Interconnectiona slice of watermelon? Not only is the pulp tasty, it perfectly quenches thirst and replenishes the supply of life-giving moisture in the body on hot days.
The well-known and healing properties of watermelon:
- Fruits with red pulp contain lycopene and other substances that have anti-inflammatory protective effect, and also show antioxidant properties, protecting the body from aging.
- Watermelons are low in calories and can be used in the fight against overweight.
- Fiber and other components in the composition of watermelons are able to activate metabolic processes and digestion.
- This is a natural diuretic.
- Watermelons are a source of magnesium and other mineral elements that improve the functioning of the nervous and cardiovascular systems, regulate, protect against stone formation, heart rhythm disturbances and take part in many metabolic processes.
But is the red flesh of the largest berry useful for everyone? And is it possible to eat watermelon for pancreatitis, cholecystitis and gastritis?
Interconnection in the work of the internal organs of the
Despite the performance of various functions, the internal organs in the human body are often interconnected, and the malfunction of some entails failures in others. As a result, when diagnosing chronic pancreatitis, for example, physicians experience inflammation of the gallbladder, that is, cholecystitis.
Accumulated bile in the bladder is usually gradually required for digestive processes, but when bile stagnation occurs, exacerbation of cholecystitis cannot be avoided. Simultaneously, the digestive organs are also affected. If the gallbladder and liver are normal, the intestine copes with incoming portions of food. When the work of one of the organs changes, the adjusted process of digestion collapses.
Read also: Description and photo of autumn tree varieties in the apple orchard
An insufficient number of enzymes enter the intestines, but often gastroenterologists note the irritating effect of bile and pancreatic juice on the tissue. And failures in food digestion negatively affect the course of pancreatitis and cholecystitis. The circle of diseases seems to be closed. To get out of the situation helps drug therapy in combination with a special diet.
Food in the presence of pancreatitis, cholecystitis, gastritis, or a complex of diseases should be as gentle as possible and not irritate the intestinal wall and stomach.
Moreover, this requirement applies not only to the composition of dishes, but also to the size of portions.
- Abundant food, like spicy, acidic and fatty foods, is harmful and can, by stretching the walls, cause serious damage to well-being.
- In order for food to be better absorbed and not to have an additional irritating effect, with all these diseases, dishes are served at a moderate temperature. Hot and cold food is contraindicated.
Also, doctors advise to adhere to a clear diet.
Watermelon for gastritis
The causes of gastritis are many. Today, this disease may be accompanied by nervous and physical overloads, it is noted in people who are irrationally or irregularly fed.
Gastritis also often accompanies cholecystitis and pancreatitis, which cause its development.
Is it possible to have a watermelon during gastritis, when there is both an increased level of acidity and a reduced level in the stomach? The acidity of the stomach before meals is from 1.5 to 3 units, which allows you to disinfect and dissolve any food entering the digestive system. If a failure occurs, the production of acid is reduced or, conversely, is activated, this leads to undesirable consequences for humans. Acidity inside the stomach can be a threat to tissues, or when its level drops, it is not enough to process organic matter.
Watermelon with gastritis, due to its composition, cannot somehow seriously affect the change in the acidity level, but when it is used excessively, filling the stomach stretches and presses on its walls, additionally injuring the damaged organ. As a result, the pleasure of juicy pulp inevitably ends with painful sensations, heaviness, gagging, and other unwanted symptoms.
- If, during gastritis, watermelon is used in portions of 1–2 slices, then the fruit will only bring benefit at any level of acidity.
- It is extremely important that only high-quality, not kept freshly cut watermelons be kept on the patient's table.
- Unacceptable to eat watermelon from the refrigerator.
Read also: Features of growing gooseberries at the cottage
Watermelon for pancreatitis during exacerbation of
When there is a bright inflammatory process in the pancreas, doctors strongly recommend to give up all kinds of fresh berries, vegetables and fruits.
And watermelon for pancreatitis in the acute phase is no exception. The reason for the danger is in dietary fibers, which during aggravation can increase gas formation in the intestine and thus provoke indigestion, diarrhea and strong intestinal colic.
If the patient has not only pancreatitis, but also gastritis or cholecystitis, watermelon during exacerbation is also contraindicated, because its use will only aggravate the overall picture of the disease.
If pancreatitis is noted in the mild stage, or the disease is chronic and does not cause serious concern, watermelon in reasonable quantities and subject to the rules of its use is permitted. In this case, the healing properties of watermelon are used in the process of food rehabilitation.
Watermelon for pancreatitis in remission
The onset of persistent remission means that a patient with pancreatitis can afford to expand the diet by including some fruits and vegetables. These include fresh watermelon.
The maximum portion size that a patient with pancreatitis can afford, depending on his health condition and tolerance of the product is from 150 grams to 1.5 kg.
Here it is important to remember that watermelon can be included in reasonable amounts in salads, consumed in the form of juices and cold desserts, but salted or pickled watermelons for pancreatitis, cholecystitis and all types of diseases of the intestinal tract can be dangerous.
Read also: How to choose a pump for the garden correctly?
Watermelon for cholecystitis
Inflammation of the gallbladder or cholecystitis can be acute or chronic, and in some cases the disease is accompanied by the formation of stones.
Infection from the intestines often causes an inflammatory process and stagnation in the bile bladder. Already with the development of cholecystitis, less and less bile is involved in digestion, and this has a negative effect on the digestion and absorption of fats. A stone that can prevent the outflow of bile, as well as injuries and such a dangerous disease like diabetes can provoke the development of the disease.
Like many other diseases of internal organs, the diet and diet have a significant effect on cholecystitis.
The patient's condition is aggravated:
- with a lack of dietary fiber and an excess of easily digestible fats and carbohydrates;
- with frequent overeating and non-compliance with the meal schedule;
- with the inclusion in the diet of sharp, fatty foods, as well as alcohol.
And in this case, the healing properties of watermelon and its fiber, which can positively influence the process of cleansing the body, and emptying the intestines and gall bladder, will be useful. True, the moderation and the gradual introduction of the product into the diet should not be forgotten.
What you can eat with pancreatitis - video