Every gardener wants to grow a tomato crop in his backyard. But if you do not know the important points of care, including how to feed them properly during flowering, you can not wait for the long-awaited harvest.
- it possible to feed the tomatoes during flowering
- Fertilizing tomatoes during flowering
- Feeding organic
- Vegetable fertilizer
- Foliar fertilization
- Boric acid
- Favorable days for feeding
Tomato Canwhether to feed tomatoes during flowering
For a rich harvest, as well as for tying new inflorescences, flowering tomato bushneeds: nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus .
The lack of these nutrients can be determined by the appearance of the plant:
- Lack of nitrogen - the leaves begin to turn yellow from the bottom, gradually rising up.
- Deficiency of phosphorus - foliage becomes purple in color, at a consistently moderate temperature.
- Potash depletion - a lack of potassium is manifested in the discoloration of the leaves, if the plant is not fertilized, the leaves become brown in color and dry.
Tomato feeding during flowering
Topping of flowering tomatoes, plays an important role in the formation of ovaries and when grown in greenhouses and in open ground, in the future it will mature.. Excess fertilizer is just as bad for a plant as lacking is .
_OFBut not everyone knows what to feed during the flowering period of tomatoes or to speed it up.
Tomatoes will not develop well if the soil is poor in phosphorus and potassium .As a phosphate, it is possible to use the
You can also use phosphate – potassium fertilizers: potassium monophosphate. Method of preparation: in 10 liters of water dilute 15 grams of the substance. This amount can be shed 1 square.meter tomato ridge.
An excess of nitrogen adversely affects flowering tomatoes .Nitrogen contributes to a large build-up of green mass, which leads to a redistribution of nutrients from the forming fruits to the emerging stepchildren.
In order to enrich the soil with nitrogen , you can add complex fertilizers to it. They are good because all the necessary substances that vegetables need are in equal proportions.
Complex fertilizer for flowering tomatoes:
- Signore tomato
When applying fertilizer, you must remember that:
- Nitrogen content should be less than potassium and phosphorus.
- Fertilizers should contain: iron, calcium, boron, zinc, sulfur and magnesium.can be cooked by yourself.
Nowadays, most gardeners refuse to feed tomatoes with mineral fertilizers and prefer organic. Since organic not only nourishes the plant, but also protects it from numerous diseases .
Humates not only nourish, but also improve soil structure. With the annual introduction of this drug, tomatoes will produce good fruit even in the poorest land, .
Yeast fertilizer increases the growth and development of the plant , and therefore it is so necessary for flowering tomatoes.
Method of preparation:
- 100 grams of fresh yeast diluted in a liter of warm water. Bring the solution to a volume of 10 liters after the formation of yeast foam. This amount is enough for fertilizer 15 bushes.
- 10 grams of dry yeast per bucket of water. Let it brew for 2 days. The resulting solution is diluted in a ratio of 1:10.
Together with yeast top dressing, wood ash is added to the ground.
To feed the tomatoes, you can use wood, straw, or peat ash. It contains a large amount of: calcium, phosphorus, magnesium , a flowering plant cannot do without them.
Method of application:
- Once every 7 days, a tablespoon of ash is poured under the tomato bush
- A solution of ash, water the plants 2 times a month( 100 grams of ash diluted in 10 liters of water).One bush should receive half a liter of solution.
When using iodine solution, , the number of ovaries increases, and the fruits ripen much faster than .
Dilute 3 drops of iodine in a bucket of water.
Herbal infusion - a good choice for feeding flowering tomatoes.
..Water under each bush per liter of infusion.
In a three-liter jar, dilute 300 grams of sifted ash. The resulting solution must be boiled for half an hour and dissolved in a bucket of water. Grated laundry soap is added to the finished solution and left to infuse for a day.
When spraying this solution, the result appears right before .The buds begin to blossom, and the appearance of the tomatoes improves.
30 drops of iodine is added to a liter of milk. All is thoroughly mixed, add art.spoon of hydrogen peroxide and adjusted to 9 liters of water.
This dressing will not only give tomatoes the necessary nutrition, but also will protect the plant from diseases .
Boric acid is used when the air temperature is kept within +30 degrees .At high temperatures, the plant blooms, but does not form fruit.
10 grams of the powder is diluted in a glass of hot water, stirred until complete dissolution. The finished solution is added to a bucket of water.
This solution is sprayed with tomatoes during flowering, once a week.
Favorable days for feeding tomatoes
Feeding is carried out:
- After transplanting seedlings to a permanent place
- Normally developing tomatoes are fed - 3-4 times per season
- Tomatoes that are lagging in their age, I am at age, 5%, and I will feed up - 3-4 times per season
For flowering tomatoes, fertilizing great variety. What solution or drug to apply, decide for everyone independently. Proper and timely fertilization, affects the quality and quantity of the crop.