger, you can get a mosaic effect on the walls. In Venetian plaster filler are small particles of marble, due to which it turns out to achieve a smooth shiny surface, which looks very much like a real stone.
The walls in the bedrooms were trimmed with fabric several centuries ago. Thus, you can create an atmosphere of comfort and warmth, and since has a huge variety of fabrics, , there are a lot of design options. Fabrics with patterns and embroidery are suitable for bedrooms decorated in a classic style, and for more modern interiors light monochrome canvases. It is best to use linen and cotton for such finishing, but furniture fabrics are also suitable. Externally, the finish of the fabric resembles the finishing of fabric wallpaper.
Of the minuses of of this option is the accumulation of dust with a cloth, which means that the walls will have to be carefully and regularly vacuumed. But the finishing of the fabric will allow you to create an original interior, and the walls will become a little more warm and soundproof.
Decorative stone is often used to decorate rooms, and the bedroom is no exception. material can imitate almost any natural stone: sandstone, granite, marble, look like brick, etc. At the same time it is much easier, cheaper and easier to install than its natural counterpart.
Decorative stone has excellent performance, it is durable and durable, does not emit any harmful substances. It is better to use such finishing in combination with paint or plaster, for example. So, stone can be laid out part of the wall above the bed, around the window or other elements in the room, but if you finish all the walls in this way, you cannot create a cozy interior - something like a room in a medieval castle will come out.
If you want to create the most relaxing and comfortable atmosphere in the bedroom, then it is better not to find any material than natural wood. For walls, you can use wooden wall paneling. It is made from natural wood: pine is the cheapest option, but at the same time such material looks great and shows itself well in use. The main advantages of wood paneling include:
- natural and environmentally friendly, which is so important for a rest room. In addition, wood gives a pleasant aroma, creates a unique microclimate, can maintain an optimal level of humidity;
- excellent appearance. Depending on the tree species chosen, the color and texture may differ: spruce and pine, for example, have a yellow tint, larch - brownish;
- relative ease of installation;
- durability. The service life of such finishes can reach 50 years with proper care;
- additional heat and sound insulation.
It should be noted that the natural wood is sensitive to moisture , but there is no source in the bedroom, so this disadvantage can be ignored if you do not live on the last floor right under the roof. In addition, the tree is subject to pest , so it must be covered with protective agents.
It is worth noting that there is the budget alternative to wooden wall paneling - plastic .It can repeat the texture of any wood or other material, but it is still undesirable to use it in the bedroom. Firstly, it is difficult to call it environmentally friendly, and, secondly, it is not very durable, and even a gentle blow can violate its integrity.
Laminate can be used not only as a finish for the floor. Today this material is widely used for cladding walls, and even ceilings. Thanks to the laminate, the walls in the bedroom are beautiful, strong and durable. The main advantages of the laminate include:
- a huge range of drawings and textures, you can choose the material of the desired shade to create the necessary interior;
- relative ease of installation;
- no harmful fumes, so this type of finish can be used in the bedroom.
However, laminate is susceptible to the effects of moisture and temperature fluctuations, but such effects in the bedroom are not observed, so this material is well suited for these conditions. To save money, you can use a laminate of class 21-31: it is designed for rooms with a minimum load on the floor, and it fits perfectly for walls.
cork coating The main advantage of this coating is its environmental friendliness .It is made from cork bark, and for the decoration of walls use the above-mentioned cork wallpaper, as well as sheets and canvas .In addition to naturalness and environmental friendliness, cork has a lot of other advantages :
- low weight, which makes transportation and installation more simple;
- sound and thermal insulation properties;
- high strength and wear resistance;
- ease of installation;
- on the cork surface does not accumulate dust, which facilitates the care of the coating.
Cork has such disadvantages as are vulnerable to moisture, abrasive materials, there are dents from heavy objects on it, but the walls of the bedroom are not affected by all these effects. Only one drawback remains - the high price, but for all in-kind you have to pay.
MDF-panels MDF-panels are widely used today for finishing various kinds of premises, because they have perfectly proved themselves in operation, have an excellent appearance and at an affordable price are analogous to more expensive materials, because they perfectly imitate them. MDF boards are much more environmentally friendly than chipboard, because they are made of very small wooden chips, which, when heated, release lignin - the main binder. In contrast, in the manufacture of fiberboard, epoxy resins are used as a binder.
Today uses tiled, batten and sheet panels for wall cladding, they can have a relief surface, which results in a complete imitation of wooden wall paneling. The surface of the panels can be finished in different ways: is painted, veneered or laminated. The material can imitate any kind of wood, stone, or other materials, be monophonic, but with a pronounced relief, so with its help you can realize any interior idea.
To the main advantages of MDF-panels:
- safety and environmental friendliness;
- high strength and durability;
- low price;
- huge variety of colors and textures;
- easy installation;
- ease of care.
Unfortunately, there are also :
- is heavy;
- low fire resistance;
- if you need to attach accessories to the wall or items of hanging furniture, you will have to use special mounts.
soft wall panels A relatively modern type of wall decoration - soft panels that have a characteristic relief. Their surface is made of of any type of fabric, leather, eco-leather and other nonwoven materials. The main feature of this type of finish is a soft and slightly convex surface. As a rule, such panels consist of three layers: hard plastic at the base, sound insulation in the center, and the outer layer is fabric or leather.
The main advantages of soft wall panels:
- unique appearance;
- excellent sound and heat insulation qualities;
- hide small irregularities of the original surface;
- relatively easy installation;
- variety of shapes and colors;
- pleasant tactile sensations.
There are and disadvantages:
- high price;
- soft panels are easily damaged, and at the same time the damaged element will have to be replaced;
- soft panels strongly attract dust, and in the embossed parts of it accumulates even more, so care is needed careful and regular.
A good option is to use soft wall panels for the accent wall in the bedroom: in this case, the cost of finishing will be less, and the room will look cozy and stylish.
Of course, you can use other materials for the implementation of all imaginable and unimaginable design aids to decorate the walls of the bedroom. Sometimes even the most unpredictable materials can be used as an : corks from wine, belts, pebbles, etc. A good idea is to use slate paint to finish one wall or part of it, and then you can change the mood of the room depending on the picture.
There is also a mass of modern materials for decorating walls. So, recently appeared fluorescent wallpaper , on which in the dark appears the light pattern, which lasts up to 12 hours, gradually fading away. Such wallpapers are charged from any light source, and during the day they look like quite a normal coating.
In addition, walls can be decorated, for example, with vinyl stickers , creating a certain atmosphere in the bedroom. It is very easy to glue and remove such stickers, and the effect of them is amazing.
At the end of
When choosing finishing materials for the walls of the bedroom, first of all, you need to pay attention to environmental friendliness, as well as the appearance and how well the decoration fits into the interior of the room. You can not dwell on any one variant of finishing, but combine several in one bedroom: paint and decorative stone, plaster and photo wallpaper, paint and soft panels, etc. Fashionable interior trend of recent years - the selection of the accent wall using a different finishing material or the same material, but a different shade.