Automatic washing machine - an indispensable household appliance for modern man. But it can fail after a few years of active service. If the problem occurs at the stage of pumping or draining the water, it could be a pump failure, providing these two functions before washing and after its completion.
The failed pump for a washing machine can be repaired or replaced.
The content of the article:
- Types of pumps, washing machines
- Symptoms and causes of breakdowns
- Selection of pump repair stiralki
The procedure for replacing an old pump with a new
- Tools and components
- Replacing the pump in popular stiralka
- Nuances replacement models of the German brand
- Conclusions and useful videos on the topic
Types of pumps, washing machines
The washing machines used by more than fifty varieties of pumps, have certain structural differences.
All of them are divided into two types:
- Circulation. Ensure the movement of water in the car. Mounted on costly devices, e.g., "Bosch", "Siemens" and "Hansa".
- Drain. Pumped water after each of the washing stages and after rinsing.
Many popular models use a pump that performs the function of pumping and draining.
Pump for pumping / circulating / drain water formed on the electromagnetic basis. In stiralka dryer besides these pumps there is also made in the form of a small motor with an impeller (fan).
The pump design is quite simple, consisting of the stator, the rotor and impeller. The rotor rotates in both directions, so when you lock the impeller foreign objects she makes leaps in different directions.
Considered the most reliable synchronous pumps with magnetic rotor characterized by high power and tiny size.
The pump is one of the washing mechanism of the most important elements. His style may be different depending on the brand of the manufacturer and the design features
Structurally, the drain pump or the pump, as it is called, is a unit consisting of two nodes. One of them - the motor with the impeller, and the second - a plastic tube called the cochlea.
On one side of the nozzle has a seat for the engine, on the other - to the recess of the filter cover. When the correct operation of the cochlea, in contrast to the motor with the impeller, is almost impossible to wear.
In old-style models pump has two impellers, one of them is used to cool the engine, the second - for water circulation. A feature of these devices is the oil seal, not giving the water flow into the cochlea of the motor. In modern machines one impeller and the seals are absent, as the electrical and mechanical parts are separated.
The average duration of the pump - 3-7 years, but the problem may occur at an earlier period. This happens due to improper operation of the household appliance, when various small items fall into it. They immobilized the impeller, leading to pump failure
Particularly costly to repair after combustion electronic control module of the short-circuit winding. Breakage pump - standard situation that occurs when a long service node and intense frequency operation device.
Symptoms and causes of breakdowns
Before attempting to repair or to go to the store for the pump, it is necessary to make a diagnosis. After determining the degree of complexity of the problem chosen way to do it.
Pump washing machine along with the engine experiences a high load, so often the first fails, he is
Signs of malfunction may be several. They appear at the same time or separately. The following signs are considered to be the most typical:
- Lack of response to the questions of the program.
- Strong noise produced by the motor in the injection and discharge of water.
- Insufficient water in the tank.
- Turn off the machine when filling the water tank.
The reasons for failure are also diverse. They are easily identified in the diagnosis. Checking is carried out in stages. First, check the drain filter, which can become clogged if it enters into the drum of small items.
In most models of washing machines filter cleaning is easy. This procedure is available to any owner who cares about the state of home appliances in your home
As a result, clogging it can not cope with their work, the pump starts making noise, and if not promptly take action fails. Remedy the situation will help cleaning the filter.
Cleaning the filter, as a preventive measure, should be carried out regularly. If you do not, the problem may be exacerbated. With improper care and associated pump failure
If the filter is in order, check the impeller blades by scrolling. This is done by hand. Seized evidence of contact with her small items.
In the next step tests for the drain hose, which can be small objects or stagnant water. For a more thorough inspection of the pump must be removed.
To inspect and clean the pump, you need to unscrew fasteners and remove the device. Depending on the make and model of the washing machine, the pump is released from snails loosening the fixing bolts or rotational movements
Problems can be not only mechanical, but also due to failure of the electronics: disconnecting contacts, faulty sensors and others. In order to identify problem areas need to "ping" the wire.
Extracted from the machine pump disassembled, cleaned and inspected. A procedure which does not take much time, it is recommended every three months of active operation of the device
The most common causes of failure can also be attributed engine wear sleeves, short circuit and open circuit coil. Call of the master of the house and diagnostics during the warranty period, as a rule, are free of charge.
About pump failure may signal and service codes. Each manufacturer they own. You can read them by studying the instructions in the device or on the official website of the manufacturer.
In addition to code the user will find other useful information on the service. pump cost, replacement and repair depends on the make and model of the machine, as well as the type of damage.
Selection of pump repair stiralki
If the pump has served for more than 5 years, and the diagnosis has shown the need to replace it, you need to buy a new. To extend the life of the pump, it is necessary to choose the correct her.
When choosing a pump into account the following parameters:
- Fixing to the cochlea: 3-for screws or 3-, 4- and 8-latches. New fastening of the pump should be the same as the old. Otherwise, it just will not work.
- Method wiring"Chip" and "Terminal." If instead of the pump chip purchase model with the conclusions in the form of terminals, require trimming at the end of the twin wire, cleaning and installation of terminals.
- Placement of the contact group. May be behind or in front. The location of the large does not matter. Pump operation is not affected.
- Manufacturer drain pump. Universal multiple brands: Coprecci, Arylux, Mainox, Hanning, Plaset, Askoll. Pumps of these manufacturers are interchangeable.
- pump capacityIndicated on the label. This option does not really matter, since for all the models it is about the same.
The average person in the characteristics of pumps designs difficult to understand, so it's best to consult with a professional when choosing a new device.
One way to connect the wires to the pump is a rear or front output in the form of chips
The model with the chip can replace the pump to the terminals, if cut off the ends of twin wires, cleaned and set terminals
Placement of the contact group behind has no effect on the operation of the washing machine pump
Front arrangement of the contact group, as well as the back, does not really matter, because it does not affect the operation of the pump
Pump output in the form of "chips"
Connecting the wires to the pump terminals
Placing the front of the contact group
Constructive variety drain pump is primarily determined by the peculiarities of the plastic pipe (snails) and filters debris combined with them.
In modern models of manufacturers use three types of pumps:
- three screws under the cochlea (Samsung, Indesit, Ardo);
- three snap a snail (AEG, Bosch);
- eight snap a snail (LG, Zanussi).
Pumps one type of interchangeable. For example, for a machine suitable brand Indesit Samsung pump and vice versa.
The procedure for replacing an old pump with a new
On the way to replace worn-out pump for washing machine influenced by the particular make and model. Usually spun bolts and remove the cover to clean, and then change the pump. Vykruchennyh pump emit or sell (give) to spare.
Tools and components
To disassemble the pump with your hands and replacing it with a new set of required tools and accessories: a drain pump assembly, axle, impeller, sleeve, pulley, spacer, and contacts the sensor.
When buying a new pump and spare parts to it is necessary to be prudent. Better to take the disassembled unit with him to the store. The same should be done and with accessories.
Experts recommend choose the original model, rather than cheaper counterparts. If you do not have enough money, instead of a new pump can be purchased / used item from a similar model
Simply things with tools. To work need a knife and a Phillips screwdriver. For testing electrical (wiring, contacts, sensors) need a multimeter.
Replacing the pump in popular stiralka
To independently inspect the pump, you need to know its location. It is located at the bottom, but you can reach it in different ways. The models Samsung, Beko, LG, Candy, Ardo, Ariston, Indesit and Whirlpool Access to the pump is possible through the bottom in Zanussi and Electrolux - through the rear panel. To get the pump in machinery brands Siemens, Bosch and CMA AEGIt requires disassembly of the front panel.
Drain pump for popular brands Samsung, Indesit, LG and Beko quite pricey, but his replacement did not present any difficulties. Calibration is done through the bottom of the unit.
This is done in the following sequence:
- The apparatus is disconnected from the power supply.
- Overlapping water.
- The machine is lowered to one side, taking into account the fact that the pump must be on top.
- Dismantled bottom, which is usually kept latched.
- Unscrew the pump and pulled out.
- Detail is disconnected from the board.
- Attenuated clamps, which hold the tube, the remaining liquid is drained.
- Removed pipe and drain hose.
The new device is installed in reverse sequence.
Nuances replacement models of the German brand
pumps to Siemens and Bosch characterized by high cost and installation complexity. Access to the pump is only possible via the front panel.
- The apparatus is disconnected from the electricity and water.
- Unscrewed the rear mounting screws to dismantle the upper part of the machine.
- The lid is pulled up and removed.
- Dismantled interior PVC panel, close the drain valve.
- The valve is disconnected from the system, and the remaining water is sent into the container.
- Removed tray powder unscrewed the bolts on the control panel, it is carried out disassembly.
- On the front wall of the cuff is removed and placed into the drum.
- Unscrews the screws and bolts that hold the pump.
At the end is complete dismantling of the old pump and put a new one.
The machines Ariston, ZanussiAnd the other vertical loading type replacement pump is performed by the back panel, which is part of the device boards and other functional components. The sequence of operation is the same as in a horizontal loading machines.
Conclusions and useful videos on the topic
To get acquainted with the pump device for washing machines and ways to replace them, I offer informative videos with tips from the professionals and users.
How to check the serviceability of the drain pump (pump) automatic washing machine:
What to look for when choosing a pump for a washing machine:
How to replace the pump in the washing machine BOSCH / Bosch:
If you have decided on their own to pick up the pump and replace it with their own hands, read the instructions carefully and follow its instructions. In case of doubt in their competence, refer to the familiar master or a workshop.
For a modest fee you repair the pump or pick up a suitable model for a replacement. Professional installation of a new pump - a guarantee of reliability and smooth operation of the washing machine.