change sex, but fear that it will cost a lot? Self-laying laminate carried out quickly and easily. It will help save time and money. The main thing is to follow the rules, be careful and prepare for the process.
Stages of work
Installation of laminate plates is carried out in several stages, each of which affects the quality of work and the life of the new floor.
- preparation of the base for coating;
- laying insulation layer;
- mounting panels;
- installation of baseboards and sills.
Laminate flooring is equipped with special locks-latches that hold adjacent segments together. Laying laminate do it yourself with step-by-step instructions to perform any person. Special education and skills are not required.
What tools and materials will you need
? Before laying the laminate, you must first prepare:
- manual hacksaw or grinder;
- centimeter wedges;
- ruler / centimeter / square;
- , thresholds;
In order for work not to be done in vain, all rules and sequence of actions should be strictly followed.
Preparing the base for
Before laying the laminate floor correctly, prepare the lower level. If you do not align the bottom surface, the blocks will “walk”.The assembly consists in the series connection of the panels and snapping in with the help of locks. When laying, additional fixation of the floor is not carried out either to the plinths or to the lower layer. Therefore, it depends on the preparation of the subfloor how long the laminate floor will serve.
Regardless of the material of the subfloor, the surface is leveled, the cracks and gaps are filled. This can be done, as well as laying the laminate, with your own hands.
When leveling, a difference in the surface inclination of more than 4 mm is not allowed. The optimal level difference is 2 mm.
If the slope exceeds 4 mm:
- tiled locks loosen, eventually break;
- gaps appear between the panels;
- furniture warp;
- doors at the cabinets begin to open or not close;
- floors creak when walking.
After leveling the surface, carry out finishing actions:
- Pour the concrete floor with a finishing screed or grind.
- The cement-sand composition is coated with a primer. This prevents the formation of cement dust and protects against unpleasant squeak when walking.
- The wooden floor is leveled with a grinder, cutting off irregularities. The gap close up putty.
Read also: Choosing a soft floor for children's rooms
Linoleum does not require special preparation for laying laminate. If necessary, the linoleum surface level.
Before laying the laminate, a cushioning material is laid on the concrete subfloor. It performs several functions:
- protects the bottom layer of laminate plates from direct contact with the cement-sand mixture;
- protects the plates from moisture;
- serves as a sound insulator;
- aligns with the microfuse;
- serves as a heater.
Wooden bottom floors and old linoleum do not need to be covered with an insulating layer.
The following layers are used as a layer between the draft and the main floor:
- diffuse membrane;
- plastic film;
- roll / sheet EPPS;
- special composite materials;
- bubble wrap.
The thickness of the lining layer depends on the thickness of the panels. The passport to the product indicates the thickness of the layer between the main and lower levels. For panels, 9 mm thick, use a 3 mm insulator. The insulator layer is not fixed.
What to look for before laying
When laying laminate cross-joints are not allowed. There must be a gap between the connections. Professionals assemble the panels, taking into account that the seams are at the level of the middle of the adjacent panels. When performing work by amateurs, this rule is not observed, it is allowed to make seams at the 1 / 3panel level. This method saves material.
Installation of laminate on a wooden floor is carried out perpendicular to the location of the lower layer.
When calculating the amount of material take into account the consumption of trim panels located near the walls.
To prepare for installation around the pipe, cut holes with a diameter of 1 cm larger than the diameter of the pipe. The joint with the pipe is covered with a special laminate strip or the hole is sealed with glue / putty. The best option - first putty on top pad.
Before laying the laminate, trim the panels properly. To do this, do not use a hacksaw. It breaks the protective layer of the plates. For cutting pieces of panels use jigsaw or miter saw.
When choosing a laminate, consider that its thickness does not affect the quality. Panels with a large thickness serve the same as thin ones, but they are more expensive.
Manufacturers produce some plates with an insulating coating of the lower layer. In such cases, the insulating layer on the floor is not put, limited to the film to protect against moisture.
Read also: Heater for a doghouse
If the installation is carried out in the winter, do not use laminate, immediately after purchase. The material is given time to lie in the room so that its temperature becomes the same as in the house. For the warm season it is not necessary.
It is better to purchase immediately the required amount of material, taking into account the stock for trimming. If in the course of work to purchase additional material, its appearance may differ from the main one.
When choosing panels, pay attention to the expense for the area of the room. Part of the manufacturers indicates consumption of 2 m², part of 2.7 m².
Step-by-Step Instructions for Laying Laminate
There is a straight and diagonal paneling. Installation in a straight line( parallel to the wall) is the easiest way to lay the floor. The diagonal method requires skills, more material consumption. The popularity of the assembly of plates on a diagonal is explained by the fact that with such a floor a room is visually perceived more.
Installation in a straight line
- The surface of the subfloor is leveled and coated with primer.
- After drying the primer put an insulating layer. There are 2 ways to work with insulation. It is placed immediately on the entire surface or in parts, as laminate is being laid. The second method is preferable, since in this case the coating is preserved in integrity. The layer is placed with a small approach to the wall, without fixing. If the room is on the first floor, a polyethylene base is placed under the insulation. It will protect the lower part of the coating from the damp coming from the basement. The film is placed overlap.
- It is accepted that the seams between the individual fragments of the laminate should be parallel to the illumination. But this rule is not respected and the installation is carried out without focusing on the lighting.
- Installation of panels begin after the installation of wedges to the end wall.
- Cut ½ from the whole part of the slab and install the first panel. Form the first row. The extreme part is cut to the required size.
- Lay the second row at first without locking it in place. Each slab must be installed according to the location of the joint. Cross joints are not allowed in joints. Extreme plates are cut with regard to the connection at the level of ½ or 1/3 of the adjacent plate. After the second row is fully formed, the second row is neatly attached to the locks of the first row. Fix connections smooth movement. Hammer-mallet knock fragments using a special substrate.
- After mounting the 2 rows check the level. If necessary, the plates are leveled with a hammer.
- Gradually lay the entire floor.
- For connection with pipes, use a jigsaw to cut a hole, the diameter of which is 1 cm larger than the diameter of the pipe. The open surface is poured with glue or putty.
- Finish row stack using wedges located against the wall. If there is a need, trim laminated panels not only across, but also along.
Read also: For proper planning of the site, it is important to know how many meters in
weave. After laying the floor, the skirting and thresholds are mounted. To do this, use special mounts. Fixing plinths to the floor do not hold. Wooden plinths fit perfectly flat walls. For surfaces with minor defects, plastic skirting boards are used. Thresholds choose one- or two-level.
. Installation diagonally.
. Initial preparation is similar to that performed with direct installation. Diagonal laying of the laminate with your own hands on the video:
After the preparation and coating of the insulation, the installation starts from the corner.
- In the corner of the room mark an angle of 45˚ and make a landmark. This is a fishing line or marker mark.
- Panels, joining with the walls will have to be cut at an angle. This leads to an increase in the consumption of laminate by 8 - 10%.
- The trimmed slab is laid against the wall, then the first row is formed. Installation is carried out by checking the angle of 45˚.The extreme panel is cut at an angle and placed against the wall.
- Schedule the second row, without fixing and taking into account the location of the joining seams. After the arrangement of the second row is verified, it is fixed with the help of locks.
- Gradually fill the entire room. Regularly check the installation angle.
- In places with pipes do the same as with the direct laying of the panels.
- After installation, the installation is completed with skirting boards and sills.
Wizards advise to first lay down all the whole fragments, and then install cutting sections connecting to the walls.
Self-laying a new floor is not complicated and, if the machinery is followed, will ensure a good result. For laying your own laminate flooring enough to be patient and do the job well at every stage.
Laying laminate and plinth mounting - video