Content of the article:
The golden eyes help fight small pests of gardeners. In some countries, these insects are specially bred for the mass destruction of parasites. In the garden or in the garden, they are real "orderlies."However, their presence in the house causes discomfort for the owners. To properly treat them, you need to know about the benefits they bring. It should be familiar with the main methods of dealing with them.
Gilded eye - an insect of a light green shade. It has either bright or subdued color. He has a mustache and three legs on both sides. Their distinctive feature is translucent wings. The larvae got its name due to the unusual eye color - gold with a shimmer. It is worth noting that the shiny wings with streaks of blue hue make the appearance of insects luxurious. In connection with this, they were given another nickname - the flernits.
At the edge of the head are elongated jaws. With their help, she feels the vegetation until she finds parasites. Therefore, can spoil the vegetation.
The longitudinal body of the larvae, 1.5 cm in size, is studded with small warts, and also has a rare hairline. The midges move very quickly and deftly. The protective reaction of the gilding eyes is the release of a sharp and unpleasant aroma. It was he who scares off enemies.
When the owners know the peculiarities of the lifestyle and behavior of the pleurus, then it will be easier for them to protect their homes from their invasion. It also helps gardeners, on the contrary, to create favorable conditions for their breeding. So, the gold-eyed ordinary has unique features of behavior. Here are some of them:
- maximum activity of adults - in the evening;
- does not tolerate prolonged exposure to direct sunlight;
- settles in shady and damp places: under the leaves or in the grass;
- midges begin to creep out in spring from their shelters at temperatures above 10 ° C;
- they flock to the bright light of electric lanterns, thereby penetrating the house;
- lay several dozen eggs( on long threads) nearby aphid colonies.
The larvae spend winter in attics, in the crevices of houses or under the bark of trees. If the owners want to get rid of them, then you need to make an effort to pull them out.
These "defenders" can be found on the plot or garden. Those who are engaged in greenhouses should also be attentive to the appearance of the flernits. Nevertheless, experts recommend even to move these “orderlies” into your garden, garden or greenhouse. They will help get rid of dozens of pests.
In nature, there are two types of midges: predators and non-predatory individuals. The latter feed exclusively on non-living organisms: secretions of aphids, pollen or floral nectar. On the question, the gold-eyed eye is a pest or protector, one can answer unequivocally that it acts for the benefit of gardeners. Its larvae eat over 80 species of pests, such as:
- spiderwebs and other mites;
- aphid and its larvae;
- Colorado potato beetle eggs;
- wood borers;
- poisonous spider cocoons.
The midge eats only soft insects. For 7 days, each individual destroys up to 200 units of aphids, insects or eggs. The fecundity of females ranges from 200 to 400 eggs in their lifetime.
Methods of fighting
In the open air in the natural environment this insect has a lot of benefits. Yet troublemaker brings troublemakers when entering the house. Get inside for her is not difficult. Her “vehicle” can be either flowers( violets, begonias), or wooden building materials.
The first habitat of the midges is pot plants. Then they are settled in furniture and food products.
Fleurbs are very tenacious and quickly multiply. Therefore, many are faced with the problem of how to get rid of gold-eyed. These insects can be overcome by the simplest methods or things:
- Light. At night, turn on the street lamp and open the windows. She will react to the light and fly out.
- Vacuuming. Collect adults with technique, and lay eggs.
- Ultrasound. A wave of sound hits the brain of an insect, and they fall dead.
- All sorts of sprays. Only then need to ventilate the room well.
- Solutions. The most reliable - 0.5 liters of water and 25 grams of vanillin. Spray infected plants once every 7 days.
- High Temperature. Bring the pot with the larvae to the heater, fireplace or convector.
- Gluing Trap. When flying, the midge touches the ribbon and hangs on it.
Also, owners of cottages from a bar should be alarmed when these larvae appear. Their presence indicates the appearance of wood beetles, which destroy the walls or floors of the cobbled house.
However, destroying the golden-eyed eye, you should always remember about its invaluable role in nature. Therefore, it is better to use humane methods to eliminate it.