- Performance and noise
- Sound noise level
- How high the noise level of exhaust hoods
- Innovative design
- Rating of the quietest extracts
Each housewife knows that it is difficult to get rid of foreign odors in the kitchen during cooking. Therefore, in many residential premises in these rooms special kitchen hoods are installed, which solve this problem. But immediately there is another - the noise from the operation of this device. Therefore, when choosing a hood, the range of which on the market is very large, it is necessary to pay attention to its noise level during operation. For this purpose, this review was written, which will tell you how to choose a silent hood for the kitchen.
Performance and noise
It is no secret that the work of kitchen hoods is accompanied by a certain noise, which is associated with the operation of an electric motor, a rotating fan: there are no completely silent exhaust systems on the market yet.
The following parameters affect the creation of noise:
- Performance is the main characteristic that demonstrates how much hood draws cubic meters of air through itself for 60 minutes of work.
- Kitchen Area.
- Exhaust system power depends on the size of the room.
From all of the above, we can conclude that the listed parameters are interconnected and can be calculated using the formula: the height and area of the room are multiplied by 12. The result will show how many times the air in the kitchen should be updated when cooking according to Russian standards.
If you intend to remove the polluted air from the premises, then the result must be multiplied by a factor of 1.3, taking into account the length of the standard duct, the depth of the shaft and the number of floors in the building.
Most buyers are interested in why such calculations are necessary. Their purpose is to choose the optimal hood for your room. When buying such a system, it is necessary to consider the necessary performance and noise level during operation.
When buying, you need to know that when choosing a new hood, you need to take the performance slightly higher than necessary, so that the air circulation is normal.
The noise level of the
Manufacturers are increasingly working on the creation of silent hoods in order to make cooking even more pleasant. To date, there are already special developments in this direction: fans are created with engines that run quietly. The person almost does not catch the noise from the work of such a unit.
Every day a person is faced with a different noise, and in order to understand its power, consider the following examples:
- Talking in a whisper at a distance of one meter - 20 dB.
- Voices of people in the auditorium - no more than 30 dB.Note that this noise level is maximum for multi-storey buildings at night.
- Quiet conversation creates a noise level of - 40 dB - this figure is the limit for residential premises in the daytime.
- Communication on raised tones - 60 dB.Note that for Europe this indicator is considered acceptable for offices.
- Cargo transport moves with noise of 80 dB.
- Peals of thunder are characterized by a noise level of 100 dB.Note that at this level, you can listen to music through premium headphones.
- The sound of a working jackhammer creates noise in the range of 120 dB.
A person begins to feel pain when noise is 120–140 decibels, and a working hood works with noise up to 65 decibels, so there is no strong impact on the hearing organs.
How high is the noise level of an
Before you buy a hood, you need to consult about its power and performance, and what level of noise it emits at maximum speed. This information can be found in the instructions attached to the device. To date, most manufacturers produce exhaust systems from sound-absorbing materials, which significantly reduces the noise level to acceptable performance.
And also it is not necessary to forget about the human factor: for one, 55 dB can be quite acceptable, but for another - very loudly.
If you want to buy a kitchen hood with a minimum level of noise, you need to follow the following recommendations:
- No need to buy a hood with high power.
- Acquire exhaust systems need to control the mode of operation. This can be explained by the fact that at the maximum modes they function very rarely.
And it is also necessary to always carry out maintenance on time, paying special attention to cleaning the filters and the air duct. When they clog, noise increases significantly.
Innovative development of
When you buy a silent extract, you can conquer a woman with an attractive design, good power and performance. In the process of cooking, these systems will not interfere with their rumble: you can watch the series, talk on the phone and even cook when small children are sleeping. These hoods are perfect for rooms where the living room and kitchen are combined into one room.
Falmec, an Italian brand, has created the NRS noise suppression system, which literally captivates with its innovations and build quality. Hoods from this series are 85% quieter compared to similar systems from other manufacturers. The employees of the company succeeded almost impossible: they increased the efficiency of work and at the same time reduced the consumption of electricity.
Sound absorbing materials were used to create the hull and components. For this reason, people who have already acquired these hoods enjoy cooking.
When creating exhaust systems, engineers used the following unusual solutions:
- Exhaust fan - located at the greatest distance from the air intake.
- Thick body walls, so they absorb sound.
- V-shaped traps are constructed of acoustic material and therefore the exhaust is quiet.
Extracts from an Italian company create a noise level of no more than 30 decibol, which means that the operation of this system is invisible against the background of the other sounds of the apartment.
Rating the quietest extractors
Elica Oretta Wh /A/ 60
This hood from the Italian brand is the undisputed leader. Its characteristics:
- Capacity in the withdrawal mode 900 m³ / h, during the circulation period - 650 m³ / h.
- The noise level is no more than 32 dB.
- The design is very elegant, the backlight is carried out by two 25W halogen lamps.
- Speed control is standard.
- Air purification from pollution occurs due to high-quality carbon filters.
The maximum cost for this device is 35 thousand rubles.
Ardesia Basic-F 50 W
This model costs no more than $ 55 and as it turned out, it is not only the budget, but also the most silent.
The hood has a capacity of 190 m³ / h, so it fits well into the interior of a small kitchen. This system is small and very easy to install. Work is carried out quietly, as evidenced by the reviews of many buyers.
Indesit H 161 IX
Not a bad hood, the owner of which can be for $ 60.Characteristics:
- Power - 200 watts.
- Capacity - 250 m³ / h.
- Noise level - up to 50 dB at the highest power.
Among the shortcomings can be identified the lack of a complete coal filter.
Candy CCE 16 X
The approximate price of this exhaust system is $ 130.This model is a fireplace and operates in the mode of both circulation and air exhaust. Properties:
- Power - 150 watts.
- Capacity - 450 m³ / h.
- Noise level - no more than 50 dB, which is confirmed by user feedback.
- Reliability - able to work for 4–5 years without repair.
Despite the fact that this model is outdated, it is still in demand and therefore you can still buy it at the points of sale of household appliances.
Ardesia CN 60 CR
This dome chimney exhaust system is sold for $ 150 and is characterized by high performance and is able to operate in two modes: exhaust and air circulation. It is intended for a kitchen with a large area. Characteristics:
- Capacity - 400 m³ / h.
- Management - electronic.
- Noise - 50 dB at maximum power.
- High-quality assembly.
- Easy to maintain.
- Attractive appearance.
In this article, we tried to maximize the topic of various exhaust systems, described their advantages and disadvantages. We hope that this will help you in choosing the quietest hood for the kitchen.