I did not know before, how to get gum from clothes and simply postponed the ruffled thing in a corner cabinet. But recently I tried to remove it from your favorite pants. And yes, I did it! How? I'm ready to tell you about effective methods.
Ways to remove gum from clothing
In general, the ways in which we can derive gum from clothing, I divided into three groups:
One of the most effective ways of getting rid of clothes gum - impact on her cold. You can have two ways:
- Freezer. Pack the stained item in a plastic bag and leave it in the freezer for about an hour. Most likely, the chewing gum will freeze and fall off on their own. If it does not, treat the area with a stiff brush.
Ice. If a thing is large and does not fit in the freezer, the chief assistant can become a piece of ice. To pull out the gum, apply an ice cube to the contaminated sites. When the gum hardens, remove it with a stiff brush.
If no freezer or ice does not help to clean chewing gum from clothing, then cope hot methods:
- Boiling water. For this method you need to "help a friend". Let it pour boiling water from the kettle to cool polluted place, but in the meantime you scour Velcro unnecessary toothbrush.
To enhance the effect, you can omit the spoiled trousers polluted place in boiling water. Not pulling clothes out of the water with a sharp object skovyrnite Velcro.
- Iron. Print the chewing gum from clothes is possible by means of a domestic appliance. Through gauze, cloth or tissue paper stroll iron the garment, and the gum will remain on a napkin. Under the high temperature will soften the gum and easily separated from the matter.
- hairdryer. Heat gum flow of hot air from the dryer. When she soften, scrape it unnecessary toothbrush or the blunt side knife.
Cope with stuck chewing gum can be using strong chemicals. For example:
- Spray. In hardware stores sell special agent for removing gum. For example «Chewing Gum Removers» - its effect resembles the effects of ice, it cools the material to which adhered gum. Spray the product on the surface, wait a few seconds and remove the dirt.
- Toluene. To unstick gum from a surface, lubricate it with a small amount of toluene and then wash the item with the powder in the machine.
- Acetone. Suitable for cleaning only washable items. Nail polish remover containing no acetone, save garments (coat or overcoat).
If you have experienced all of the above methods, how to remove chewing gum from pants or other clothing, but the action did not succeed, it is necessary to try alternative options:
- Peanut butter. Using this method, you must be very careful - careful, not to get oil on the uncontaminated area. You only need to lubricate the cud, then scrape it with a thin blunt object (suitable scissors, knife). After this wash the article of clothing by hand or in a washing machine. If peanut butter is still got to clean the area, apply to it a little liquid stain remover.
- Vinegar. Another reliable option is to remove the gum. Slightly warm a small amount of vinegar, soak in the liquid toothbrush and wipe the adhering gum. This should be done quickly, so that the vinegar is hot.
- Chewing gum. A very paradoxical way - to remove chewing gum can - yes, the other chewing gum! It needs to be thoroughly chewed to soften, then stick to the dirty areas and sharply unstick. Repeat until the garment surface is not completely cleared.
- Liquid soap. Toothbrush, apply to the damaged article of clothing a little liquid soap, wait until it is completely absorbed. The blunt side of a knife gently scrape and wash the gum thing.
If chewing gum stuck to the shoe guide to action will be:
- The first thing you need to pack the shoes in a plastic bag.
- Then put them in the freezer for a few hours.
- Get "frozen" footwear.
- And you will help cud move away from the foot, such as armed with a knife.
You can also quickly and easily bring a spot in another way:
- Soak cotton ball with alcohol or acetone.
- A few minutes, wipe their dirty soles.
- After that, unnecessary ototrite gum toothbrush or non-acute side of a knife.
I brought a few effective ways to clean pants, jeans and outerwear from adhering gum. Personally, I am convinced of their effectiveness. To dispel your doubts, watch the video in this article.
Any questions, or do you know of any other reliable ways? Waiting for them in the comments!