At first it may seem that dishwashers do not need special care, because they look clean for quite some time. But in fact, with each wash cycle, work items are inevitably contaminated by hard water sediments, food debris and detergents. Scale and grease build-up lead to breakdowns or inefficient performance. Therefore, cleaning the dishwasher( PMM) - is the main condition for its long-term operation.
Let's find out how to clean the dishwasher in just 7 simple steps at home. But keep in mind that this is an example of a full range of procedures, which, of course, does not always need to be performed in full. In addition, some procedures should be performed regularly, and some - only as problems arise.
Step 1. Washing the
strainer We begin with the cleaning of the strainer, which must be cleaned once a week. After all, it fairly quickly forms a bloom of fat, which clogs the small cells, because of which there is an unpleasant smell, and most importantly - leak.
To remove the filter, the lower basket is carefully removed and taken apart, as shown in the photo above. It is enough to rinse the removed filter under running water with ordinary dishwashing liquid and put it in place.
Step 2. Cleaning the blades
Now we clean the blades( impeller or rocker), which are also cleaned as they become dirty. They may become clogged with leftover food or scale. If this happens, then all blades should be removed and washed alternately, and the holes cleaned with a toothpick as shown in the following photo.
After assembly, they should rotate well, if this does not happen, you should descale the axis.
Step 3. Clean the
seals. The door sealer should be cleaned every 6 months. For this purpose, a specialized tool is purchased, recommended by the manufacturer of the dishwasher.
- The space between the pads is easy to clean with a toothbrush.
- It is better not to use folk remedies like citric acid, because it causes the rubber gasket to lose its elasticity, which means that PMM can start leaking.
Step 4. We launder the “dead zone” and baskets
At the bottom of the car door there is a “dead zone” - water does not flow here, and the garbage accumulates. This part must not be forgotten to be thoroughly cleaned.
Plastic parts of the basket can be quickly and easily cleaned with a brush and dishwashing detergent.
Step 5. Getting rid of grease, mildew and rust
Now you need to remove all visible dirt, mold, grease and rust:
- To remove the mold, you will need to use bleach. However, this process will be dangerous for parts made of stainless steel, so it is better not to allow mold fungi to grow by regularly drying the machine. To do this, simply leave the door open so that the inner compartment is ventilated;
- Rust removal. A special rust remover should be used, but it is also important to understand why corrosion occurs. So, over time, the paint on the baskets may begin to peel off, then you can update the coating with a special sealant. And to prevent water from entering the device with a significant iron content( from rusty pipes, for example), a filter should be placed at the inlet;
- Ideally, the camera, door, seals and pre-filter PMM should be cleaned every day.
Step 6. Clean the machine from the scale.
To remove the scale, it is best to buy a special tool and run one short washing cycle with it or, on the contrary, the most powerful and long mode at maximum temperature - this depends on the selected cleaner. Of course, the car must be empty.
- What kind of dishwasher cleaner to choose? The most common remedy is Finish cleaner. But there are other effective fluids, for example from HG, Soda sun, Somat, Topper and the remedy for Amway.
- Do not use citric acid, as it may damage the gaskets. In extreme cases, you can clean the dishwasher using soda and vinegar: pour 5% table vinegar into a regular mug( if you dilute it from 70% essence, add 13 tablespoons of water to 1 tbsp of essence), then add ¼ cups of baking soda and place the glass on the top shelf( for mugs).And then start the car in the usual program without dishes.
- It is enough to carry out such cleaning once in 3 months.
- The main advice is to prevent scale, do not neglect the regular use of salt, because it changes the composition of the water and does not allow accumulation of sediment.
See also the material: How to clean the washing machine from dirt and scale in 5 steps.
Step 7. Wipe the machine clean
After the end of the cycle, simply wipe the dishwasher chamber - if any dirt remains, they should easily move away.
Well, that's all, your assistant is ready to complete the work again!
We also invite you to watch the following video on the care and prevention of the formation of mineral deposits using salt:
- Use the dishwasher correctly
- How to choose a dishwasher - prepare to buy
- Common dimensions of dishwashers
- Dishwasher broken - you canI fix it myself?
- Rules of installation and connection of the dishwasher
- How to wash the refrigerator in 7 steps and eliminate odors using 8 home remedies