How to get and replace the pump in the washing machine
The pump( pump) in the washing machine plays an important role - it pumps out the water from the tank. If the pump stops working, the machine will not be able to wash things normally. Different models have different access points to the pump. In any case, you need to make repairs so that you have to remove as few parts as possible.
Removing the pump through the bottom of the
It is easy to understand that the pump does not work: the machine does not drain or badly drains water, and noise can be heard from the location of the pump. Let's see why it fails? The pump consists of a motor, filter and snail. The coil of the motor rarely burns out, most often the cause of breakage is wear of the bearing of the drain pump, sometimes the snail leaks. To make repairs, you need to get the pump, disassemble, check the cochlea and, if necessary, replace the kit.
Consider the case when the replacement is made through the bottom of the washing machine. The situation is applicable to the Italian brands Ardo, Сandy, Indesit, Ariston, American Whirlpool, South Korean Samsung, LG and some other models. The sequence of actions will be as follows:
- Disconnect the washing machine from the mains and turn off the water tap.
- Next, put the machine on its side so that the angle in which the drain pump is located is on top. We do this carefully so as not to damage the case.
- Remove the lower front panel.
- Disconnect the pump from the case by unscrewing the screws.
- We prepare the tank to collect water that flows from the nozzles into it.
- Loosen the clamps with a key and release the supply and drain connections.
- Disconnect the wires.
- Replace the old drain pump with a new one.
- We assemble the machine in the reverse order and check its operation by running the wash.
In any washing machine, the pump, the drain pipe and the hose are connected in one system, which is called a snail. The fastening of the pump on the cochlea depends on its model. It can only be fixed with screws, only with latches or in a combination way. The latches are unbent and the screws are unscrewed.
The position of the drain pump must be remembered or photographed. Before replacing the seat must be cleaned of dirt. If necessary, the pipes can be lubricated with sealant and wait until the sealant dries.
Replacing through the front and side wall of the
In such German brands as the elite AEG, the popular Hansa, always claimed by Bosch and Siemens, the replacement is carried out through the front of the case. In this case, it is more difficult to get it, because it is necessary to release the cuff, removing the collar, pull out the dispenser, remove the front panel. In fact, a significant part of the washing machine is disassembled, although there is a plus: it does not need to be turned over on its side. In order not to get lost in the actions, we advise you to take pictures of the stages of the whole process or shoot it on camera. Then the replacement of the pump will take place without unpleasant surprises.
Act slowly, carefully, so as not to lose the bolts and do not tear the wires. In the same way as in the previous description, do not forget to insert a container under the nozzles or place a rag.
Hansa has no need to detach the front wall. Only the lower( socle) panel is removed after unscrewing the bolts.
In a top-loading washing machine, the pump is replaced through one of the side covers. First, unscrew the fastening screws, then move the wall back and down, remove it, disconnect the wires and change the pump.
In the Zanussi and Electrolux machines, the bottom and the front of the case are not removable, so replacement is carried out through the back wall.
- Drain the water in a bowl by disconnecting the hose and lowering it.
- Remove the screws holding the upper part, slide it slightly forward and remove.
- Unscrew the screws on the back of the washing machine, from the sides, and the screws that secure the water supply valve cover. After that, the back cover can be easily removed.
- Loosen the wires connected to the pump.
- Remove the entire system( pump and nozzles).
- Disconnect the pump and change it to a new one.
As you can see, the main difference is how to get to the drain pump. If you have an expensive or new washing machine, the replacement should be carried out by a specialist.