Content of the article:
The sweetest, most fragrant and juicy melon Torpeda ripen in late summer. Cosmetologists and nutritionists are aware of its beneficial properties. It is recommended to eat it in pure form, in salads, as face and hair masks. There are many recipes for the treatment and prevention of various diseases. But still there is a downside. Melon is not useful for everyone. What is its benefit and harm, and how to choose a ripe pumpkin? Read about it in the article.
A little bit about the torpedo variety.
Started growing Torpedo in Malaya, and later in Central Asia. It was brought to Russia in the 17th century. Due to its excellent transporting properties, it is well tolerated for long journeys. Variety Torpedo has a characteristic oblong shape. The length of the fruit is 30 - 40 cm, weight 6 - 10 kg. Yellow skin is covered with fine veined mesh. The flesh of white color has a rich taste and a bright smell. In it interwoven notes of vanilla, pear and pineapple.
Useful qualities of Torpedo melon
A unique product of torpedo melon. Its benefits and harms were repeatedly discussed both on the forums of dietitians and on the pages of women's magazines. Experts say that the use of a certain amount of the product in a fresh form can stabilize the functioning of the intestine and improve the properties of the immune system. Use a melon smoothie, pieces of fresh pulp can be used for the prevention of certain diseases.
When do I need to eat melon?
To achieve a preventive and healing effect, doctors recommend eating fresh melon in the following cases:
- to remove excess fluid from the body( it has strong diuretic properties);
- for cleansing the intestines( due to the high content of fiber, natural slag removal from the body occurs);
- for removing toxic decomposition products;
- as a sedative and anti-depressant;
- for removing harmful cholesterol;
- to enhance the protective properties of the body.
What is contained in the pulp and pumpkin seeds?
The chemical composition of a torpedo includes a whole set of trace elements and vitamins:
- contains the content of iron, fluorine, calcium, potassium, silicon, magnesium, iodine and fluorine;
- citric, pantothenic and malic acid;
- vitamins of group B, ascorbic acid, vitamin E.
Sucrose in combination with other components promotes the production of the hormone of happiness in the body. What is useful torpedo melon yet? It improves well-being for anemia, due to the high percentage of iron in the composition. And the secret ingredient pumpkins are seeds. They serve as an aphrodisiac for men.
Do not consume large amounts of melon seeds, as it is harmful to the spleen.
Knowing the beneficial properties of Torpedo, it is actively used to treat urolithiasis. The patient should eat fresh melon for several days. At this time, sand and small stones naturally leave the body.
Moderate calorie content and a balanced amount of vitamins makes Torpedo a unique product for those who lose weight. Sweet and aromatic food helps to saturate. In this case, the body receives all the necessary nutrients. A fiber cleans the intestines from slags and removes them. Therefore, nutritionists include this melon product on the menu.
Contraindications to the use of
. It is impossible to include in the diet of people suffering from the following diseases:
- diabetes in severe form;
- gastric and duodenal ulcers;
- violation of intestinal microflora.
Do not eat torpedo with kefir and yogurt - it threatens with strong diarrhea.
In children and adults susceptible to the composition of the product, abdominal distension, colic, flatulence may occur. Because of the strong influence on the work of the gastrointestinal tract, you should not eat fasting melon. This product does not combine with alcohol, as well as with cold water.
Use in cosmetology
Torpedo melon is popular among masks and creams. Useful properties of this ingredient are used in professional cosmetology. It is part of the creams that prevent the appearance of early wrinkles, whitening masks, moisturizing shampoos and hair balms.
At home, melon gruel whitens freckles and pigment spots on the face. It is also applied to the nails to reduce their fragility. To moisturize the skin of the face, lips or hands, fresh pulp is mixed with olive oil and applied in a thin layer. After using such masks, the skin becomes matte, the color evens out, softness and velvety appear. To strengthen the hair in the ground pulp add burdock oil and egg yolk. To restore the structure of hair dried by a hair dryer, such a mask should be done once a week for a month.
You should wash off the melon's homemade masks with warm water.
Choosing a ripe melon
If you do not know how to choose a torpedo melon, then the following recommendations will be useful to you:
- pay attention to the condition of the skin. It should not be penetrating brown spots. They indicate infection of one of the infectious diseases to which melons are susceptible;
- take the fruit in your hands. It should be tight, but not solid. Soft pushing flesh occurs in overripe specimens;
- visual inspection should not show damage on the surface of the fetus. It should be clean and dry, without cracks and cuts. If bacteria penetrate them, infection with botulism is possible;
- smell the pumpkin. It should produce a pleasant honey smell;
- look at the tail from the stem. In a ripe product, it is dry. If it is green, then the torpedo has not yet matured.
You can clearly see how to choose a torpedo melon in the video at the end of the article.
It is best to buy melons at those points that are subject to sanitary checks. Products are periodically examined for the presence of nitrates and carcinogens. By purchasing a sweet torpedo in a supermarket or store, you will be sure that it will benefit the body.