vegetable garden. There is a whole science about how to build a well in the country with their own hands.
A very important nuance during the construction of the well is the time of year. The most favorable is the autumn period. The water level in the fall drops to the lower marks, which facilitates the work on the arrangement of the well from the inside. It also makes it possible to dig a deeper well.
It is not recommended to start the construction of a well in spring, when a lot of melt water is collected, or in a very rainy summer. This will significantly complicate the work.
The first step in the construction of a well in the country with their own hands is the right choice of location. It depends on the location of the aquifer within the earth, which can be found by special experts - geologists. They will determine the depth of the water resources with the help of special geological research equipment with an accuracy of ten centimeters.
Old, reliable and proven methods for determining the location of fresh groundwater are also used.
One such method is the use of vines. Water deposits are determined with an accuracy of one meter. The branches of the vine are folded in such a way as to produce an L-shaped construction. She is taken into the palms of both hands bent into a fist. When a person approaches the groundwater reserves, the vines either begin to diverge or come together. This method is based on the principle of the relationship between water and the plant. They are united by a kind of energy, so that the vines, when approaching the water, behave in a similar way.
A person needs to start building a well in a place where the behavior of the vines is more active. You can also use brass wire instead of grapevine.
A few superficial signs that the well site has been selected correctly:
- The presence of thick, juicy, green grass during the dry season;
- Moss on the surface of the earth;
- The presence of other wells in the vicinity( it is necessary to clarify with the neighbors information about the structure, depth, and arrangement of the well);
- A natural lake or reservoir is located near the dacha;
- The presence of dense fog in the absence of reservoirs near the dacha;
- Raising the water level in the basement of the house or in the cellar during floods( melting snow in spring).
Read also: Creation technology with step-by-step instructions for a woven and woven hammock with your own hands
In some regions, you need permission from the geodesic service to arrange your own well. You should learn about this nuance from the local authorities.
All these details must be considered when choosing a site and building a well in the country. After analyzing all the nuances, you can choose a good place for the dacha well.
A well in the country from concrete rings
The work on digging a well is done with the help of a special tool that is prepared in advance:
- Two types of spades( with a short and long handle);
- Several metal buckets per 15 liters( preferably three units);
- Metal long ladder for the initial digging process;
- Rope ladder for deeper diving;
- Reliable, equipped device for lifting buckets to the ground from the depths of the well;
- Pump for pumping water, to be able to equip the catchment basin;
- Extension with a light bulb or lamp at the end;
- Additional equipment( perforator) to overcome more difficult obstacles.
Usually, the walls of the well shaft are reinforced with special concrete rings. To equip such wells in the country from concrete rings is best with the use of slot structures. They are safer and more convenient to work, they are also easier to mount.
There are two options for installing concrete rings:
- Mine, deep-submersible;
- typesetting surface.
In the first version, the entire mine is pulled out - round, 1.25 m in diameter, or square, 125x125 cm in size - until water appears. Then the rings in order are immersed in the well. Using the mine method you need to take into account the high danger of the collapse of the soil. Therefore, it can be applied mainly on stable soil. In the case of the slightest spillage of the earth layer, they immediately go to the second method.
The second method, typesetting superficial, is more secure. Concrete ring is installed in the pit, the depth of one meter. Then make a tunnel for another meter. As a result, the first ring sinks down on its own, using the pressure of its weight, making room for the next. Next, put the second ring, digging under, freeing up space under the third. Installs the third ring. Thus, the whole structure is digged up and installed to the desired depth.
After the well is dug out, you need to create a filter layer so that a sludge ball does not form, which can later stop the spring water renewal. For this, the bottom of the well is strewn with small pebbles or rubble with sand.
Important to remember! The deeper you go down when digging a well, the less oxygen will become. Therefore, when working at depth, you should use an oxygen mask with a long tube drawn out.
A well in a country house made of
wood Despite the trends in the development of technologies for the arrangement of the upper part of wells, the classic tree does not yield to its leadership, occupying former positions of popularity among summer residents. Widely used materials for the top of the well are pine and linden.
Read also: Overview of gas boilers for home and garden
Wooden well at a cottage from a log house is quite an expensive pleasure. Not every summer resident can afford such wells. In addition, the installation of the log house itself is a very difficult task.
For the construction of a well from a log house, initially it is necessary to dig a hole equal to the average human height.
Then the following work is done on the arrangement of the well:
- At the bottom of the resulting pit, larch crowns are installed.
- Prepared log house going in order. The gaps of the joints should be treated with a sealing substance using tow. This should be done for the lower layers up to 3 m.
- After laying the first part of the well, you need to dig out the ground from under the middle of the bars, the resulting structure.
- When all the land has been cleaned, struts are installed and the ground is cleaned from the corners of the well.
- After cleaning the well from the ground, you need to fix the safety cables to the base of the log house in the well. For this you can use a winch.
- The struts are removed, as a result of which the structure begins to sink into the well under its own weight. If this results in distortions, you can knock on top with a sledgehammer to level the structure.
- Thus, the blockhouse is built up from the top and goes down to the bottom. So you can install the log to a depth of 6 meters. At this level, the structure is wedged with struts, which are made 50 cm longer. They need to be inserted into the prepared recesses below.
If the well is planned to be made below the 6-meter mark, it is necessary to choose the ground before the appearance of the first water. The first signs that the aquifer is close is the increased humidity of the air and the soil itself( it becomes more saturated with water).
Specially treated and prepared wood is used for arranging the well shaft. The construction of such wells does not require additional support elements. The construction of wood is quite strong and durable. Strong wood species( mainly oak, alder, aspen, elm, hornbeam) are used as material for beams.
It is not recommended to use birch, spruce, and a number of other coniferous trees, which have water-absorbing properties, for the arrangement of wells. Their use will subsequently lead to the appearance of bitter water. They will quickly lose their strength and will soon begin to collapse.
The wood wells in the country house are an excellent element of the decorative design of the yard, emphasizing the delicate taste of the owner. The wooden well acts as an excellent protection against ingress of dust, dirt, foreign objects, waste storm water. Summer residents who have such wells, it should be remembered that from time to time they need to be serviced( treated with a protective layer of waterproofing materials).
Read also: Trap for bees: manufacturing and installation sites
Water supply from the well
The presence of a well in the country house allows the owner to think about the water in the house. Arrangement of water supply is best done with the installation of the well itself.
First you need to lay a highway from the well to the house. To do this, dig a trench, a depth of at least 80 cm, the width of a spade bayonet.
At the bottom of the trench, a 7-centimeter sand cushion is poured out and a pipe is laid( it can be plastic, metal-plastic, metal).Experts recommend laying a plastic pipe with a cross section of 32 mm. After laying the pipe, a 5-centimeter ball of sand is poured, then you can cover the entire trench.
In the ring of the well a hole is punched into which the pipe is inserted. In the house, the foundation is pierced and the pipe is also put inside, where it should be connected to the pumping station. In the well, the pipe is joined to another pipe that reaches the bottom of the well.
As a power unit for supplying water from a well in the country, you can use a submersible deepwater pump, the power of which must be calculated depending on the length of the water mains.
The construction of a well at a dacha - a source of fresh water - is one of the main elements of the life-giving and comfort of a summer resident. Make a well in the country with their own hands is quite realistic, but you should remember about security measures and, in no case, do not neglect them.
How to make a well at the cottage( video)